Flyers hire Assistant Coach Knoblauch

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

==================

Here's an excerpt from an AP article:

Brown said Knoblauch deserves "a massive amount" of credit for turning the Otters into a junior hockey powerhouse and compared his style to that of Mike Babcock, the Stanley Cup- and two-time Olympic gold medal-winning coach of the Maple Leafs.

"They deliver information in a way you really understand," Brown said. "He brings that classroom mentality to the dressing room."

Going to a young team like Philadelphia, which might have 33-year-old Valtteri Filppula as its oldest player, looks like a perfect fit for Knoblauch, who learned early in his career that drawing up power plays and forechecking strategies was a small fraction of the job compared to managing individuals. In Erie, Knoblauch and his staff created personality profiles of players to know how best to communicate with them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswire...r-knoblauch-assistant-coach-article-1.3228330

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
My guess is that Hextall is preparing for the next coach if Hakstol doesn't work out. Get a guy ready to go instead of being painted in a corner.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
"Knob" - as in "Crosby is a huge ****ing knob"
"Loch" - as in "What is that big purple dinosaur-looking ****er in my Scottish lake?"

2GBQPWl.jpg

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Awesome hire!!!! With the influx of young players coming, Knoblauch is going to be vital piece in getting them in line with what Hakstol is doing and he's going to a great go between.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad