GDT: FLYERS PRESS CONFERENCE AT 12:00 PM ET -- Mike Yeo introduced as head coach (streamed on NBCSP)

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
With the total bottom and nitwit Yeo at the helm, we will continue to see this team slide further down the standings. Which remember, is something we want. No bounce back please.

also, take a shot for each time you heard Cuck harken back to the 19-20 season where they won a playoff round against a terrible Habs team.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So the big takeaway is that Yeo is going to get an actual look here and they aren't looking to hire someone right away.

This should be fun.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
also, take a shot for each time you heard Cuck harken back to the 19-20 season where they won a playoff round against a terrible Habs team.

This is something this group in general is really clinging on I feel. Fletcher said it several times today, I heard AV talk about it yesterday. Voráček talked about it in CZ radio in June (to paraphrase "its a real shame the season went to stop then; we were literally one of the best teams back then)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Fletch saying he hasnt even begun the process to find a HC hire, telks me he wasnt even looking at removing AV n co.

this firing came from above...
Or maybe, above said "we are not paying another coach AND waiting multiple years for results. Turn this around this year or Yeo and yourself are gone this summer"

Ŕeality is, the quickest way for Fletch to get fired, is for us NOT to get another head coach.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
So the big takeaway is that Yeo is going to get an actual look here and they aren't looking to hire someone right away.

This should be fun.
Might not be the worst move. We all have no idea what our makeup is right now as a team. Are we going to fold and rebuild or look to try again next year? Different coaches are needed for either of those

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

This should be fun.
We'll see what his ideas are. If the team keeps playing like they have under AV, same scheme etc., he probably won't last long.
I don't really remember how the Wild played under him.

Reactions: Rebels57

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Or maybe, above said "we are not paying another coach AND waiting multiple years for results. Turn this around this year or Yeo and yourself are gone this summer"

Ŕeality is, the quickest way for Fletch to get fired, is for us NOT to get another head coach.

I'm not so sure it's that easy to break a coaches contract. Plus the NHL is all about their ethics (whatever that may be). Fletcher will get to pick another coach I'm sure.

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020
This is something this group in general is really clinging on I feel. Fletcher said it several times today, I heard AV talk about it yesterday. Voráček talked about it in CZ radio in June (to paraphrase "its a real shame the season went to stop then; we were literally one of the best teams back then)
This cores confidence was a casualty of Covid

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When asked by Sam, Fletcher didn’t even definitively say he thought they were a playoff team

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Would Giroux requesting a trade some time between now & the deadline get it through to these guys that this is a full blown dumpster fire?
he should request out, and we should grant it. Why on earth would he want to commit to this team post this year....and realistically we can't afford a contract that eats his decline years. If he wants a 2-3 yr deal, fine. I think he will get at least 5yrs on the open market.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
The Flyers still don’t fully realize that being a big market team doesn’t really matter that much with every passing CBA these days.

Their deep pockets can’t save them from their antiquated ideas anymore. The game is changing to a finesse game every passing year & they’re still stuck in the past.

They are still hanging onto the whole "broad street bullies"...

Those days and most of those players are long gone.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They are still hanging onto the whole "broad street bullies"...

Those days and most of those players are long gone.

It’s not an exact carbon copy. As you can’t even really ice a goon these days. But they do have a tendency to rely too much on low to no upside players who usually check those gritty, tries hard, etc. boxes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad