Flyers RFA

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Does anyone really know the extent of Provorov's injury from last spring? Could it be that it was worse than we thought and that hampered his play early in the season? The summer is so short for NHL players. A serious injury takes more time to heal than four months or so. Then they start the next season encamp and they're still in the recovery stage. It could be that that was the situation with Provorov. Add to that Hakstol's use of him and there is the recipe for a down season.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Does anyone really know the extent of Provorov's injury from last spring? Could it be that it was worse than we thought and that hampered his play early in the season? The summer is so short for NHL players. A serious injury takes more time to heal than four months or so. Then they start the next season encamp and they're still in the recovery stage. It could be that that was the situation with Provorov. Add to that Hakstol's use of him and there is the recipe for a down season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...-played-game-6-grade-3-shoulder-ac-separation

grade3_acrosep.gif

He had a bad shoulder injury. Pretty stupid that he even played in that game

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

He had five months off between the end of the playoffs and the start of preseason, and no one thought he looked injured in training camp or the preseason games he played.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He’s #1 by coach’s option, not merit. Not the best argument.

Niskanen and Orlov have both been better than Provorov. This season Washington’s been up and down

Niskanen is in his 12th NHL season and Orlov is in his 7th. Provorov is only in his 3rd, and I don't know why anyone would assume he's already peaked.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think cutting back his minutes is the best way to get the most out of him. When he’s at his best he’s using his legs and buzzing all over the ice. Look at those 3 games after the bye week everyone talked about. But no one can maintain that level of play, given the style, playing 25+ every night. You gotta conserve energy if you’re going to play that many minutes for 82.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Niskanen is in his 12th NHL season and Orlov is in his 7th. Provorov is only in his 3rd, and I don't know why anyone would assume he's already peaked.

I’m not assuming that he’s peaked; rather, I’m questioning that he’ll make a leap in his development

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
These Provorov numbers seem high considering the season he's had. His bargaining power has been hampered in my opinion.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Could be. But his skating also fell way off. I’m thinking sports hernia. He’s looked quicker of late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad