Confirmed with Link: Flyers acquire Brennan Menell from Toronto for future considerations. Yes, he used to play for the Wild

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
You do realize that Menell is EXACTLY what many people have whined that they don't value, an undersized offensively skilled defenseman?
And if the cost is zero, why wouldn't you take a flier on a kid who lite up the KHL, a notoriously hard league for young players to score in.
At worst, he replaces Clendening, who I'm sure y'all will mourn when he departs this offseason.
You really buy into archetypes.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
You do realize that Menell is EXACTLY what many people have whined that they don't value, an undersized offensively skilled defenseman?
And if the cost is zero, why wouldn't you take a flier on a kid who lite up the KHL, a notoriously hard league for young players to score in.
At worst, he replaces Clendening, who I'm sure y'all will mourn when he departs this offseason.
I am 100% serious. I envy your unwavering optimism.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Kinda interesting, hasn't done much with the Marlies this year, but last year in the KHL 47g 5-33 38, PO 5g 1-6 7
Year before in AHL, 57g 5-42 47.

5'11 183 RHD,

Don't know why he struggled with the Marlies, the arrow was pointing up until this season, nagging injuries?
But he's not exactly a big stiff D-man.
At worst a replacement for Clendening next year in LHV.
Knew I could count on you to find a silver lining

Reactions: VladDrag

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Well, you see, they did have one of those, until they paid a team to take him...

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
What if the cost is the contract slot that could be used on one of our own college players or one of the top college FA. He freed up spots and has now used 2 of them on utterly useless players.....

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He was at Flyers Dev Camp one year. Really good everywhere but the NHL. Exact type of player they wouldn't pursue unless he had a Minnesota connection. That Phantoms blueline is kind of crowded now. Guess JSI ain't happening.
Exactly the player you do pursue when you're out of the playoffs.
Worst that happens is he replaces Clendening who is a UFA, with similar money.
Best is he figures out how to translate his KHL play to the NHL.

It's a zero risk move that provides a body for LHV next season.
I think St Ivany will be a decision based on whether they're bringing back Day.

But if they think Zamula (and maybe Hogberg or Wylie) will be promoted next year, and Yandle, Seeler and Connauton are UFAs, then they need a couple bodies for LHV.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What if the cost is the contract slot that could be used on one of our own college players or one of the top college FA. He freed up spots and has now used 2 of them on utterly useless players.....

They have plenty of slots left, players like McClennon will be signed to 2022-23 deals with an OTA so he can play with the Phantoms, why would they start his ELC early?

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I dont even recognized we have had already 2 classic miNNy bois before?! Did you all know this before? Pitlick and Braun was miNNy bOrN guys!!!! It explains a lot!

Who will be the next one!

miNNy connection.png

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I was actually intrigued by this guy last year after he had a pretty good season in the KHL. But he seemingly did nothing in Toronto. Might just be an AAAA at this point.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

we had one in Ghost. But oh wait. Yandle is better, right?

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Is this unironically Fletchers best trade yet?
i dont know. i get nightmares if i think about what Toronto does with Chuck when this future considerations come in play!

They never get used in the NHL. But Chuck will have no chance to accept whatever they want from him!

Reactions: Asnito

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Why didn't he do this Monday, like WTF he isn't eligible for the playoffs

Reactions: Rebels57

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
Clarkie probably told Chuck to find a way to get rid of those stupid extra draft picks

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Exactly the player you do pursue when you're out of the playoffs.
Worst that happens is he replaces Clendening who is a UFA, with similar money.
Best is he figures out how to translate his KHL play to the NHL.

It's a zero risk move that provides a body for LHV next season.
I think St Ivany will be a decision based on whether they're bringing back Day.

But if they think Zamula (and maybe Hogberg or Wylie) will be promoted next year, and Yandle, Seeler and Connauton are UFAs, then they need a couple bodies for LHV.

That Chuck Fletcher is a never-sleep kind of guy. Two days after the TDL excitement of turning a house into a red paper clip, he goes right back to work in securing potential middle-of-the-lineup Phantoms bodies. "Build from the bottom up," they always say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad