Pre-Game Talk: Flyers @ Leafs - must watch TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I think he is a top 4 dman personally. I think he is going to really solidify a pair and that pair will be our new shutdown. Wouldn't be surprised if it is

Rielly - Brodie
Gio - Liljegren
Sandin - whoever

Which is a lot more digestible than what we have had.
I mean it just looks like there are 2-3 guys that are all just playing too far up. Brodie is more like a 3-4 on a contender, not a 2. Gio should be a 6th this point. Liljegren imo is 3rd pair, so in all you just have multiple guys playing above where they should be. Even Reilly I wouldn’t say is a true number 1

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don’t expect the Flyers to be flying at all, they’ll sit back and wait for opportunities and if they get a chance to take advantage of the Leafs lack of speed., they’ll jump on it.
They shouldnt have much 5v5 sustained pressure

Reactions: ToneDog

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Never won an NHL game. He may tilt the ice in our favour.
Guy is in line for a .980 save percentage and his first win. Leafs with 67% possession and dominate in shots, but "can't" get to the tough areas of the ice to score enough to win. But look at our pass completion rate and xGF, they are through the roof.

Until I see anything different, this is my truth.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Chris Terrion was on Kyper and Bourne. Says the Flyer team will work hard, play heavy, clog up the neutral zone but will give up lots of shots. Says Torts benched Koneckny and Hayes for a period earlier in the season and they responded.

If the Leafs don't bring it, Flyers can win it but I expect 34 to exploit their backup who has yet to win in the NHL. Hope it is enough to get the W.

Reactions: wingman75

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
we're 11 games into the season and already in must win games.... this core is screwed, winning or losing doesnt matter this team doesnt have it

Chris Terrion was on Kyper and Bourne. Says the Flyer team will work hard, play heavy, clog up the neutral zone but will give up lots of shots. Says Torts benched Koneckny and Hayes for a period earlier in the season and they responded.

If the Leafs don't bring it, Flyers can win it but I expect 34 to exploit their backup who has yet to win in the NHL. Hope it is enough to get the W.
I think there's something up with Matthews wrist or something. I expect pretty much the same effort that they have shown all season long, we're also good as making goalies look good so prob going to be a first win for that Flyers goalie

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
we're 11 games into the season and already in must win games.... this core is screwed, winning or losing doesnt matter this team doesnt have it

They have a month to prove you wrong. Failing that, bring in Trotz and send Kyle and his BFF back to the Soo and never to be seen in these parts.

Reactions: geo25

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
They have a month to prove you wrong. Failing that, bring in Trotz and send Kyle and his BFF back to the Soo and never to be seen in these parts.
This isn't just some early slump. this isn't just Game 11. this is Game 11 of Year 7 with this core and the same crap is going on.
Win or Loss it doesnt matter if they can't work as a team they wont go anywhere

Reactions: geo25 and ToneDog

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I can not stress how bad this Flyers team is other than Hart. Who isn't starting tonight. I expect this will be an absolute beat down by the Leafs and probably breaks a lot of guys out of their slumps.

I will be happy for both teams if that happens.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Tavares’ last 3 years: 0.364 G/GP = 30G/82GP

Career: 0.411 G/GP = 34G/82GP

Career until 2019: 0.425 G/GP = 35G/82GP

He is 4 goals off his 82 game pace over his entire career, 5 goals off of his 82 game pace since his decline…. His goal scoring woes are largely being exaggerated due to his torrid pace in his first 2 seasons with the leafs
Actually, the one year where he scored 47 is the anomaly. Other than that one year, he's averaging 33-34 goals for a full 82 game season.

The last two seasons he has averaged under 28, for a full 82 games.

Either way, I don't see any justification for expecting him to score 40.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
This isn't just some early slump. this isn't just Game 11. this is Game 11 of Year 7 with this core and the same crap is going on.
Win or Loss it doesnt matter if they can't work as a team they wont go anywhere

Exactly it is why I want to see the Flyers bring effort and take it to the Leafs and Leafs match their intensity. Hollow victories are for losers.

I can not stress how bad this Flyers team is other the Hart. Who isn't starting tonight. I expect thus will be an absolute beat down by the Leafs and probably breaks a lot of guys out of their slumps.

Guessing you haven't watched many Leaf games this season. Matthews has 3 goals in 10 games. Our D is a tire fire and our bottom 6 doesn't scare anybody.

Torts knows what it takes to beat the Leafs. If the Flyers execute, they got a shot, assuming your backup is not a sieve.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
At the moment he's putting up points, 70% of them on the PP, but he hasn't been better than AM or MM for a couple of years, especially at ES.
I beg to differ, this year to date he has been superior. Not because he has been playing a lot better, but they have been shiiiitty.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Based on what? He played top pairing minutes all season in Seattle last year. He can handle 18 minutes in a shutdown role.
Just so I can know for sure - you are saying you are happy with Giordano playing top 4 minutes in a shutdown role? You want to role into the playoffs with that?

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I can not stress how bad this Flyers team is other than Hart. Who isn't starting tonight. I expect this will be an absolute beat down by the Leafs and probably breaks a lot of guys out of their slumps.

We've already lost to the Habs, Coyotes, Sharks and Ducks

Expect the unexpected. It's Maple Leafs hockey baby

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

Never under estimate how bad the Leafs can play against teams we're supposed to beat and especially how we can make bad goalies look good.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Just so I can know for sure - you are saying you are happy with Giordano playing top 4 minutes in a shutdown role? You want to role into the playoffs with that?

We are talking about improving our blue line in the short term and I said we need to get healthy. It's obvious Muzzin's cap is available and the team will use it. I think they use it on a Muzzin replacement. Outside of that, I think the blueline is fine.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I beg to differ, this year to date he has been superior. Not because he has been playing a lot better, but they have been shiiiitty.
I said a couple of years, not 10 games, but yes, they have not been great so far this season. But they are still playing better at even strength than he is.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
We are talking about improving our blue line in the short term and I said we need to get healthy. It's obvious Muzzin's cap is available and the team will use it. I think they use it on a Muzzin replacement. Outside of that, I think the blueline is fine.
Damn, I strongly disagree, we will see how it plays out.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Guessing you haven't watched many Leaf games this season. Matthews has 3 goals in 10 games. Our D is a tire fire and our bottom 6 doesn't scare anybody.

Torts knows what it takes to beat the Leafs. If the Flyers execute, they got a shot, assuming your backup is not a sieve.
I live in Canada, I get the Leafs shoved down my throat whether I want to or not haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad