Post-Game Talk: Flyers lose. (Ottawa 4-3, 1-0 in shootout)

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
he put G where he is supposed to be also. Great job with a half a roster. Team is way ahead of where they should be right now. All the kids are in and rolling now.

Nope. He never even tried Giroux at C after being healthy again. For all we know he'd be just as good there and our C depth would be 10000x better than it is now... but thanks to him we'll never know.

The team is behind where it should be because players who are NHL ready aren't on the team right now. Instead of helping the team they're being blocked by horrible garbage who have lost us games by themselves.

On top of that, he wasted the offensive production of Konecny. For all we know, his scoring could have been the difference between a handful of losses ending up as wins. We lost quite a few games by 1 goal or in OT. It's likely an extra goal here or there has this team in a far better spot in the standings.

No minor league players are ready or Hexy would call them up and I think you will see 2 by the deadline called up.

I know you're just trolling right now because you're contradicting what you've said multiple times this year and what we both know to be true.

1) you've been complaining about Hakstol and Hextall all year but now suddenly they're doing a good job? Bullshit. Knock it off.

2) we both know there's multiple NHL ready players in the AHL who should be on this team right now. Sanheim is far better than Manning, Morin is far better than Hagg, and Lindblom is far better than Lehtera.
(and before any poster is dumb enough to say "but Morin is injured!", he was healthy when he was sent down so that's no excuse, no how many times you repeat it)

--EDIT--

And here's a small sample of what you really believe and how I know you're trying to bull**** me. I want to drive this point home, because it annoys me that you tried to pull this shit...

Hextall a f- and hak a triple f -
Hak should be shown the ****in door. Ugly mother ****er to boot.
I might just jump on the bench and slap the works for that losing streak then just toss Hak back first onto ice. Don't like that coach. Hopw we win though.
GM of the year award to goes cap space Hextall. Loser along with Hak being the coach of the year to.
Morin won the job easy in camp. Only the Hexy Hak way stopped that but now he's in and better stay.
What do you like about this team dude? You know alot about hockey and with hak being an idiot and the players just going half throttle this is a failure all the way around. Gm is terrible to. Lots to complain about here.
Hexy will bring up Brennan. Hexy and Hak have a **** team and are coached ****ty.
I don't like that coach and everyone on here knows this. I don't think hexy thinks the prospects are ready.
And Hexy. Homer should fire him right now.
We don't have a fast skating heavy forcheck type team. I hate that coach but it more on the gm for having f this type of team.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Rage Kage

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Nope. He never even tried Giroux at C after being healthy again. For all we know he'd be just as good there and our C depth would be 10000x better than it is now... but thanks to him we'll never know.

The team is behind where it should be because players who are NHL ready aren't on the team right now. Instead of helping the team they're being blocked by horrible garbage who have lost us games by themselves.

On top of that, he wasted the offensive production of Konecny. For all we know, his scoring could have been the difference between a handful of losses ending up as wins. We lost quite a few games by 1 goal or in OT. It's likely an extra goal here or there has this team in a far better spot in the standings.

I know you're just trolling right now because you're contradicting what you've said multiple times this year and what we both know to be true.

1) you've been complaining about Hakstol and Hextall all year but now suddenly they're doing a good job? Bull****. Knock it off.

2) we both know there's multiple NHL ready players in the AHL who should be on this team right now. Sanheim is far better than Manning, Morin is far better than Hagg, and Lindblom is far better than Lehtera.
(and before any poster is dumb enough to say "but Morin is injured!", he was healthy when he was sent down so that's no excuse, no how many times you repeat it)
Don't like him but he did good with young kids. Hexy sent him back.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Still have a feeling one goes. But I agree with you if all make it.
Honestly, it could be as simple as keeping Myers in the AHL again next year and role with the other 6 and AMac. Then the following summer, Gudas gets moved, Myers comes up.

Poor Friedman.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Honestly, it could be as simple as keeping Myers in the AHL again next year and role with the other 6 and AMac. Then the following summer, Gudas gets moved, Myers comes up.

Poor Friedman.

They pretty much accomplished nothing this year in breaking in the young defensemen. Hagg’s going to be the only one that played essentially a full season & he’s the worst of the bunch.

So I seriously doubt Myers factors in next year given what’s in front of him & their reluctance to break these guys in.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They pretty much accomplished nothing this year in breaking in the young defensemen. Hagg’s going to be the only one that played essentially a full season & he’s the worst of the bunch.

So I seriously doubt Myers factors in next year given what’s in front of him & their reluctance to break these guys in.

Staggering incompetence. It really is.

Just imagine how well Sanheim would be playing now had he never been benched for no reason?

We would be a better team and have fewer young dmen to integrate next season.

Just pathetic.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

You say that now. But wait until games 81 and 82.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There's no evidence that Giroux would have played as well as center without Couts - for one thing he didn't play center nearly as well 2-3 years ago WITH Voracek but WITHOUT Couts.

And moving Konecny up meant moving Voracek down (yeah Simmonds was tried, and he played better with Couts as well, everyone does, see Weise, Schenn last year). So it wasn't closed to a slam dunk, Konency showed he struggled with everyone else, Voracek at least is good enough to get by playing with Patrick and Filppula.

There's no evidence that Sanheim would have improved in the NHL, numerous young players have gone into tailspins as rookies - that's simply a presumption that can't be proven either way, but unlike Patrick, Sanheim didn't steadily improve as the season progressed.

Eventually the young players will be promoted, but so far who has dominated the AHL this season? Scoring a PPG+? Putting up huge secondary metrics? Lindblom has played much better since his start, MV had a hot streak then got hurt, NAK has been much better than last season - but can you say any of them is clearly too good for the AHL? If not, then it's reasonable (not necessarily what I'd do) for Hextall to be patient. And don't be fooled by SSS, Martel cooled off as his ridiculous S% came back to earth.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Yes. No other young players are ready. You can even tell how much stronger each of these young guys are compeard to 2 months ago.
Konecny looks transformed.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There's no evidence that Giroux would have played as well as center without Couts - for one thing he didn't play center nearly as well 2-3 years ago WITH Voracek but WITHOUT Couts.

And moving Konecny up meant moving Voracek down (yeah Simmonds was tried, and he played better with Couts as well, everyone does, see Weise, Schenn last year). So it wasn't closed to a slam dunk, Konency showed he struggled with everyone else, Voracek at least is good enough to get by playing with Patrick and Filppula.

There's no evidence that Sanheim would have improved in the NHL, numerous young players have gone into tailspins as rookies - that's simply a presumption that can't be proven either way, but unlike Patrick, Sanheim didn't steadily improve as the season progressed.

Eventually the young players will be promoted, but so far who has dominated the AHL this season? Scoring a PPG+? Putting up huge secondary metrics? Lindblom has played much better since his start, MV had a hot streak then got hurt, NAK has been much better than last season - but can you say any of them is clearly too good for the AHL? If not, then it's reasonable (not necessarily what I'd do) for Hextall to be patient. And don't be fooled by SSS, Martel cooled off as his ridiculous S% came back to earth.

Smart move weren't ready.

Konecny looks transformed.

hqdefault.jpg

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Just to be totally clear here:

View attachment 96225

Actually, this is f***ing perfect.

Here's what we've been f***ing saying: The chicken's been f***ing ready to go into the f***ing oven for f***ing eons now. But Hakstol is going to put out some safe bland stale shitty food instead of putting the f***ing chicken in the f***ing oven. His saving grace has been that eventually he f***ing figures it out and puts the goddamn f***ing chicken in the f***ing oven, but he better be careful, or else we're going to have a lot of spoiled birds on our hands, and at this rate it'll take forever before we feast, if we ever do.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Actually, this is ****ing perfect.

Here's what we've been ****ing saying: The chicken's been ****ing ready to go into the ****ing oven for ****ing eons now. But Hakstol is going to put out some safe bland stale ****ty food instead of putting the ****ing chicken in the ****ing oven. His saving grace has been that eventually he ****ing figures it out and puts the goddamn ****ing chicken in the ****ing oven, but he better be careful, or else we're going to have a lot of spoiled birds on our hands, and at this rate it'll take forever before we feast, if we ever do.
That’s one possible interpretation. :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad