GDT: Flyers at Devils 1/3 - The Mark Fraser returns edition

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
The funny thing is a lot of Devil fans didn't like him the FIRST time around because he was always so jovial seemingly not taking anything seriously and he got compared to nails-intense Madden unfavorably. I was in the minority at the time (so I felt) that I actually liked his sense of humor.

I've never really minded players joking around with the media and stuff. I understand why some players don't, but I do have a soft spot for those who show a bit more personality around the cameras. I also am a bit sarcastic, so maybe that's why I used to like Gomez and he's growing on me again.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Last year it would have been tough. If he manages to get 60 points or more maybe it's possible.

Hes got 25 points in 40 games. Not what he was last year but still a very serviceable 2nd liner on a good team. I really want Zidlicky packaged with him. Gotta find a way to get another first somehow.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Trades at the deadline for the most part are always for rentals. It shouldn't change the market value vastly for free agent forwards because he's 42 in my opinion.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
top 4 of Greene-Severson, Merrill-Larsson will happen soon enough

It's a really good thing to look forward to in the second half. Between Larsson being benched/mumped early in the year, Merrill being hurt and now Severson hurt they haven't all been in the lineup at the same time.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Trades at the deadline for the most part are always for rentals. It shouldn't change the market value vastly for free agent forwards because he's 42 in my opinion.

It does because the older age by stereotype and in most cases it's true, slows a player down come playoff time

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
It's a really good thing to look forward to in the second half. Between Larsson being benched/mumped early in the year, Merrill being hurt and now Severson hurt they haven't all been in the lineup at the same time.

Yeah, this team has stinky luck with injuries and illness. Hopefully our young defensemen can stay healthy in the second half so we can enjoy watching them.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It also depends on where the team trading for him is. If they feel he's that last piece to push them over the top, they might be willing to part with a late first rounder. Or if somebody suffers an injury and desperately needs a veteran they might pay a little more. I'm not sure how willing teams are going to be to part with a first this year though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
After that I hope we see the back of him. Ugh. What a source of aggravation he is. :rant:

Hes under contract for another year, lol.

The re signing of him might be worse than Salvador.

I'm not saying we definitely shouldn't have re signed him, just that signing him for 3 years was absolutely unnecessary.

I loved that he wanted to stay and signed before free agency, but I doubt anybody else gives him 3 years if he hit the market that year.

He should have only been re signed for one or two years max.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Zubrus doesn't really bother me that much. It's not like he's getting paid some ridiculous amount of money that's preventing us from making further moves. Does he get used too much? Probably. But the same could be said for half the roster.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
So it's 1130 and Jagr is the last player in the building. Only 4 of us remain waiting for him outside. Talk about dedication by him man... Probably still on the ice skating...

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Got Jagr's signature and picture! He didn't really seem too enthusiastic about he game. I'm assuming it's his feeling about this entire season in general...

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Got Jagr's signature and picture! He didn't really seem too enthusiastic about he game. I'm assuming it's his feeling about this entire season in general...

He said he didn't feel very good in the interview with Deb after the game. Hopefully it's just the flu or something and not yet another case of mumps.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

He said he didn't feel very good in the interview with Deb after the game. Hopefully it's just the flu or something and not yet another case of mumps.

Hopefully for liquid it's not the mumps...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad