Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4, Pens 1 - The Kevin Bacon Edition

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
One team played like their jobs may depend on it, and one team didn't.

+ Sid

I'd like to know who came up with the idea of the Lovejoy/Scuderi pairing on the kill. They need to be terminated immediately.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
+ Despres is playing well tonight.
+ Silfverberg is special.
+ Goal for Sid
- Refs
- A lot of everything else.

crawz87

Mar 18, 2010
Crosby doesn't score. Team doesn't score. Secondary scoring is bad. Simple.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Good thing we had that smooth skating, hard hitting, experienced, quote machine out there tonight.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
The Therrien video is done to death. For ****'s sakes it's neither funny nor clever anymore.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Positives:

The game is meaningless to us, we play the Isles no matter what. And unless pigs grow wings and start flying we lose badly no matter if we have home ice or not.

On the other hand, the Flyers ****ed themselves regarding draft position. Not that the players care about that but the fans likely do, and that feels good.

That's all I've got.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Crosby and Hornqvist were the only positives in this game.

Our defense is pathetic. Martin can't get a shot on net to save his life. Scuderi and Lovejoy have plenty of experience... with being awful. I honestly don't think Pouliot is NHL ready.

Kunitz tried for two shifts, I guess that was cool. The rest of the forwards had no or negative impact on the game.

Someone in the GDT said we needed to get Perron going. I agree. But in order to do that, he needs stability. The last few games before Hornqvist got hurt, Perron was looking pretty good. After Hornqvist went down he hasn't been on the same line for more than 5 shifts in a row. Even tonight he was moved up and down. Pick one spot for him and just leave him there.

I also think a big off-season priority should be to find a third line center. I'm so over Brandon Sutter. He's not what we need in that role.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I think it's pretty obvious that Malkin is far and away this team's MVP.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
It's funny cuz the Pens offense should be playing much like the Flyers do. Shots galore with bodies to the net. Flyers scored 3 that way tonight. Instead, you have Sutter, Comeau, Kunitz, and the list goes on just trying to play keep away on the boards. You're NOT that talented guys.

Penguinzilla*

+ Flyers winning = less change of winning lottery. That is literally all that matters

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I don´t care anymore. It´s pretty clear that our level is gonna stay terrible in the regular season. If it stays terrible in the playoffs, too, then I will be furious.. I think it will stay like this in the playoffs too, but I will wait for it to happen. Flyers can have these two points, I couldn´t care less (if anything, it hurts their tank). As for the Penguins, I want them to play the Habs and there´s still a chance.

Also, when was the last time the Penguins scored without Crosby on the ice? 5 games ago? Against Arizona, he was on the ice for all 3 goals, against SJ, for both goals, he scored the only goal tonight... well maybe one of those 2 goals at Carolina was scored without Crosby on the ice. Great secondary scoring it is.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Booooooooooooo!

Always nice when our defenders are as poor defensively as they are offensively. And man are they bad offensively, every time the puck goes back to the D they either turn it over or completely fan on the shot. Although they do occasionally get a shot off, but it never hits the net.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You know what, it's NOT fair, but the Pens just need to shut their ***** mouths already. They just need man up and to play though it.

In the GDT, I said that it seems to me like Malkin's been getting a lot of latitude from the refs, and, you know what, I'm right.

Remember that Florida game, where they called him for two dives and it was clear they were targeting him. I've noticed a big drop in his on ice complain level since that game.

Clutch, grab, hack, whack, whatever, he's been playing through it. And, it's not like he's been playing clean himself. He's done **** 10X worse than the stuff you saw called in tonight's game.

The Pens have played 33 games since that one in which the refs tried to make an example of the Pens. Malkin turned the other cheek and has turned it since where the refs are concerned.

And, guess what? In those 33 games, he's taken 3 minor penalties (his last minor penalty was 18 games ago, and I assure you it's not because of his lady byng playing style).

Think about all of the ornery games the Pens have been in. Think about all the **** Malkin has been in the middle of in just the last Washington game. Think about all the **** the refs COULD have called against him. Instead of looking for the refs to fight his battles for him, he's played the hand that was dealt him and picked his spots.

And, guess what? The refs have rewarded him for, in their eyes, manning up by letting him get away with the same **** most of the league gets away with.

Is it fair? No, it's not. But, it's the way it is, and the Pens are ****** where the refs are concerned until they realize that.

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
+No major injuries as far as we know from this game.
-He's looked great this year but Fleury looked shaky to me in this game.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I sort of hope Sid blows the Ross race. This season doesn't warrant any feelgood moments. The whole freakin' year just sucks balls.

cheebatree

May 28, 2009
Altoona Pa
How much longer till football season? This season started out so well, then it slowly unraveled to this point. Disappointing, I don't even want to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad