Post-Game Talk: Flyers at Rangers 11-19-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

How about a little love for Jesper Fast in this PGT? What you saw last night is what he routinely does in HFD. It's a process and he is progressing.

Now, if AV would only realize that his worst forward is Tanner Glass rather than playing musical chairs with Fast, Duclair and virtually everyone else in the bottom six...

EDIT: just saw Rust's post. :)

What we saw last night... was Fast being aggressive and thinking shoot first.

If there was a way to go back and check the only critique I had of Fast since last year... it is that he needed to have a shoot first mentality and that he'd be a hell of a depth player if he could acquire that mindset. I soured on him because he never seemed to prioritize this.

If this is a sign of things to come... my goodness.

RangerFan23

Jul 28, 2010
When are they going to fix that corner where the puck keeps shooting out into the center of the ice? It's been happening on off for years and years. Its an NHL rink, not Chelsea Piers.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
When are they going to fix that corner where the puck keeps shooting out into the center of the ice? It's been happening on off for years and years. Its an NHL rink, not Chelsea Piers.

I hope they do, but only so Doc will shut up about it every time he does an MSG game.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Aside from the part where he let a breakaway happen, I really liked Boyle's game yesterday. Made a few really good passes (that long slap pass right before the breakaway was gorgeous). I also really liked his play on the PP. Hopefully next time one of those shots goes in. I think we'll see offensive production from him soon enough.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
When McDonagh comes back, what do you guys think the PP units will be? Does McDonagh take a spot on the 1st unit? I'd think so.

Aside from the part where he let a breakaway happen, I really liked Boyle's game yesterday. Made a few really good passes (that long slap pass right before the breakaway was gorgeous). I also really liked his play on the PP. Hopefully next time one of those shots goes in. I think we'll see offensive production from him soon enough.

That was just a really good defensive play by Giroux, and Boyle got caught cheating a bit. Thankfully, that was the only bad play of the game by him, from what I remember.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011

It benefits the Rangers (in theory) 2 out of 3 times it happens, so maybe they're not in such a hurry.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The chemistry between MSL and Boyle on the PP is undeniable. They are great out there together how they move the puck so smoothly

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
When McDonagh comes back, what do you guys think the PP units will be? Does McDonagh take a spot on the 1st unit? I'd think so.

That was just a really good defensive play by Giroux, and Boyle got caught cheating a bit. Thankfully, that was the only bad play of the game by him, from what I remember.

2nd unit for Girardi.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Brassard ended the game with no points, but neither of our goals happen without him.

Hell of a season for him so far.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Play Klein on the PP, he's apparently breaking out as goal scoring D at the age of 29. :sarcasm:

Or at least he's just blasting away which is fine by me for the 2nd PP unit.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The chemistry between MSL and Boyle on the PP is undeniable. They are great out there together how they move the puck so smoothly

It's nice to watch two guys with both the talent and know-how play on the PP.

Once we get healthy (still think Boyle's hand/wrist is tender) I have a feeling the PP is going to help us win alot of games.

My 1st unit would be:

Boyle at the point, MSL at the RW half boards (where he normally is), Nash hovering on either side of the net, Stepan at the LW half boards and Kreider causing all sorts of issues in front of the goalie.

My 2nd unit would be:

McDonagh on one point, Stempniak at the other, Zuccs at the RW half boards, Brassard floating and one of Duke or Hayes. Duke to dart in and out of open areas looking to get his shot off, and Hayes to somewhat mimick what Kreider does in front with a little more finesse and less physicality.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
@frank_seravalli: Ron Hextall can be heard screaming from changing room. "That's f---ing embarrassing! Jesus f---ing Christ!" and slammed door.

Good to see Hextall was man enough to go into the locker room to discuss his Hartnell-Umberger trade with the team.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
How about a little love for Jesper Fast in this PGT? What you saw last night is what he routinely does in HFD. It's a process and he is progressing.

Now, if AV would only realize that his worst forward is Tanner Glass rather than playing musical chairs with Fast, Duclair and virtually everyone else in the bottom six...

EDIT: just saw Rust's post. :)

Yep, he had a great game. But he's ****** and should be written off!

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
I don't know if I was judging it right but it seemed like our 3rd line was being used to set up the 4th line. Hayes/Hagelin/Duclair would dump the puck into Flyers ice and after a very short shift change off with D. Moore/Glass/Fast. AV might be doing that to give the 4th benefit of starting with the puck in attacking territory or it could've just been for the sake of matchups, I couldn't tell. If it was being used for a positional tactic, it worked okay but it's kind of dumb using the talent on 3 to set up 4.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
McDonaugh should take stepan's spot on the PP and play with boyle. Stepan was about as helpful as girardi on the PP.

Also, does anyone know if the game with buffalo is even happening tomorrow?

AHB*

Yep, he had a great game. But he's ****** and should be written off!

He's a very good player. People just hate him because he's not TOFFF and won't score 30 goals a year. Fast will develop and is something this team desperately needs, bottom 6 guys, who can play, on cap friendly contracts.

Stempniak-Moore-Fast should no doubt be our 4th line.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't know if I was judging it right but it seemed like our 3rd line was being used to set up the 4th line. Hayes/Hagelin/Duclair would dump the puck into Flyers ice and after a very short shift change off with D. Moore/Glass/Fast. AV might be doing that to give the 4th benefit of starting with the puck in attacking territory or it could've just been for the sake of matchups, I couldn't tell. If it was being used for a positional tactic, it worked okay but it's kind of dumb using the talent on 3 to set up 4.

IMO AV obviously doesn't trust Hayes and Duclair all that much yet, which always feels kind of silly. At the least I feel like Hayes has shown he's pretty competent in all areas of the ice and any bumps in the road are learning experiences not him being unable to handle things.

McDonaugh should take stepan's spot on the PP and play with boyle. Stepan was about as helpful as girardi on the PP.

Also, does anyone know if the game with buffalo is even happening tomorrow?

Well, Stepan did start the play that lead to the power play goal last night...he's also a right handed shot which McDonagh isn't and I suspect probably won't be moving from the PP. I don't think he's really playing the position they'd want McDonagh to play on the power play anyways

e: and as far as I can tell no news about whether the game is on tomorrow

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If that's fast's great game watch out NHL!!!!

Id actually like to see something different for the bottom 6 hear me out

Hagelin Miller Stempniak
Glass Moore Hayes

Have hayes take boyle's spot. Similar big body guys works the boards deep well maybe recreate some of what we had on the 4th line last year. Glass replaces Dorsett/Carcillo

I believe miller deserves a real shot

Duke shouldn't be playing with a rookie center I think if he's not with Stepan or Brass he should go back

AHB*

Stepan has looked pretty good on the PP imo. He was basically the one responsible for that Nash goal last night...don't see how you could be mad with him.

Since getting Stepan and Boyle back the PP has looked very dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad