Flyers Announce Six Finalists For Flyers Hall of Fame (10/7 upd: Holmgren and Tocchet Selected)

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
While those would not have been my choices, I suppose it can't be argued as bad choices... a builder and a player; Homer has held high positions in the organization for decades, and Tocchet has the credentials and originally played here prior to most of the other who've earned a nod... The time will most likely come for the other's too, unless during the wait other new nominees push them down--Kelly comes to mind here--We have to be patient and hope the inductions are not dragged out over long periods of years...one a year over the next few years and then evert other year would be fine. I see either Recchi, Lou and Gagne on the near horizon.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I mean I don't normally care about this but Lou getting snubbed in his final year of service, literally since day 1, one of the more recognizable voices in hockey, after getting sick and seriously ill as a complication....

Well that just ain't a good look. Just another in a long line of examples that this team can't do anything right

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I mean I don't normally care about this but Lou getting snubbed in his final year of service, literally since day 1, one of the more recognizable voices in hockey, after getting sick and seriously ill as a complication....

Well that just ain't a good look. Just another in a long line of examples that this team can't do anything right

WAIT WHAT?!? "Final year of service"? I did not know that... Please say that isn't so.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Very few are old enough to know that the reason we went out and got him from the Flames was because Messier was kicking our but I'm the face off circle when he went to the Rags and Otto was one of the very few centers in the league who could counter Mark.

Yes, I'm that old and know this team that intimately

IIRC Otto was looking at the Rangers as well as the Flyers in free agency that year. Who knows if he was playing it up but I believe he said after the fact he met with the Rangers they were pitching him on the idea of going up against Lindros for them. It was to the point he figured he rather play with Lindros opposed to against him.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
All the nominees are obviously all getting in eventually. I would have gone for Nolan too since he was here first, and longer, than Homer or Tocchet, but I wouldn't really consider it a snub. I suspect there will be a wave on inductions over the next two or three seasons.

Reactions: Sawdalite

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Nolan not getting in is a joke. How can he continue to get snubbed
I would say this is Pegulaville level embarrassing but then I remember he put RJ in the Sabres HOF and there will almost certainly be a banner raised to the KBC roof at the last game this season so Comcrap is actually beneath the Pegulas. Go back and read that again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad