GDT: Flyers at Leafs Feb 15 7:00 pm TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
They don't know who was sent down yet. I would assume Lajoie and/or Steeves are going back down though.

And I'm not sure about Rielly and how suspensions work for roster space, but that also could explain it.
It's the only thing I can think of, because the roster was listed at 24/23 for the Blue game too and no one said anything. Either the Leafs put Jones on IR despite saying he's only day-to-day, or the Leafs got non-roster status for Rielly while his suspension is under appeal and no one said anything.

This has happened before with Tom Wilson when one of his suspensions was under appeal, but it was for more than 20 games IIRC.

Reactions: SprDaVE

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Abrusezze gotta be thinking “If I can’t crack the lineup tonight, at my age, I’m probably not getting another chance with the big club”.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Abrusezze gotta be thinking “If I can’t crack the lineup tonight, at my age, I’m probably not getting another chance with the big club”.

He's signed for next year, and a RFA after that too. He's just not taking any steps forward, and at 24, to be .72 PPG guy at the AHL level, when you are a smaller "skilled" player, that doesn't show much of a future.

At this point, he's probably hoping for a change in scenery, hoping it works out better elsewhere. He seems to be a career AHLer though.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I don't really worry as much as most about who is in or out, up or down, roster moves are to be expected. What I do care about is how those that dress, perform. Whether they were in the press box or on the bench it had to be obvious to all watching Tuesday that structure, puck management and a 200' game are far more effective than the loosie goosie chase the highlight reel approach they usually take. Stick with it boys, don't worry about personal stats/glory.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Marner and Tavares back tonight so back to the same old same old. Going to be a tough game.

horner

May 22, 2007
Marner and Tavares back tonight so back to the same old same old. Going to be a tough game.
We have shown what we can do playing the right way.
I was excited to see what the lineup last game cold do tonight.. My excitement went away with JT and Marner in the lineup.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Sheldon Keefe before Treliving renewed his contract

GGaPmArW0AAjdgb

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Imagine thinking getting back two ppg players is a bad thing. Not sure if you are serious but against Torts and Philly we need all the offense we can get. Just win , doesn't matter if the captain is a skating zombie. Better than Reaves in the lineup.
I agree on the marner part, we get better with him in the lineup, even when he's having a down year

Idk about tavares though, in a vacuum that makes sense, Tavares is totally better than Reaves, but I feel the trickle down effect it causes on the lineup hurts a bit tbh. Now you have nylander with tavares which already isn't that great, on top of that almost guaranteed last games 2nd line gets broken up to have bert with those two. Tavares at even strength just hasn't remained a good player the last 2 years, I haven't checked the stats, but I'd be surprised if he's even close to 50 even strength points a year, and when he's playing with either nylander or marner, that's just not good enough

With his usage and how much he's fed, tavares should be a 40 goal scorer year in year out

Reactions: Enniskillen and bax

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I agree on the marner part, we get better with him in the lineup, even when he's having a down year

Idk about tavares though, in a vacuum that makes sense, Tavares is totally better than Reaves, but I feel the trickle down effect it causes on the lineup hurts a bit tbh. Now you have nylander with tavares which already isn't that great, on top of that almost guaranteed last games 2nd line gets broken up to have bert with those two. Tavares at even strength just hasn't remained a good player the last 2 years, I haven't checked the stats, but I'd be surprised if he's even close to 50 even strength points a year, and when he's playing with either nylander or marner, that's just not good enough

With his usage and how much he's fed, tavares should be a 40 goal scorer year in year out
In a vacuum if we traded Tavares at the deadline for a draft pick I'd be one happy Leaf fan but for tonight we need his faceoffs and PP goals against the Flyers. We are in tight with several teams.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

horner

May 22, 2007
Keefe is an idiot

McMann has a hot hand right now put him on the 2nd line.

Bert Domi Robertson were the best line last game.

McMann on the 4th line wow

He's an idiot

If Marner ir JT have a bad giveaway bench them for a shift or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad