Flyers hire Assistant Coach Knoblauch

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Knob could give some good insight on Lodnia. Is there any other Erie draft eligible players that he might have the inside track on? I am too lazy to look....and I know about Raddysh being a UFA. Any others?

Knob should be able to give good insight on all OHL draft prospects, not just the ones on his own team. I'm sure Hextall will solicit his input.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This Coyotes fan hates you people right now. The complete moron of an owner that gave Dave Garbage Tippett his stupid extension is just about to be bought out, and we are finally likely to be free of Tippett's putrid ass. I wanted Knoblauch to replace him as head coach. We just couldn't cut out the cancer fast enough. Dammit!!! Oh well, maybe I'll just be a Flyers fan instead. I like Eastern PA quite a lot anyway.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
This Coyotes fan hates you people right now. The complete moron of an owner that gave Dave Garbage Tippett his stupid extension is just about to be bought out, and we are finally likely to be free of Tippett's putrid ass. I wanted Knoblauch to replace him as head coach. We just couldn't cut out the cancer fast enough. Dammit!!! Oh well, maybe I'll just be a Flyers fan instead. I like Eastern PA quite a lot anyway.

Eastern team as your secondary. Taking on a Western team has made the late games so much more entertaining.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

We will welcome you with open arms!

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
I suspect this hiring was strongly supported by Hakstol, who's assistant coach was named to replace him (thus was unavailable to bring with him).

Who immediately went on to lead "The Fighting Hawks" to an NCAA Championship. So, when Hakstol is inevitably replaced, whoever replaces him should inevitably win us a cup. It's science.

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach

Appreciating Eastern PA, and disregarding Western PA, will get you everywhere.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I hope we stop calling him Knob and call him something else soon. I don't know what a good alternative is, but I read a lot of British stories because of Liverpool
and seeing a guy we like called "Knob" is very confusing :laugh:

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ

I'm a fan of both teams (Flyers 1st / Yotes 2nd) -- welcome!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's a good pun, and I know it should be pronounced Fly-oh-tees, but I can't get out of the habit of thinking it's said: Fly-oats.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Another Coach without pro-experience :(
I'm not questioning Knoblauch who obviously is highly touted and has drawn a lot of interest from different teams but the setup of the Coaching staff that Hextall has put together.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Im pretty excited about this hire. Im not a Hakstol hater like the rest of this board has apparently become, and I think a punch and shakeup to the way this team generates offense (especially with the young talent coming in) is a step in the right direction.

Depending on our opening night roster, I'm becoming very optimistic about this season.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Im pretty excited about this hire. Im not a Hakstol hater like the rest of this board has apparently become, and I think a punch and shakeup to the way this team generates offense (especially with the young talent coming in) is a step in the right direction.

Depending on our opening night roster, I'm becoming very optimistic about this season.

I am excited about next season too. Every board seems to hate their coach except Toronto.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I am excited about next season too. Every board seems to hate their coach except Toronto.

There's a very simple reason:
Team disappoints -

1) fire coach, easy, buys a year when you can dream a new coach can perform miracles

2) get better talent, hard, takes years, often fails, and until you actually get that talent (trades require giving up talent, draft can take 3-5 years), harder to dream.

So of course most fans focus on changing coaches, not that it works, but it allows one to fantasize that it will work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad