Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

----------------------------------

Mod edit:

The Philadelphia Flyers announced Monday morning that North Dakota’s Dave Hakstol has been named the team’s new head coach.

“Dave brings a wealth of head coaching experience and success to the Philadelphia Flyers organization,” said Philadelphia GM Ron Hextall in a statement. “He’s a proven winner and we are pleased to have him become part of the Flyers family.”

“I am extremely excited to be named the Philadelphia Flyers new head coach,” added Hakstol. “Through the process here with Ron [Hextall] and everybody in the Flyers organization, I have gained even more of an understanding of the history and tradition of this organization and I’m very proud to become part of the Philadelphia Flyers today.”

Hakstol also commended UND in a school-issued press release.

“I have spent the better part of my professional life with the University of North Dakota hockey program and every day of it has been a privilege,” said Hakstol. “I’ve had the chance to work with and learn from some of the best people in hockey and I’m lucky to be able to call them my friends. I want to thank the staff, players and fans who have helped make thissuch a special place for our family.”

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2015/05/18/hak...for-same-role-with-nhls-flyers/#ixzz3aUwZfp2e

Last edited by a moderator:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wonder if this means Parks gets signed now? Apparently he's a well respected coach and hockey mind who's done a great job with that college team.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
soo...Parks is making the team next year?

I'll wait to hear some more reasoning behind the decision, but it's surprising, even with Hakstol being the coach of a great collegiate program.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Oh, I just saw the coached his son. hmmm..

Well every now and then a good coach pops up from the ranks, maybe this can be ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad