GDT: Flyers @ Flying Birds 7:30 PM

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
Thompson is pretty horrible offensively and holds back whatever wingers are put on his line. Should have just resigned MP22 instead of picking up Thompson.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Thompson is pretty horrible offensively and holds back whatever wingers are put on his line. Should have just resigned MP22 instead of picking up Thompson.
You know, we could have had both. It's not like it was one or the other.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
I don't even like Thompson as a 4C if I'm being honest. I'd rather have a good offensive center than whatever Thompson is doing. MP22 can be used as a solid 3C or a really good 4C.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Or we could have a solid defensive, hard checking 4th line and a good offensive 3rd line instead, but we have no good offensive 3c currently.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Double team on Matty B

B3_KtadCYAA-8c9.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/PorcelainPrinc/status/540373367732580352

imbatman

Aug 27, 2010
Ducks are 4-0-1 in games in which I attend.

Need to step up your attendance. Im not so lucky with the Ducks, probably about 15 wins and 10 losses. With the Angels though, Im like 50-1. Only game they lost, was 1-0 and they had the bases loaded with nobody out in the 9th too.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I wouldn't give up on Karlsson as being our 3rd line center for the playoffs. He has 1/2 season to develop in Norlfolk, which worked for Getz and Pears in our Stanley Cup year. We will make the playoffs, so we can afford to be patient.

a) Getzlaf and Perry are on another level to Karlsson
b) They didn't play a single game in the minors in the Stanley Cup year.

Yeah, but they've lost a lot more impact players (Horton, Bobrovsky, Anisimov, Murray, Letestu, Jenner, etc.), while most (not all) of our injuries have been to role players.

Yeah - Beauchemin and Perry are the only impact guys we've lost for more than a couple of games. Fowler and Getzlaf missed one each but that's not much in the grand scheme of things.

Santorelli?

If the Leafs are out I would be keen on Santorelli. I think he gets extended there though, he's been great for them.

Yeah exactly. And Thompson is a good 4C, are people really expecting 25+ points out of our 4C every year?

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Need to step up your attendance. Im not so lucky with the Ducks, probably about 15 wins and 10 losses. With the Angels though, Im like 50-1. Only game they lost, was 1-0 and they had the bases loaded with nobody out in the 9th too.

Yeah, that sounds like an Angels game.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Thompson is so superior to MP its not even funny.

Maybe he is goina contribute a couple less points, but playoffs, physical, faceoffs, head to head, defensive ability... Thompson > MP

MP disappeared and got manhandled when he faced any descent opposition.

Black Duck

Sep 21, 2014
Near Sumulaakso
Thompson is so superior to MP its not even funny.

Maybe he is goina contribute a couple less points, but playoffs, physical, faceoffs, head to head, defensive ability... Thompson > MP

MP disappeared and got manhandled when he faced any descent opposition.

I agree with that. I remember last year when MP was in trouble in own zone many many many times.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA

I'm trying I swear. I plan attending a few more games this month. But I am trying, I promise that :laugh:

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
I was at the game last night and for whatever reason could not hear the whistle that took the "offsides" Beleskey goal back. But watching it on TV replay it seemed quite audible. Confused myself and a lot of other people in my section for a minute or two.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
ok game.

our pp is such ****. we couldn't get out of the neutral zone half the time and word is out, pressure our points, get breakaways for shorty attempts.

glad they showed heart and got back into the game though.

lindholm charging up for center lane drives on the rush, awesome to see.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
ok game.

our pp is such ****. we couldn't get out of the neutral zone half the time and word is out, pressure our points, get breakaways for shorty attempts.

I thought the PP looked fine after the 1st two PPs, which were terrible. The other 3, I thought the unit looked good. I hope BB keeps that combo together, although I don't like the way he's using Kesler on it.

"okay game" is probably how I would describe it as well. I really, really don't like Bourque on this team. He doesn't provide anything. If he turns it on in the playoffs, it will be worth it, but man, he looks horrible. I think we need another forward for sure though. Either a 3rd line center, or a top 6 winger. Having Bourque here probably makes that harder to obtain.

edit: BB, not Murray...

Last edited:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
ok game.

It was until Perry couldn't drag his own ass across the line quick enough. Perry looked like he had a piano on his back most of the night.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It was until Perry couldn't drag his own ass across the line quick enough. Perry looked like he had a piano on his back most of the night.

Yeah. He kind of moved over to the right a bit, too. That further slowed him down. Bugs me when the player with the puck doesn't get across the line first. Hesitating, changing your angle, changing your speed, or making a move before the blue line is going to put someone offside more often than not.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I thought the PP looked fine after the 1st two PPs, which were terrible. The other 3, I thought the unit looked good. I hope Murray keeps that combo together, although I don't like the way he's using Kesler on it.

"okay game" is probably how I would describe it as well. I really, really don't like Bourque on this team. He doesn't provide anything. If he turns it on in the playoffs, it will be worth it, but man, he looks horrible. I think we need another forward for sure though. Either a 3rd line center, or a top 6 winger. Having Bourque here probably makes that harder to obtain.

Murray is the GM...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad