Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2020

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
With their final selection Calgary will go with: Maximilian Glötzl

1 - 20 - Jacob Perreault, RW, Sarnia (OHL)
2 - 51 - Ty Smilanic, F, USNTDP (USHL)
3 - 76 - Eamon Powell, D, USNTDP (USHL)
4 - 96 - Jan Bednar, G, Karlovy Vary (Czech Extraliga)
5 - 144 - Karel Klikorka, D, Mlada Boleslav (Czech Extraliga)
6 - 175 - Wyatt Schingoethe, F, Waterloo (USHL)
7 - 206 - Maximilian Glötzl, D, Kölner Haie (DEL)

@Ghosts Beer

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The Islanders will round this out with Senna Peeters, W, Halifax (QMJHL).

Peeters_2_by_Amanda_Wicks.jpg

Islanders Substitute GM 2020 Fake Picks:
5 - 145 - NY Islanders - Pavel Tyutnev, C, Yaroslav (MHL)
6 - 176 - NY Islanders - Zach Uens, D, Merrimack College (NCAA)
7 - 207 - NY Islanders - Senna Peeters, W, Halifax (QMJHL)

Winnipeg's 2020 Fake Picks:
1 - 10 - Winnipeg - Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (SM-Liiga)
2 - 40 - Winnipeg - Topi Niemela, D, Oulu (SM-Liiga)
5 - 133 - Winnipeg - Landon Slaggert, C/W, US U18 (NTDP)
6 - 164 - Winnipeg - Ivan Didkovsky, RW, MHK Dynamo Moskva (MHL)

@FlyguyOX

Reactions: Chuck Downie

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Wanted to take a forward here, but the guy I considered with my last two picks is still on the board so I have to take him. Plus I can take my forward with pick #217 that @Appleyard has to give me to continue the annual tradition.

Montreal selects Lleyton Moore.

I'm cornering the market on vertically challenged, skilled, left shot, puck movers. This kid always jumps out to me when I watch Oshawa. He has the skill level to take shifts at forward and not look out of place, but so far his skill translates more to moving the puck than goal generation and he's one of the better puck movers I've seen this year in the CHL. Hoping over the next two years the point production matches up with the skill level. Getting on the top PP with Tomasino and Tullio would go a long way. This is a kid that scored on par with Jamie Drysdale in Midget. Decent skater too.

@BigToe is up.

I regret picking Dufour.

RoundPickTeamPlayerPositionHeightLeagueTeamCS Rank
116MontrealMavrik BourqueF5'10QMJHLShawinigan022 NA-S
244MontrealDaniil GushchinF5'8USHLMuskegon041 NA-S
248MontrealAnton JohannessonD5'9SuperElitHV71 J20031 E-S
261MontrealTyler TullioF5'9OHLOshawa052 NA-S
378MontrealBrett BerardF5'9USHLUSNTDP045 NA-S
389MontrealEthan CardwellF5'10OHLBarrie070 NA-S
498MontrealYevgeni OksentyukF5'7OHLFlint109 NA-S
4102MontrealJacob DionD5'9QMJHLDrummondville202 NA-S
4109MontrealEthan EdwardsD5'10AJHLSpruce Grove077 NA-S
5136MontrealWilliam DufourF6'2QMJHLDrummondville069 NA-S
5140MontrealBenjamin BaumgartnerF5'9NLADavos080 E-S
6171MontrealRyker EvansD5'10WHLRegina178 NA-S
7188MontrealRobert CalistiD5'10OHLSault Ste. Marie078 NA-S
7203MontrealLleyton MooreD5'9OHLOshawa194 NA-S
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Nice job, FLY, so much better and more insightful than I would have done. Like I knew you would!

giphy.gif

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
With the 208th pick, the Columbus Blue Jackets select Alexander Gordin F, SKA (MHL)

upload_2020-9-7_15-43-40.jpeg

1 - 22 - Columbus - Braden Schneider, D, Brandon (WHL)
4 - 115 - Columbus - Pavel Gogolev, F, Guelph (OHL)
5 - 146 - Columbus - Yegor Sokolov, F, Cape Breton (QMJHL)

6 - 177 - Columbus - Maxim Beryozkin, F, Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (MHL)
7 - 208 - Columbus - Alexander Gordin, F, SKA (MHL)

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Terry Pegula hurries to his makeshift podium again with a shit-eating grin on his face that would make a dung beetle blush.

"After several seconds of deliberation, the Buffalo Sabres are honestly dumbfounded that this young man fell to us this late in the draft. I mean seriously, what are all you other teams even doing at this point? What an absolute mockery this draft has become. We as an organization are disgusted to be lumped in with such nonsense and feel we should be awarded the cup next year on competency alone. That said, the Sabres are very proud to select Gunnarwolfe Fontaine. Eat it, nerds! Suck my fat di-"

"SHUT UP TERRY!", exclaims a beaten and broken down Kevyn Adams. "We already drafted him this year. You stupid, stupid bitch."

"I'm not stupid, you're stupid," says Terry, stupidly. "I knew that. I, I was just messing around. I meant to say the Sabres select, uhh, Ivan."

"Ivan who? You dumbshit," asks Kevyn.

A perplexed Pegula eventually just starts chanting Ivan repeatedly before his video feed cuts out.

"IVAN IVAN IVAN IVAN."

Little did Terry know at the moment, he had just selected Ivan Ivan, a center from the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles in the QMJHL.

cape-breton-eagles-ivan-wears-the-no-49-jersey-to-honour-grandfather-a_sg6xQF3_large.jpg

@Strawberry Fields is up.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
:vegas

Vegas selects C Cameron Berg of the Muskegon Lumberjacks, committed the University of Nebraska-Omaha.

md20200114-485420.jpg

Apologies for abandoning the whole cool name thing.

Draft recap for Vegas:

25- RW Justin Sourdif, Vancouver (WHL) (AUTOPICK)
68- C Theodor Niederbach, Frolunda (SHL)
87- D Wyatt Kaiser, Andover High School (USHS)
180- G Devon Levi, Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL)
211- C Cameron Berg, Muskegon Lumberjacks (USHL)

Thanks again and as always to @Chuck Downie for making this happen! Until next year.

@Appleyard has the floor!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
With the 212th pick in the draft, the Phildelphia Flyers are proud to select, from HC Vita Hasten in the Allsvenskan, RHD, Albert Lyckåsen.

MWsBuZRRAOUvT3Op6MaGilBYhvNLpCvtLZgEiV1ImTNv2zA9bjxaTpR8ax5W12ZkkYeC_HaOXoGNnUqa2pwn2bTYlICV22B8_hDvy0ZPyayZqu_Vryw1kWSa

Lyckåsen, like all young Swedes, excited at his recent Ikea purchases. (Brännadinögonut are the names of the fixtures shown, for those interested)

Chuck Fletcher:

"This was the pick in the draft we ummed and ahhed about most. There were five or so players we really thought about here... but we settled on a Swede. As that is what everyone should do if they are in doubt. Plus, we already took 2x over-age Dman... so why not complete the hat-trick!

Albert should probably have been drafted late last year with his skill-set. Good all-around skater, likes jumping into the rush, and is creative with the puck. Also gets his shot through well. For a smaller guy not scared of physical contact either. Has some work to do defensively even if works hard there... but the core skill-set is very much there. Might be getting ready to blow up in the Allsvenskan next year. Oh, he is a righty as well so AV will be giddy about that."

@Rebels57 you are up!

That completes the Flyers draft:

#26 overall: Noel Gunler, RW
#57 overall: William Villenueve, RHD
#119 overall: Ryan Francis, RW
#150 overall: Oscar Tellström, RW/LW
#181 overall: Adam Wilsby, LHD
#202 overall: Billy Constantinou: RHD
#212 overall: Albert Lyckåsen, RHD

Last edited:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
With the 212th pick in the draft, the Phildelphia Flyers are proud to select, from HC Vita Hasten in the Allsvenskan, RHD, Albert Lyckåsen.

MWsBuZRRAOUvT3Op6MaGilBYhvNLpCvtLZgEiV1ImTNv2zA9bjxaTpR8ax5W12ZkkYeC_HaOXoGNnUqa2pwn2bTYlICV22B8_hDvy0ZPyayZqu_Vryw1kWSa

Lyckåsen, like all young Swedes, excited at his recent Ikea purchases. (Brännadinögonut are the names of the fixtures shown, for those interested)

Chuck Fletcher:

"This was the pick in the draft we ummed and ahhed about most. There were five or so players we really thought about here... but we settled on a Swede. As that is what everyone should do if they are in doubt. Plus, we already took 2x over-age Dman... so why not complete the hat-trick!

Albert should probably have been drafted late last year with his skill-set. Good all-around skater, likes jumping into the rush, and is creative with the puck. Also gets his shot through well. For a smaller guy not scared of physical contact either. Has some work to do defensively even if works hard there... but the core skill-set is very much there. Might be getting ready to blow up in the Allsvenskan next year. Oh, he is a righty as well so AV will be giddy about that."

@Rebels57 you are up!

That completes the Flyers draft:

#26 overall: Noel Gunler, RW
#57 overall: William Villenueve, RHD
#119 overall: Ryan Francis, RW
#150 overall: Oscar Tellström, RW/LW
#181 overall: Adam Wilsby, LHD
#202 overall: Billy Constantinou: RHD
#212 overall: Albert Lyckåsen, RHD
I took him last year too. Quit breaking the space time continuum. Aiyah!!

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I actually did not exist in this dimension from February 2018 until July 2019.

Hence why I did not take part in the 2019 or 2018 mocks... it was already broken before this.
I was wondering why the random guys I liked based on no reason whatsoever were still there last year. No Appleyard to snipe them and provide a legitimate reason why they're a good pick.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
5 - 144 - Karel Klikorka, D, Mlada Boleslav (Czech Extraliga)
6 - 175 - Wyatt Schingoethe, F, Waterloo (USHL)
7 - 206 - Maximilian Glötzl, D, Kölner Haie (DEL)
These three picks alone make you a prime contender for the best name draft.

@Young Sandwich has Gunnarwolfe Fontaine and Ivan Ivan though. It's a close call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad