Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4, Penguins 2 - Letang Giveth Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It’s easier to look at Letang then realize Crosby was playing like **** with wild passes all night, our PP broke the games back on the laziest pass ever by Kessel, and the Pens basically reverted back to the perimeter hockey of the Bylsma era.

This game is on Phil.

What do other issues have to do with Letang being one of the biggest?

Reactions: NewAgeOutlaw

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Unfathomable how bad they were today. No urgency at all, did they want to finish it off tonight or not?

Reactions: Angrrus

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Both of those Flyers' goals came from players bracing for hits and letting the puck go by instead of taking the hit to make the play: Malkin at the Flyers' blueline for the 3rd goal and Letang at ours for the 4th.

Flyers skated hard and played hard all night and it payed off in the end, despite being outmatched. I remember Byslma used to call that style of play "investing".

It is what it is. Momentum belongs to Philly. I don't doubt there will be a game 7.

Reactions: Uemoda

Bnat66

May 10, 2017
New Jersey
lt.jpg
lt2.jpg

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Just when you think the team has it figured out, this stinky egg. And before you say can't win em all, well no but the Jets are putting the wood to the Wild and about to move on.

stouves

Dec 19, 2015
I have said it before and i will say it again.

We are better without Letang. We are paying 7.25m for a guy that gives away more games than he wins. I have no idea how a d-man with his skating can be this bad.

PP being awful doesn't help either.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Seems when ever we lose the special teams battle, it's a loss.
Been that way all season.
Short handed goal against was the back breaker.
Credit goes to Neuvirth as well.
Exact type of goalie you need a Horny in the lineup for...

Knew this would end up 4-2 but didn't know which way.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
It’s easier to look at Letang then realize Crosby was playing like **** with wild passes all night, our PP broke the games back on the laziest pass ever by Kessel, and the Pens basically reverted back to the perimeter hockey of the Bylsma era.
Crosby was fine. Letang was absolute trash all game. If you ever get past your obvious-to-all-but-you mancrush, you'll see that Kris Letang isn't all you crack him up to be.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

This game is on Phil.

This is ridiculous. I don't get why you can't accept any criticism of Letang. Just because somebody says Letang had a bad game does not mean they are saying that he was the only one.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kessel sucked ass.

I think you're being a bit unfair to 'sucking ass' to compare it to Kessel.

EDIT: Compare Phil, who I will grant you is banged up, to a Horny or even a Geno when those guys are banged up. Those guys don't care. They gut it out. They skate. They battle for everything. Phil right now . . . ****, he may have shown more heart in the preseason.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Hope Hornquist plays on Sunday. This was a embarrassing loss for the pens. Flat start again for the pens. Kessel bad turnover on the 2nd goal, and Letang WTF on that last goal. This series should be over for the pens, but no now it's a game #6 on Sunday.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Dumo has been really good, but that's the 3rd goal that he has either screened or redirected.
It was going 5 feet wide. I have no idea what Dumo was trying to do.

And if you're a defensive Dman who it responsible for 3 goals on failed blocks, maybe you aren't having such a great series.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I think we crush them in Philly, they shot their wad and they're walking wounded as it is. I just wish we could have played a game as mature as we did in game 4 and closed them out to give us time to heal. The Pittsburgh crowd never gets to celebrate anything in the playoffs.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Philly didn’t play that well either but we had our chances to win.

That's kind of what bothers me about tonight the most. Philly didn't even play that well.

It might be less of a sour pill if Philly was outstanding, but they weren't. The Pens just shot themselves in the foot over and over.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
--- to whoever "scouted" Neuvirth for the Penguins. Shoot "High". I think the Penguins thought that meant shoot while high. (4:20).

Malkin's effort near the end was the final dagger. Instead of chipping a puck, he does what Malkin do... and jumped in the air to hit someone. Flyers took the puck down the ice and scored. Hat tip to Guentzel for making similar boneheaded plays near the end of the game that almost resulted in a goal against. I told my wife it had to be Rust or bust.. because no one else on the team cared about winning this one tonight. And Rust just about got it too. Shame.

I really hope the Simon experiment is finished. Guys a potato. Hope Horny is back for game six or give the spot to Rust.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
My god, people. I honestly think some of you actually hate this team. Just take a deep breath and step back from the ledge.

It sucks, yeah. But it's rarely easy in the NHL playoffs. Would it really kill some of you to just look at this logically and realize that the flyers were third in the division for a reason? They did win some games. A lot, actually.

Frustrating yes, but see what it actually is.

Reactions: Aerrol and Uemoda

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
As good as they are on home ice in the regular season..its the opposite in playoffs. Playing on road forces them to play 100%. And they usually win. They go home and get too relaxed..sloppy play.

One thing i dont like is usually when Rust scores like that..then guentzel..we close out the series. This may go 7. Not gonna be easy. Murray has to step up again..only lost twice in a row once..never 3 in a row. Dont make this year the first time

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Aside from the PP, i continue to be amazed at how often they aren't ready to go at the beginning of the game. Opponents always seem to have the audacity to think they have a chance to win the game.

Get your heads out of you asses and be ready at puck drop.

Reactions: Angrrus and BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad