Flyers 50th Anniversary Celebration Thread (New Jersey, Alumni Game, Etc)

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Meh. The flyers celebrate something every other week. The milestone is somewhat neat, but given that the old man does ceremonies like this half a dozen times a month, Kuato doesn't care too much.

Holy Christmas. There is a name I haven't seen in forever. Finally came
out of hibernation (aka Philly.com message board)?

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
The Flyers alumni association just had an alumni game in Reading. They did a great job with it. They played Orange team vs White team, all flyers alums. They players really seemed to be having fun with it. Todd Fedoruk scored twice, and his ear to ear grin, and two minute celebration with fist pumps, sliding on one knee, riding his stick like a hobby horse, high fiving every member of his team, etc etc were fun to see. Clarke wasn't moving too well, mostly skated from center ice to a spot between the circles and back, hooking anyone that came close to him. Kimmo and Briere were obviously several steps faster than everyone else, but they took it easy most of the time. They did bench interviews during the play, so it wasn't as boring you might think watching 50 year old guys skating around. Running clock - they called icing, offside, etc but didn't stop the clock for them. One penalty was called for delay of game. I didn't grow up watching the Flyers and I really enjoyed it. Guys I talked to who did grow up with the team were really loving it.

After the game all the players and most of the fans didn't leave for about 15-20 minutes. Crowd kept clapping and chanting and the players kept skating around saluting and waving. Really great night. I'm sure the Wells Fargo version will be even better.

I talked to my dad the other day (parents live in Orwigsburg) and my mom had gotten him a ticket to this for his birthday. He had a blast and said it just looked like everyone was having a lot of fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad