Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4, Penguins 2 - Letang Giveth Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Anyone that's watched them all season cannot be surprised how the end of that game turned out. Now a Game 6 with all the pressure on the Penguins to keep this from going to 7 games.

Reactions: Angrrus and KIRK

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
-Do they sell 48 hour energy drinks? Kessel looks like he is dying. A 5 hour or two 5 hours simply wont be enough next game for Kessel.

seabs926

Jun 14, 2009
Dumo has been really good, but that's the 3rd goal that he has either screened or redirected.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Not easy scoring goals when elliot is not giving them away I guess. Someone needs to tell geno and Kessel to get their head out of their ass..

Reactions: Angrrus

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
------------ Letang, ZAR, Kessel

The passes were awful and urgency just weren't there.

Onto the next one.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Hope Geno is not any worse for wear next game. Hope Kessel can muster a better game out of his broken body. Hope we decide to keep it simple and shoot the puck when given an opportunity. Hope Letang is not on this team after the NHL draft.

End it in Philly. Horrible effort tonight. Players should be embarrassed, as should the coaches for their squad being so unprepared to play.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You may want to sit this one out, because every hot take that rakes Letang over the hot coals is 100% money.

It’s easier to look at Letang then realize Crosby was playing like shit with wild passes all night, our PP broke the games back on the laziest pass ever by Kessel, and the Pens basically reverted back to the perimeter hockey of the Bylsma era.

This game is on Phil.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Needed this game tonight....completely blew an opportunity to rest up for the second round. A lot of injured guys, and who knows what Malkin's knee is going to be like tomorrow...

Not pleased with much of the effort. Letang was god awful. On the ice for all 4 Flyers goals....

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Prayers for Malkin people!

Joke aside, that 4 on 3 galled me.

Geno was hobbled.

Phil refused to make any effort.

Sid got no support when he had the puck and gave none when he didn't.

Schultz refused to shoot.

It is so easy to defend a 4 on 3 in a scenario like that, where nobody moves and nobody provides support.

EDIT: One other thing . . . I have NO idea why Big Game Brass is being as underutilized as he is on the PP. Actually, I do . . . he moves his feet, he provides puck support, and there's no room for a guy like that on the top PP.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Philly didn’t play that well either but we had our chances to win.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I trust this team and they'll have another chance in Game 6. Letang/Kessel owe this team. They played f***ing horrendous hockey. Together they were on the stat line for having 7 giveaways. So if the stat keeper is giving them 7, it was probably closer to 10.

81 + 58 = -5/7 giveaways/2 shots/ 0 points/ 57 minutes of ice time.

Reactions: zero8771 and BHD

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
PP
Phil
Murray

All were terrible.

Only bright spot of the game was that it looked like the Pens actually had a 3rd line tonight.

Brass line was good.

fate

Apr 15, 2007
First half season defense tonight, not good enough. Mentally not there tonight

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Not really. Now, if they lose the next game, then yes. However, you're assuming the worst, per usual.
I was pretty upbeat actually until this loss. But because the playoffs are a war of attrition as much as anything, this is a big loss indeed. The road only becomes more difficult. We could have used some rest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad