Confirmed with Link: Flyers claim defenseman Kevin Connauton (ex of Florida)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It sounds like York is not physically ready coming out of Covid. I can relate to that having had the germ. You can be symptom free but your stamina isn’t there yet. It takes time.
How healthy is Z? Has he fully recovered to the point where he can play to his full potential. I don’t want to see him being put on the LV-Philly yo-yo. When he comes up, it should be to stay. The same with York, Frost, Allison and Laczynski. Occasional goof ups or not, these guys are better than some of the riff raff that has been out on the ice this season

If Fletcher thinks the season is a lost cause, even more reason to be cautious with your top prospects - because you want Yeo to stabilize the situation before you throw them into the fire - you want them to play enough to prepare for next season, but not get in over their heads and have to yo-yo.

Reactions: Larry44

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What is Fletch doing holy s***

Hahaha this motherf***er, you know what he did? He started to have rectal failure when he found out he had to fire Alain, because he is a TOTAL bottom. So the way he handled it was the way he handles everything - he snorted a mountain of angel dust. So then he goes and fires Alain and French Bitch, then sits there through that press conference mumbling nonsense incoherently, then went and got his chute plunged by [REDACTED]ayes for three or four hours. He was walking that off when he saw the waiver wire and VOILA! We have a brand-new scrub.

And we all lived happily never after.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So the kids aren’t playing bc either A- save em for next year the season lost, or B- bc the season still has hope and we need steady vets. This isn’t a personal attack at anyone, just pointing out the bs spin options that mgmt will use

York has COVID, Zamula was injured earlier, they're 20 and 21. There's plenty of time for them to come up this season.
One reason bad teams stay bad is they rush their prospects, and screw up their development. See Buffalo.

If the Flyers are buried by February, you'll see York, Zamula, maybe Hogberg, Rubtsov, then Brink, Attard, St Ivany et al later in the spring. Much like last season when they played Allison, Laczynski, Cates, even got York and Zamula in a couple of games.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Hahaha this motherf***er, you know what he did? He started to have rectal failure when he found out he had to fire Alain, because he is a TOTAL bottom. So the way he handled it was the way he handles everything - he snorted a mountain of angel dust. So then he goes and fires Alain and French Bitch, then sits there through that press conference mumbling nonsense incoherently, then went and got his chute plunged by [REDACTED]ayes for three or four hours. He was walking that off when he saw the waiver wire and VOILA! We have a brand-new scrub.

Speaking of rectal failures, I'll be in Bangkok for about a week and Koh Samui for about 10 days in January. Send any recommendations my way.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002

So hard to pick one after all your amazing posts and tweets over the last couple days, but…..Nominated - Post of the Week!

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
i dont beleive for a second that Yandle doesnt have a gentlemens agreement with Fletch that he doesnt get HS'd till he gets his ironman record..

no way he signs here otherwise...

hes in till the record. #fact.

No offense, but you're naive to think he would be scratched after winning the record.

With Kessel on his heels, Yandle won't be coming out of the lineup. It's a race in and of itself, of little and less importance but it exists for real, and there's no f***ing way Yandle will come out unless he is forced to miss a game due to a physical ailment.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Dave Schultz, Brad Marsh, and Mark Recchi beg to differ with you.

Traded, lost on waivers, traded.

Also outside of those three the last series of players to wear that number up until Recchi

Woof

Shawn Antoski 1995-1996
Michel Petit 1997
Jody Hull 1999
Geoff Sanderson 2007
Rory Fitzpatrick 2008
Matt Walker 2011-2012 Great hips on that guy.
Nicklas Grossmann 2012-2015
Robert Hagg 2018-2021

Last edited:

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
i dont beleive for a second that Yandle doesnt have a gentlemens agreement with Fletch that he doesnt get HS'd till he gets his ironman record..

no way he signs here otherwise...

hes in till the record. #fact.

Again, Kessel is only 20 games behind him, I think they keep playing Yandle even after he sets it because if they don't Kessel will break it like 2 months later.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
York has COVID, Zamula was injured earlier, they're 20 and 21. There's plenty of time for them to come up this season.
One reason bad teams stay bad is they rush their prospects, and screw up their development. See Buffalo.

If the Flyers are buried by February, you'll see York, Zamula, maybe Hogberg, Rubtsov, then Brink, Attard, St Ivany et al later in the spring. Much like last season when they played Allison, Laczynski, Cates, even got York and Zamula in a couple of games.
Which is fine reasoning, but the argument for the other side is look at a team like Anaheim that is over-performing to expectation largely in part Bc of the youth injected into their lineup that’s given them a spark. We tend to never try that option as a franchise

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Which is fine reasoning, but the argument for the other side is look at a team like Anaheim that is over-performing to expectation largely in part Bc of the youth injected into their lineup that’s given them a spark. We tend to never try that option as a franchise

In 2020-2021, 36 players played at least 1 game for the Flyers.

22 of them were 25 years old or under.

13 of those were 23 or under.

In 2019-2020, 34 players played at least 1 game for the Flyers.

18 of them were 25 or under.

14 were 23 or under.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
It sounds like York is not physically ready coming out of Covid. I can relate to that having had the germ. You can be symptom free but your stamina isn’t there yet. It takes time.
How healthy is Z? Has he fully recovered to the point where he can play to his full potential. I don’t want to see him being put on the LV-Philly yo-yo. When he comes up, it should be to stay. The same with York, Frost, Allison and Laczynski. Occasional goof ups or not, these guys are better than some of the riff raff that has been out on the ice this season

Unfortunately this likely means York isn’t an option this year. Don’t be surprised if he plays like crap the rest of the year

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
In 2020-2021, 36 players played at least 1 game for the Flyers.

22 of them were 25 years old or under.

13 of those were 23 or under.

In 2019-2020, 34 players played at least 1 game for the Flyers.

18 of them were 25 or under.

14 were 23 or under.
Okay but who were those players? 3 games of Bunnaman qualifies for those parameters. I know we’ve injected guys like Provorov and Konecny, who were essentially slam dunks. I’m talking about the overall franchise tendency to be cautious w youth. It’s not a bad philosophy if you’re developing them well, but we aren’t even doing that. So I’m advocating for trying more of the alternative.

Reactions: Nizzle and Rebels57

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Speaking of rectal failures, I'll be in Bangkok for about a week and Koh Samui for about 10 days in January. Send any recommendations my way.

Honest to God, the only recommendation I have is to stay inside in the air conditioning when you aren't out getting food. It's probably going to rain, so prepare yourself for that, and remember that just being inside your own skin means you are wearing too much to be comfortable. Unless you have something specific in mind that you want, don't bother going to restaurants - just get your food from the street or from the various stalls inside or just outside malls and markets. Don't let your eyes get too big when you are walking around looking to shop - most of that shit is stolen off the back of trucks or broken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad