Value of: Flyers bottom-6 forwards

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
Would a 4th be enough for Scott Laughton?

If Hextall can get a 3rd for each of Zac Rinaldo and Tye McGinn, I'm sure he can do better than this.

Don't know why Laughton is even listed, Hextall protected him in the expansion draft to give him another shot. Otherwise, I imagine Laughton would have gotten traded prior to the expansion draft instead of Cousins.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
If Hextall can get a 3rd for each of Zac Rinaldo and Tye McGinn, I'm sure he can do better than this.

Don't know why Laughton is even listed, Hextall protected him in the expansion draft to give him another shot. Otherwise, I imagine Laughton would have gotten traded prior to the expansion draft instead of Cousins.

then what would the price be to la for him ? throw me a counter offer

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
then what would the price be to la for him ? throw me a counter offer

I try not to gauge value because I dont know the flyers organizations thoughts on him. The goal of my statement was to show that potentially, they still believe in him turning it around(thus the protection spot), so they wouldnt move him for a middling pick. The other side of that argument is that, well, the flyers didnt really have anyone else worth taking, so he made sense to protect, so they may not be as high as we think.

If it were me? I wouldnt move him because i still think he can be a solid bottom 6 NHL player, even if he doesn't pan out as we hoped (good middle 6er). Admittedly, his time is getting a bit short to prove that though. I don't think he's worth this, but i wouldnt move him for less than a 2nd, because we can afford to take that gamble of him not working out and dealing with the 'lost' cost.

See bolded.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
2nd is to much imo His best season is 21 points Yes hes scored at the ahl level but so did shore and weal and don't in the nhl A 3rd is the best id offer

I guess 'see bolded' was a little too explicit. I would encourage you to read the whole thing. We can all agree his value isnt that of a 1st round pick, but the Flyers have enough Forward prospects now at this point that need additional time, that moving Laughton isnt a need. So, while i know this is terribly cliche on here, moving him for 'fair' (which is probably a 3rd) doesn't make sense. If he doesnt make it, he doesnt make it. But i would take my chances on Laughton being a semi-productive bottom 6er still, despite his underwhelming career to date, over drafting a 3/4/5/6/7 round pick and hoping that they can become the same.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
2nd is to much imo His best season is 21 points Yes hes scored at the ahl level but so did shore and weal and don't in the nhl A 3rd is the best id offer

Did you not see Curtis Lazar traded for a 2nd+ this past season?

That was in the midst of a season that was an absolute disaster, and their track records prior are pretty similar. Laughton at least went down to the AHL and was the best 5v5 scorer on the team (no PP time) as their 1C. And he was a very strong 5v5 rate scorer/PKer in his rookie NHL year. A 2nd is not too much using recent precedent. Besides, 1st round pick sheen tends to last. Just had Mueller+5th (another player who hasn't panned out) traded for a 2nd+4th too. Laughton's pro record isn't that bad -- probably better than both of theirs -- that he couldn't be a good "reclamation project" for a mid-late 2nd. Not even sure I'd classify him as that yet anyway given he has shown something and hasn't had the best opportunity.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
This is what would probably be available from the Flyers
LW-C Filppula < at trade deadline if Flyers are not in playoff race.
Flyers Line 4 LW Raffl C Lehtera RW Weise

Scratched NHL forwards:
RW Read
C Laughton
LW Leier < maybe

Phantoms Forwards that may be available:
RW McDonald
C Knight
C Bardreau
LW Goulbourne

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I read some of the posts in this thread and all I can do is ... :shakehead

Did I say Laughton is THE guy to be traded?
Did I say he is available?

All I wanted to know is what would you offer for them ...

Because, as far as I am concerned,

... Raffl/Laughton will battle for the 4th line LW spot.
... Lehtera/Vecchione will battle for the 4th line center spot.
... Weise/Read will battle for the 4th line RW spot.

Someone has to go.

Just because they are not PPG players, they are not worthless. It's called depth, nothing else.

Just because Laughton was protected he didn't become untouchable. You know, yo're still allowed to trade him if it makes sense.

Just because no one answered they are not trash. Hf BOARDS, the place to be ....

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
If you have Filp on your LW, any chance a deal can be made with Pitt to make him our 3C? Maybe Hagelin?

Hags deal expires in 2 years and he you would be saving 1 million in space now

Speedy LW good on PK

I don't think A) that PIT would be willing to trade Hagelin for Filppula, and B) that they would offer enough to PHI to entice them to retain on Filppula and to trade him to a division rival. About the only chance of that happening is if they're way out of the playoff race by the TD.

I'd love to get my hands on him... as I think he's really an underrated player who could be an amazing #3C for us... but the odds of it happening are an extreme longshot.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Funny how he said no to Montreal at the last deadline, but would be in a top 6 C role. Now he won't be a top 3 C with Philly. Of course adding Patrick changed things. Without a lottery win, he would have been needed this coming year to hopefully bridge when guys like Vecchione or Vorobyev could be ready in 2018.

He has one year and then he can go wherever he wants. I don't think he's to broken up about having to spend a season in Philly. Even if they're not contenders, it's a decent team who were at least in the playoff race last season, in a good hockey city.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He has one year and then he can go wherever he wants. I don't think he's to broken up about having to spend a season in Philly. Even if they're not contenders, it's a decent team who were at least in the playoff race last season, in a good hockey city.

I think that was his point - that he chose philly, despite barely being a playoff team - over going to montreal, who was a contender at the time, wirh no real 'center'.

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
I don't think A) that PIT would be willing to trade Hagelin for Filppula, and B) that they would offer enough to PHI to entice them to retain on Filppula and to trade him to a division rival. About the only chance of that happening is if they're way out of the playoff race by the TD.

I'd love to get my hands on him... as I think he's really an underrated player who could be an amazing #3C for us... but the odds of it happening are an extreme longshot.

Personally I wouldn't even mind picking up Raffl for a 3rd or whatever and get fully on the Guentzel at 3C train. Of course these team aren't doing a deal, so alas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad