Prospect Info: Flyers Host Islanders in Rookie Game at WFC on 9/13/2017

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/fly...september-13--philadelphia-flyers/c-290730012

cut.jpg

This is the 2017 rookie camp roster.

Aube-Kubel
Lindblom
Fazleev
Vorobyev
Rubtsov
Laberge
Twarynski
Bunnaman
Salinitri
Vecchione
Patrick
Frost
Ratcliffe
Strome
Sushko
Korosenkov

Willcox
Morin
Sanheim
Friedman
Myers
Hora
DeHaas

Lyon
Hart

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm gonna try to go to that for sure.

It says tickets available at 3 PM. Anyone know to find them?

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I just "purchased" my tickets when I got the notification via email....

Got two tix Section CG Row 32....lol

FREE IS FOR ME....

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Morin being there but not Hagg is noteworthy. Maybe they want Morin to get some extra work in after his offseason wrist surgeries.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Saw their uniform numbers... I believe all the Forwards that shoud/could see action with the Flyers this Season have numbers ending with a 4... and all with the 4 at the end could be on the Roster at some point this Season.

Mere coincidence... or have I perhaps cracked the secret code? ;)

Zod

Disappointment Train
May 31, 2011
Won't be able to make it--think there might be a stream? Remember there being one from one of the last rookie games against the Caps.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
That roster is ridiculous. Should be a beat down.

My guess is Morin won't play. In the past, players with 2 years AHL experience usually sit these things out for the Flyers.

Either way, yeah that roster is insane. A definite beat down.

Edit: Looking closer at the roster. I doubt Fazleev and NAK would dress either. They have a full year of AHL, and there are other guys who they'd probably rather let play before they head back to Jr.

The same logic could be applied to Sanheim & Willcox. Although, Sanheim might play just to appease the crowd and there are less defensemen on the roster to scratch.

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I tried to get three but no dice. It would only let me get one. I think I grabbed the last one lol. If anyone has any they aren't planning on using hit me up. If I can't find one or two more tickets I'll have one available.

Pablo Sanchez

The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
Going to bring my niece to this. It will be her first game ever. The other side of her family happen to be devils fans so i'm just doing my part to make sure shes raised right.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
My guess is that the healthy scratches will be:

NAK: AHL bound and will get games in main camp

Lindblom: penciled in a roster spot with Flyers and will play lots of preseason games

Fazleev: most likely to play, but he is AHL bound

Vecchione: like Lindblom will be evaluated more closely in main camp.

Morin: really really surprised he was invited. I'm guessing he isn't happy and should be motivation for him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I really don't think there's much to be gleaned off of Morin being there. They needed to fill the roster somehow. I believe he's been mentioned skating with some Flyers at the SkateZone just recently.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I really don't think there's much to be gleaned off of Morin being there. They needed to fill the roster somehow. I believe he's been mentioned skating with some Flyers at the SkateZone just recently.

No one wants to eat at the little kid table tho. I'm sure Morin thinks he doesn't belong. And practicing with others at SkateZone means even less I'd say. It's usually one of the vets just "renting the ice" and anyone is invited. Coburn use to be known for it, esp during the lockout. Sometimes players from other teams that live local even show up. It usually isn't a "Flyers" thing, but either way it's good to see him out there

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No one wants to eat at the little kid table tho. I'm sure Morin thinks he doesn't belong. And practicing with others at SkateZone means even less I'd say. It's usually one of the vets just "renting the ice" and anyone is invited. Coburn use to be known for it, esp during the lockout. Sometimes players from other teams that live local even show up. It usually isn't a "Flyers" thing, but either way it's good to see him out there

You're reading way too much into this.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
So the only actual invite with a contract chance is Korosenkov. The 2 on D are just field fillers.

I'm hoping he earns a contract and then goes on to make the Flyers someday. I always pull for the guys that no one believed in.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
So the only actual invite with a contract chance is Korosenkov. The 2 on D are just field fillers.

I'm hoping he earns a contract and then goes on to make the Flyers someday. I always pull for the guys that no one believed in.

Kosorenkov hasn't had much chat on the board and most likely because he isn't our property, yet. People seem generally on board with giving him a contract though. He's a hit or miss offensive guy with quickness, a nice shot/release + one-timer, velcro on his blade when handling the puck at high speeds, and not short on vision (you can see for yourself in his 16-17' highlight package). Given that he wasn't drafted but still had the determination to dump himself off in NA right away is a great sign of character as well. I expect him to land a contract next month. He would have made it somewhere into the #15-20 range of the prospect skater polls for me personally.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I view Kosorenkov as a Straka type of potential prospect (minus draft position). Kosorenkov has 2nd line upside with scoring touch. Just needs to commit to 200 ft game and work hard. I really hope they sign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad