Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4, Jets 3 OT (Read mod warning in OP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Dashing to Jets boards
Looking for some fights
I think I'll pick on Buff
He blew my Cap' away!

Truth is our team sucks
No defence or depth
But everytime we win a game
I'll waste my ****ing breath

Oh! Jingle Bells, Flyers smell, but Pavelec laid an egg
A few quick steals, got them on their heels, they gave the points away
Hey!

I've never been prouder to be a member of this board.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I used to like that over winning too

I keep telling you, the Flyers lose that game in regulation if the Jets start Hutchinson. I know you guys are looking for positives this season, but a win against the Jets missing their top 2 defensive pairings and with Pavelec in net is nothing to get too excited about.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Dashing to Jets boards
Looking for some fights
He blew my Cap' away!

Truth is our team sucks
No defence or depth

Oh! Jingle Bells, Flyers smell, but Pavelec laid an egg
A few quick steals, got them on their heels, they gave the points away
Hey!

Flyers, the ringette players,
Was a sorry hockey team
That didn't want no meanies
Maybe tearing their nice seam!
The Flyers were always prancing
Avoiding hits at every turn
Not very good at hockey
Maybe one day they will learn?

But one scary hockey game
Bettman to them said
"You're a shame to our sport!
What happened to the tougher bred?"

Unfortunately for us other fans
Who likes hockey to be rough
The Flyers just don't do it
Don't want players to be tough!

Can't you just feel the music in the air?:D

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
You're on our board.
You may have noticed that I am the OFFICIAL Team Jester.
Its a role I take very seriously.
I will poke fun at your ridiculous claims. I will mock you for your unsupported statements.
I will do so with honour and pride, as it is my sworn duty as Team Jester to make you feel foolish.
If you do not like, or cannot take the thrash of my jesting, I would advice you to move along.
But I am a hacksaw of childish barbs, and currently you're the waterlogged lumber I'm directed at.

And if anything is embarrasing, its you.

this was beautiful

bkCXNcu.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Maurice is very good with the press. Says whatever the F he wants to suit his narrative. Never throws anyone under the bus. Even when someone completely craps the bed, he will single that moment out as one that everyone will have once in a while and then talk about the good attributes that person brings. He has been caught in outright lies over time, like when he said that they hated playing against Pav because he was so good against them, and then someone on this board was smart enough to fact check his statement and showed how badly Pav sucked against Maurice teams. 100% opposite of what he said. He says what he does to achieve his objective, whatever his objective may be. He is very smart. That's one of the reasons that I have such high expectations of this franchise now. Maurice is really the one running the show, including trades IMHO.

Maurice knows exactly what is going on with these two keepers. He knows that Pav is Pav and it ain't gonna change. He knows that they are trying to move over to Hutch as a matter of good business sense and survival of playoff hopes (which is also good business sense). He wants to win. He is being careful how he manages the transition, and the Jets have no backup plan if they fumble the handoff so he is trying to do it in a controlled manner. Don't put too much stress on Hutch as he takes more and more workload, try to keep Pav thinking he is still a good keeper in case the Hutch thing doesn't work out (although that is looking less and less likely - that it WON'T workout).

Don't worry about what Maurice says in the pressers. That's just a show - entertainment basically.

Agree. I have noted several times here that PMo is always positive. He says what he thinks people need to hear.

I don't agree that he is running things to that extent. I believe it is Chevy's style to consult others in the organization before he acts. It is only natural to consult his coach on roster issues. It is pretty obvious that PMo wanted Harrison so Chevy got Harrison. Although there is always that thing were we can't necessarily believe what PMo says I think it was true in this case.

Yes, I know about taking what he says too seriously but it gets aggravating to hear sometimes. Sometimes I think he should take the advice that "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". There was no need for him to keep repeating that obvious falsehood.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That actually stings, but only because clearly you went back like 6 pages or something to make that joke!

Makes sense that Pavelecs resurgence coincided with my absence from the board...
During that time there was very little Pavs bashing...

Yeah, Ive been wading through this thread off and on all day trying to catch up. :) It seemed like a good response when I made it. Then I noticed all the rest of the conversation. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Dashing to Jets boards
Looking for some fights
He blew my Cap' away!

Truth is our team sucks
No defence or depth