Confirmed with Link: Flyers re-sign Rinaldo and Rosehill

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
He's an idiot. He said the only good player we got from the Carter/Richards trades is Voracek and both of them are still superior to Voracek.

He's one of those guys that think just because they won a cup in LA means it would have happened here too.

Whether you like Rinaldo or not he still serves a purpose on this team. He's the type of player that you can't judge by looking at the stat columns.

I like the Rinaldo resigning. i dont like the Rosehill resigning because i thought it could of waited until the offseason. Wasnt the whole purpose to deal Harry Z was to get a open contract slot?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I going to take a guess here at the prices.

Rinaldo at 755k average
Rosehill at 670k average.

Also the Flyers will always carry a heavyweight on their roster. No matter if you agree or not, you have to deal with it if you are a fan of this team. At least Rosehill has shown he has the ability to actually play hockey.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I like the Rinaldo resigning. i dont like the Rosehill resigning because i thought it could of waited until the offseason. Wasnt the whole purpose to deal Harry Z was to get a open contract slot?

I disagree. Shelley and Sestito are gone and there's no heavyweight on the team anymore

If they wanted to open a contract spot, they could have not tendered Harry Z his QO

RJ8812*

plus, once we let a bunch of deadweight go, we'll have ~10 contract slots open

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I disagree. Shelley and Sestito are gone and there's no heavyweight on the team anymore

If they wanted to open a contract spot, they could have not tendered Harry Z his QO

If Lavy is back how many games does Rosehill dress? He didnt use Shelley when he was here. Personally I want a team that can roll 4 lines. having a plugger like Rosehill kinda negates that.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
If Lavy is back how many games does Rosehill dress? He didnt use Shelley when he was here. Personally I want a team that can roll 4 lines. having a plugger like Rosehill kinda negates that.

I don't think he'll dress every game, but Rosehill has looked fine when playing a 4th line role.

If dressing him once in a while means fewer fights for Simmonds ... and Voracek, I'm all for it.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey

Personally, I see Rosehill as a player that can take a regular shift on the 4th line whereas Shelley was just out there to try and fight

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I don't think he'll dress every game, but Rosehill has looked fine when playing a 4th line role.

If dressing him once in a while means fewer fights for Simmonds ... and Voracek, I'm all for it.

hes been ok. I just question the timing of it thats all.
Cant see Hall,Fedotenko and Gagne coming back. Especially if the Flyers think Laughton can make the team next year. Also looking forward to seeing Cousins in camp as well to see if he can push for a roster spot.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Cant see Hall,Fedotenko and Gagne coming back. Especially if the Flyers think Laughton can make the team next year.

I don't see how Rosehill's signing would affect the others you've listed.

The Flyers were always likely to sign a goon. Rosehill is the good. If it hadn't been him, it would have been someone else.

ahthorne

Feb 23, 2013
Vancouver
Rosehill = standard goon/tough guy this team always has. Shelley is done, so they gave Rosehill a chance and I think he's done pretty well for the role they ask of him. I'd rather have Rosehill fighting than Voracek ...

Rinaldo is a perfect 4th line pest. Hits a lot, hits hard. Has been WAY better this year at keeping himself under control. The entire league hates him. Gotta love having players like that on your team.

Neither player will be playing more than 10 minutes a game usually, and I'd rather have these two than Shelley+Knuble/Harry Z.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
Cant see Hall,Fedotenko and Gagne coming back. Especially if the Flyers think Laughton can make the team next year. Also looking forward to seeing Cousins in camp as well to see if he can push for a roster spot.

I think Gagne will probably be back. Fedotenko, no, Hall, maybe

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I would like to see them bring back Hall. You can slot him on the wing during even strength and put him at center during the PK and defensive situations similar to what Dallas did with Steve Ott during his times there. Feds and Gagne can walk IMO.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I don't see how Rosehill's signing would affect the others you've listed.

The Flyers were always likely to sign a goon. Rosehill is the good. If it hadn't been him, it would have been someone else.

Yeah it would of been the blossoming power forward Colton Orr.:sarcasm:
Wasnt trying to imply Rosehill affecting Laughton and Cousins. I think bringing back 2 or all of Hall,Feds and Gagne does.
Cousins may not be ready but everyone seems to think Laughton is.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Yeah it would of been the blossoming power forward Colton Orr.:sarcasm:
Wasnt trying to imply Rosehill affecting Laughton and Cousins. I think bringing back 2 or all of Hall,Feds and Gagne does.
Cousins may not be ready but everyone seems to think Laughton is.

Its not like its the end of the world if Laughton goes back to juniors for a year.

Gagne-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Schenn-Simmonds
_____ - Couturier-Read
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo
Rosehill

There are a few options there. Laughton, McGinn, Talbot (with someone slotting into the 4th line).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad