Flyers RFA

kostas

Jul 18, 2018
I'm curious to what people think about the money that will be spent on signing the restricted free agents. I'm going to throw out my guess on each, and would love to hear your thoughts and what you would expect. Thanks

Provorov = 6 million on a long term deal
Sanheim = 2.5 million on a short deal
Konecny = 4 million on a long term deal
Hartman = 2.5 million on a short deal
Laughton = 2 million on a short deal

Last edited:

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I'm curious to what people think about the money that will be spent on signing the restricted free agents. I'm going to throw out my guess on each, and would love to hear your thoughts and what you would expect. Thanks

Konecky = 4 million on a long term deal

The most important player there is Sanheim. He's scratching the surface of what he's going to do. If you can get him to ink an 8 year deal for 5 million per or so, you jump right the hell on that.

Konecny is going to get more than 4 I'd imagine. More like 4.5-5.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Laughton I would look to trade for an upgrade on the 4th line. If not , I’m giving him a 2 year deal for cheap

Provorov 6.5 M a year for 6 years
Konecny 4.75M a year for 4 years
Hartman 2.77M a year for 2 years

kostas

Jul 18, 2018
The most important player there is Sanheim. He's scratching the surface of what he's going to do. If you can get him to ink an 8 year deal for 5 million per or so, you jump right the hell on that.

Konecny is going to get more than 4 I'd imagine. More like 4.5-5.
Flyers may be in trouble if they need to pay Konecny and Sanheim 5 million

kostas

Jul 18, 2018
Laughton I would look to trade for an upgrade on the 4th line. If not , I’m giving him a 2 year deal for cheap

Provorov 6.5 M a year for 6 years
Konecny 4.75M a year for 4 years
Hartman 2.77M a year for 2 years
I like Laughton as a third line player. I think too many people are tough on him because he was a first round pick and did not turn into a first or second line player

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I like Laughton as a third line player. I think too many people are tough on him because he was a first round pick and did not turn into a first or second line player
I just think he doesn’t have enough finish. He does a lot of things right, but he also can be pretty invisible sometimes. I think you could trade him for a good player in return.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Sign Sanheim to a Ghost contract right now

If you can pull this off, you absolutely do it.

I'd say Provorov at 6.75 Long term
Sanheim at 5.5 long term if you can swing it, or a 8m/2 year bridge if we have to (though not preferable)
Konecny for 5 at a long term
Laughton at 2M short term is fine for me, hes an underrated player but can be replaced in a year or two with the prospects
Hartman at 2, maybe 2.5 at most on a 2 year? See above.

Reactions: kostas

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Flyers may be in trouble if they need to pay Konecny and Sanheim 5 million

Sanheim's essentially getting AMac's money & Konecny's getting Lethera's. No trouble at all.

The future savings in signing Sanheim now at 5 per for 8 years is massive. Going for a 50% cap discount for the next two years on a bridge deal instead of getting a 40% discount for years three through eight would be mind-bogglingly short-sighted.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
You can see with sanheim as the opportunity increases, he is rising to the occasion. If we can do the full eight years at anything below six I bet it ends up being a steal. 5 million would be absurd.

Konecny I think is a lock for 5 million, although I’m not 100% sold that I’d do the full 8 year term with some of the forwards we have coming.

Provy i would also go long term. Offer 8 years fifty million and work from there.

Hartman i would give 2 years 5 million

Laughton I think really doesn’t rate above the forth line ideally. He has some skill and adds roster flexibility but I really don’t see the need to give much of a raise or more than two years.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Provy/TK/Sanheim I'd love to all have on long term deals but I don't see that happening. Hartman would be good to bring back on a couple years. Laughton I am hoping our prospects can beat him out next season or the season after that but he is a solid 4th line wing that can jump up if need be to the third line.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yeah, I don’t want Laughton any higher than 4th line. And ideally I’d move him out & replace him with a different 4th liner. He just doesn’t do any 1 thing well enough. Kind of fast, but not super fast. Hits sometimes, but really isn’t a physical presence & doesn’t stir the pot. Not good offensively, not good defensively. Not a lightweight, but not big.

To me, the 4th line is completely up for grabs next season. Would be nice if Frost can get his feet wet there, but they may want to start him in the A.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Jacob Chychrun just got 6 years at 4.6m and he's a bum.

Noah Hanifan got 6 years at 4.95m

Brady Skjei got 6 years at 5.25m. Also a bum.

Shea Theodore got 7 years at 5.2m

... Sanheim is awesome. Get him locked in for 8 years right now.
giphy.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Laughton and even Hartman are guys you squeeze knowing that we should be replacing them in 1-2 years max. Every penny saved on them, gives you more to spend on your upper tier guys.

Reactions: BernieParent

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden

Konecny = 4 million on a long term deal
Provorov at 6mil on a long term deal could be a steal. My guess is something along the lines of 6-7.5mil for 6 years.

Sanheim at 2.5mil? I would try to lock him up long term too. I think his contract will be similar to Shayne Gostisbehere. I would guess 4.5-5mil for 5 years.

Konency at 4mil long term is fair. Would love 4mil for 5 years.

Hartman at 2.5? That’s a bit of an overpay. I would try for 2mil for 2 years.

Laughton could be had for less than 2mil although this season is helping him out. My guess is 1.75mil for 2 years.

Total: 21.25mil for total term 20 years - avg 4

Average deal being 4.25mil per player per 4 years.

For the likes of Provorov, Sanheim, and Konency being in that group... that could just be a dream.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Laughton and even Hartman are guys you squeeze knowing that we should be replacing them in 1-2 years max. Every penny saved on them, gives you more to spend on your upper tier guys.

I'm going to disagree with you on Hartman. He's already looking like the most dynamic bottom-sixer we've had in years. When you have a guy who hits, is fast, is defensively responsible and puts in 15 goals a year, there's not really any reason to replace him. Move him to the fourth line if you will, but you can keep a guy like that on the roster till he's 30. Kinda like Darren Helm on the Red Wings, except Detroit kept him probably 3 years too long.

As for Laughton, somehow he's gone from "the only guy on the team playing to his potential every night" to "meh." I think Hextall and Hakstol really messed with him. There was a time when the story of Laughton being banished to the minors served as a cautionary tale for other young Flyers prospects and was somehow viewed as a triumph of the Hextall process.

Was it really necessary? That was the year of TK and Ghost being benched, Bellemare and VdV playing 82 and 81 games. Couldn't he have been with the big club, learning how to play defense and still contributing more than Dale Weise or Lubimov? He's a guy who honestly would have been better off going to Vegas in the ED and they'd probably just let him play, and he'd be a better player for it.

Laughton is definitely replaceable but he serves a lot of roles. If he's still here in 2 years it means that our highly talented deep talent pool failed somewhere, management did a terrible job of sorting through the talent, or Laughton took some huge step forward. I don't think those things are likely; I suspect Rubtsov has a better chance of being a lineup regular than him by 2021.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Sanheim should be maxed out.

Provorov makes me nervous. I don’t feel the pressure to get him locked down like most of you inexplicably do.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If you have to trade Ghost to pay Sanheim on a long term deal, I do it all day every day. Feels like the last no 2 d-man this team has had is mccrimmon (I know exageration) Well we have a no 2 and get him on board long term.

Reactions: renberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad