GDT: FLYERS PRESS CONFERENCE AT 12:00 PM ET -- Mike Yeo introduced as head coach (streamed on NBCSP)

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
The Philadelphia Mild.

Chuck also unveiled our new logo at the press conference today.

upload_2021-12-6_14-53-4.png

sregdoor

Jun 22, 2018
Fletch saying he hasnt even begun the process to find a HC hire, telks me he wasnt even looking at removing AV n co.

this firing came from above...
Shouldn't a GM at least have done some homework on a possible replacement. Some background list. Some possible look to the future. Did he really think he had another 2 and half years before he would need to look for a new coach?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
How many good young coaches are hired in mid-season?
Unless that coach is already in the organization?

Yeo is playing the role of Gordon in 2018-19, keep it together so they can evaluate players outside of AV's clusterf---k. Especially younger players this spring.

Now if Fletcher hires a retread, burn everything down!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This off-season blew which wasn’t surprising even at the time of the moves. Ellis was really the only positive needle moving move made this summer & he’s barely played. Other than Jones has surprisingly probably been your most impactful addition so far but that’s a backup goalie.

Chuck should have been handed his walking papers today too for that stupidity that was this summer.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I think people aren't giving Fletcher enough credit........to f*** things up. I doubt he fired Vigneault this morning without some thought about the next coach. He can't rightfully go in front of the media 3 hours afterwards and act like he had something lined up while French Alan was still the head coach.

Most likely is he has a short list of absolutely f***ing abominable names to appease Dave Scott and try to make everyone associated with the team erect with nostalgia. Because that's Fletcher's purpose here. He's the J.J. Abrams of the Flyers. He has no plan, no vision; he's just blindly chasing those Flyers memberberries at the behest of the people who are paying him. Rick Tocchet, Palpatine clones, same shit.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
I think people aren't giving Fletcher enough credit........to f*** things up. I doubt he fired Vigneault this morning without some thought about the next coach. He can't rightfully go in front of the media 3 hours afterwards and act like he had something lined up while French Alan was still the head coach. Most likely is he has a short list of absolutely f***ing abominable names to appease Dave Scott and try to make everyone associated with the team erect with nostalgia. Because that's Fletcher's purpose here. He's the J.J. Abrams of the Flyers. He has no real plan, no vision, he's just blindly pushing forward for those Flyers memberberries.
I’m inclined to agree but didn’t the Nucks just fire their guy and immediately announce Bruce? Or was there a gap?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I’m inclined to agree but didn’t the Nucks just fire their guy and immediately announce Bruce? Or was there a gap?

It seemed to be in the works for a few days, but yes, it was quick. If that was their runaway choice, fine. Perhaps Fletcher wanted Boudreau (I would've been cool with it), and the other choices are more muddled.

I would imagine Fletcher doesn't wait too long, which honestly is the worst choice. Rick f***ing Tocchet? A competent GM, seeing the writing on the wall for this shit team, would wait until the off-season when a slew of interesting up-and-comer candidates are done with their seasons. Not lustily reaching out for the first HockeyGuy™ who recently (or not recently!) got canned.

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
It seemed to be in the works for a few days, but yes, it was quick. If that was their runaway choice, fine. Perhaps Fletcher wanted Boudreau (I would've been cool with it), and the other choices are more muddled.

I would imagine Fletcher doesn't wait too long, which honestly is the worst choice. Rick f***ing Tocchet? A competent GM, seeing the writing on the wall for this shit team, would wait until the off-season when a slew of interesting up-and-comer candidates are done with their seasons. Not lustily reaching out for the first HockeyGuy™ who recently (or not recently!) got canned.
I can't imagine Tocchet, or anyone else, wanting to join this dumpster fire. Chuck still thinks this is a playoff team....it's not. So, at some point, even Chuck will realize it's time to rebuild and by the time that happens, Chuck himself will likely be let go. Would you want to be around for that circus? I sure as hell wouldn't.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa

Yeah there’s not many names floated yet that excite me. And Yeo interim screams of Fletch/Minny connection nonsense so I’m still a little nervous w that.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Torts, god no, Same with Boudreau (saved by Vancouver), Julien, and Gallant when he's fired in a year or so (never lasts three years with any team). Or Trotz.

These are guys you hire when you have a SC caliber team that's gliding through the season and you want to shake it up.
Not the guys you hire when you want to integrate a lot of young players the next two years and bring the team into the 21st century.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad