GDT: Flyers at Leafs Feb 15 7:00 pm TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This game and the Anaheim game on Saturday will be good opportunities for the Leafs to create space between them and Tampa and Detroit. Both of those teams have tough games tonight. Even better if Florida ultimately passes Boston as the latter is a better first round match-up for the Leafs.

Reactions: Arzak

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Hopefully Marner and nylander and even Tavares are healthy for this game because if that’s the case, win or lose it’ll be entertaining

Wins are always entertaining

A loss will start fueling a “do we need 4 guys making x amount” on this board with Marner and Tavares getting heat. That should be entertaining to see too
Win or lose, I don’t think that narrative will ever change because it’s a plausible argument.

Reactions: All Mod Cons

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
This game and the Anaheim game on Saturday will be good opportunities for the Leafs to create space between them and Tampa and Detroit. Both of those teams have tough games tonight. Even better if Florida ultimately passes Boston as the latter is a better first round match-up for the Leafs.

I agree.

Playing Boston will be pain, as there are no expectations on Boston this year. That being said, I consider Florida the worst opponent possible for the first round.

Tampa, Detroit, Philly and Canes on the other hand look very playable.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I agree.

Playing Boston will be pain, as there are no expectations on Boston this year. That being said, I consider Florida the worst opponent possible for the first round.

Tampa, Detroit, and Canes on the other hand look very playable.
Anyone is beatable, just need to show up and put the work in. Can’t have any passengers or people afraid to make contact with another human

Reactions: Arzak

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Win or lose, I don’t think that narrative will ever change because it’s a plausible argument.
What do you mean? Having 3 (soon to be 4) 11mil+ forwards is the way to go. It's such a copycat league, they'll all be doing it soon. :laugh:

Seriously though, you'll never convince those people that think it is a good idea, that it is in fact, not.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
The depth guys really stepped up last game. Left it all on the ice. Worked their little bollocks off and did the team proud.

Big guys coming back in tonight. If we lose the game, can we please not go straight back to blaming all the depth players?

Reactions: theTTC

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I agree.

I don't think any of these teams are possibility in terms of first round match ups for the Leafs. It's basically going to be Florida or Boston.

Reactions: BayStBullies

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Ottawa and Buffalo are not under performing, they are performing the way they always do?

How can you say they are under performing when one team has been shit for nearly a decade and the other is on a historic playoff drought that shows NO signs of ending anytime soon?
People were hoping they’d take a step forward this year, but they certainly have not met expectations.

I just hope we play like we last game. Blues didn't make it hard for us either but still.
If they have certain guys playing 20+ minutes it's hard for the rest of the guys to get a flow

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I agree.

The Canes an only realistic option of that group. If they make it it’s either Boston Florida Rangers or Carolina.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019

You hate to see it, he’s a responsible defensive player who also scores at a decent rate

On the other hand, this forces keefes hand, Robertson gets another game to continue proving keefe’s an idiot. In my eyes Robertson has already proved to be a top 9 forward on this team, this just gives him more chances to play as keefe won’t sit him for Steeves or something

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
How is this even possible? Leafs roster has been listed as 24/23 on both Capfriendly and Puckpedia. Did the Leafs get non-roster status for Rielly while his suspension is under appeal and no one said anything?

They don't know who was sent down yet. I would assume Lajoie and/or Steeves are going back down though.

And I'm not sure about Rielly and how suspensions work for roster space, but that also could explain it.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
it’s gonna suck when the Bert-Domi-Robertson line is broken up to put back the awful Bert-Tavares-Nylander line

Last game was the closest bert was to scoring in 2024

I’d rather sacrifice nylander to play with Tavares and holmberg to keep that line together

Reactions: Finger Licking Good

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
it’s gonna suck when the Bert-Domi-Robertson line is broken up to put back the awful Bert-Tavares-Nylander line

Last game was the closest bert was to scoring in 2024

I’d rather sacrifice nylander to play with Tavares and holmberg to keep that line together
When Jarnkrok comes back, at least it’s an option moving forward.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
These games where the lineup is in chaos really intrigue me. As long as Matthews isn't sidelined I think we take this. Flyers are one of those teams that don't get enough credit as our rival. I still remember that Roenick shot in the playoffs like it was yesterday.

Was at that damn game, got last minute standing room only tickets. I hate this play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad