Confirmed with Link: Flyers do not trade James van Riemsdyk prior to deadline, retracted reports he was supposed to be traded to Detroit

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think the most damage was done by not showcasing JVR and putting him in every situation to show value. They were more worried about getting everyone to play the Torts way than they were selling for draft capital. Falls into the same category of pretending they aren’t rebuilding. Overall just a bad plan that shows the team is stuck in fantasy land
Wait, what?

The Flyers should have been more concerned with showcasing a guy with a month left on his contract than with getting the team to play as a unit under Torts?

Regardless, JVR has received ample opportunities. He’s playing 16 minutes/game & on the PP.

The problem is his play. Zero points in 13 of his last 16 games.

He’s supposed to be an offensive player, but he’s not producing. And he doesn’t offer anything else.

Face it, no one wanted him.

Reactions: tucson83

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wait, what?

The Flyers should have been more concerned with showcasing a guy with a month left on his contract than with getting the team to play as a unit under Torts?

Regardless, JVR has received ample opportunities. He’s playing 16 minutes/game & on the PP.

The problem is his play. Zero points in 13 of his last 16 games.

He’s supposed to be an offensive player, but he’s not producing. And he doesn’t offer anything else.

Face it, no one wanted him.

Since "Tortorella Hockey" is losing hockey, yes. I'm more concerned with them getting value for JVR than in learning how to be bigger losers playing a brand of hockey that has never succeeded and which is fully obsolete and dissected in 2023.

Reactions: Larry44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad