Confirmed with Link: Flyers re-sign Carter Hart 3x$3.979m

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
If they earn it they will play. Coaches want to win and ice the lineup they think will do that.

Frost is a long shot with high potential but I have not seen a NHL caliber player in his limited time. zamula doesn’t look ready but should be later in the year. York might surprise but I’m not sure he is physically ready for regular NHL play.

My best guess is in 2 yrs Frost is setting up Ghost in Davos or some outpost in Siberia. Hope I’m wrong on both

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If they earn it they will play. Coaches want to win and ice the lineup they think will do that.

Frost is a long shot with high potential but I have not seen a NHL caliber player in his limited time. zamula doesn’t look ready but should be later in the year. York might surprise but I’m not sure he is physically ready for regular NHL play.

My best guess is in 2 yrs Frost is setting up Ghost in Davos or some outpost in Siberia. Hope I’m wrong on both

The bolded has been proven false over and over again within this organization alone.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The bolded has been proven false over and over again within this organization alone.

Only to the satisfaction of those with an agenda that overrates certain players.
Like Frost as a rookie. Or NAK. Or Ghost after 2017-18. Or . . .

Farabee has had no problem fighting off veterans, Lindblom was getting top six minutes his second season, Provorov got the most minutes on defense, TK despite 4th line metrics got promoted to the 1st line where he blossomed. And so on.

I wonder if hockey IQ and disciplined play has something to do with who gets PT. Just sayin'

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I am a month from completing my 49th year as a Flyer fan. At least I got to see them win a couple Cups when I was in Grade 8 and 9. It is becoming pale comfort.

I have never had less hope going into a season than I have now.

They are not competitive, they are not building with youth, and they got smaller and older over the summer.

Worse still, there is no realistic hope for the future, as the people in charge of the team are visionless bureaucratic mediocrities and the coaching staff are washed-up drunken grifters.

Let's Go Flyers!
I'm with you completely:thumbu:

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Does kind of suck that only 1-2 of them (Allison and maybe Frost) will be in the lineup to start the season and the rest have to rely on injuries to inferior players in order to play.
Frost is going to be included in a trade for some washed up old vet. At this point, minus a rash of injuries, I just don't see him as an every day player.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
On a different note anybody find it strange that we haven't heard a peep about extensions for Couts or G. Historically this is a franchise that signs every upcoming UFA player that they want to keep the summer before their contract ends.

Reactions: renberg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don’t think Frost, York, Zamula, or Laczynski will start with the big team.

Frost has barely played in a year & is coming off major shoulder surgery. York only has a few professional games under his belt. Zamula didn’t exactly dominate the AHL last season. And Laczynski is coming off hip surgery.

I think they’ll want each of them to get some reps in the minors, & when they start banging down the door, they’ll get the call-up. I do expect Frost force his way into the lineup, & I think they want him to. I just don’t think it will be immediate. He’s going to need to regain his timing & confidence.

Most likely they begin the season with

Giroux-Couturier-Atkinson
Farabee-Hayes-Konecny
JVR-Laughton-Allison
Lindblom-Thompson-NAK
13th man Phantom

And when Frost & Laczynski look ready, they’ll be up. Granted, if they have a great preseason they could make the lineup out of the gate, but that’s probably not the plan.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
On a different note anybody find it strange that we haven't heard a peep about extensions for Couts or G. Historically this is a franchise that signs every upcoming UFA player that they want to keep the summer before their contract ends.

Historically this was a place players wanted to play. Gotta get used to the new reality that for a while premium players are going to avoid Philly except for outlandish overpayments.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I don’t think Frost, York, Zamula, or Laczynski will start with the big team.

Frost has barely played in a year & is coming off major shoulder surgery. York only has a few professional games under his belt. Zamula didn’t exactly dominate the AHL last season. And Laczynski is coming off hip surgery.

I think they’ll want each of them to get some reps in the minors, & when they start banging down the door, they’ll get the call-up. I do expect Frost force his way into the lineup, & I think they want him to. I just don’t think it will be immediate. He’s going to need to regain his timing & confidence.

Most likely they begin the season with

Giroux-Couturier-Atkinson
Farabee-Hayes-Konecny
JVR-Laughton-Allison
Lindblom-Thompson-NAK
13th man Phantom

And when Frost & Laczynski look ready, they’ll be up. Granted, if they have a great preseason they could make the lineup out of the gate, but that’s probably not the plan.
On offense Farabee and Allison are the two players I'm most excited about right now. Farabee already was our best goal scorer last season and he'll want to show that last year wasn't a fluke and maybe even take another step.
Allison's cameo last season was a real eye opener. Seeing him take the opportunity and showing he can be a real option for the top 9 after watching guys like Vorobyev, Rubtsov, etc. disappoint was refreshing.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
On offense Farabee and Allison are the two players I'm most excited about right now. Farabee already was our best goal scorer last season and he'll want to show that last year wasn't a fluke and maybe even take another step.
Allison's cameo last season was a real eye opener. Seeing him take the opportunity and showing he can be a real option for the top 9 after watching guys like Vorobyev, Rubtsov, etc. disappoint was refreshing.
It sure was refreshing. One thing I love about both Farabee and Allison is their energy and enthusiasm. That was lacking with this team last season, but the full-time addition of Allison plus the other offseason moves should give this year's club a positive new vibe. I'm looking forward to it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Historically this was a place players wanted to play. Gotta get used to the new reality that for a while premium players are going to avoid Philly except for outlandish overpayments.

Yeah, remember when Homer and Snider were around and we could grab top talent like Bryz and AMac for bargain prices.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Only to the satisfaction of those with an agenda that overrates certain players.
Like Frost as a rookie. Or NAK. Or Ghost after 2017-18. Or . . .

Farabee has had no problem fighting off veterans, Lindblom was getting top six minutes his second season, Provorov got the most minutes on defense, TK despite 4th line metrics got promoted to the 1st line where he blossomed. And so on.

I wonder if hockey IQ and disciplined play has something to do with who gets PT. Just sayin'
Lindblom was benched for Weise
Sanheim was benched for Manning and Hagg
Konecny was demoted from that 1st line in favor of Raffl to be "heavier"
Stewart played a game

Stop with the BS that players play on merit.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

No, I don't find it strange at all. The league has a lot of big names who are UFAs next July.

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Malkin, Letang, Gaudreau, Forsberg, Barkov, Parayko, Zib, Pulock and Bergeron just to name some of them.

Reactions: Rebels57

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
No, I don't find it strange at all. The league has a lot of big names who are UFAs next July.

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Malkin, Letang, Gaudreau, Forsberg, Barkov, Parayko, Zib, Pulock and Bergeron just to name some of them.
And that's all fine. Historically that's not the way the Flyers do business and I can't think of one time a key player that the Flyers wanted to keep went into his UFA season without a new contract.

Reactions: renberg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lindblom as a rookie played 81 games at 11:50 ES, Weise 42 games at 10:28. Next season 6th at 13:53 before he got cancer.
TK went from 12:23 to 13:29 to 13:37 to 13:54 at ES.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad