Post-Game Talk: Flyers 4, Jets 3 OT (Read mod warning in OP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Those of us that watch Buff all the time realize that he's a much bigger positive than negative, including on defense. Pretty much every team in the league would want him, which is why he's in the rumour mill so often. That list almost certainly includes the Flyers. It's also because he's a UFA in a little over a year so Jets fans naturally would prefer to get a big return on him to losing him as a free agent if the Jets are unable to re-sign him.

I am willing to bet that when he leaves or is traded or is out with the rest of your D beig healthy you will notice less headaches and better play.

Flyers fans way over valued coburn. It's not until he missed games that we saw how bad he is.

Not saying buff is horrible as he brings a lot of good things. Just saying he is not worth having around in the end.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I am willing to bet that when he leaves or is traded or is out with the rest of your D beig healthy you will notice less headaches and better play.

Flyers fans way over valued coburn. It's not until he missed games that we saw how bad he is.

Not saying buff is horrible as he brings a lot of good things. Just saying he is not worth having around in the end.

The issue is that its such an uninformed opinion.
I wouldn't want Giroux, he lacks character. He whines about the Olympic team and sexual assaults police officers.

See what only looking at tidbits can do?

Whileee

May 29, 2010

...then you haven't been paying attention to the Jets since their top-4 D have been injured. They've only lost 1 game in regulation, and Buff has been holding together a D with a bunch of rookies and bottom end players.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Exactly this, I don't understand how it isn't crystal clear at this point. PAVS MAKES OUR DEFENSE LOOK BAD, not vice versa. Hutch has now proven this and its tough to argue his sample size and quality of opponent.

I've said this way too many times, but Pavs (an average to below average goalie) lets in one bad goal per game and saves the others. This is basically statistically guaranteed at this point. Hutch (a great goalie) saves all the ones he should + STEALS one goal per game. Thats a two goal differential per game between these goalies. Its no surprise Pav is doomed to let in 4 goals while Hutch has been locked at 2 and under.

Pav makes our defense look like ****, when are fans finally going to voice this its unacceptable that he's still starting games. WE HAVE THE BEST GOALIE IN THE LEAGUE BACKING HIM UP

Heard a snippet of Maurice today. I'm not sure whether he said it before yesterday's game or after. If I had to guess I'd say before. He said something like; 'Hutch was playing well so earned more starts. We started alternating because there was always a good start from the other guys last game'. He is still insisting that Pav has been playing well during this alternating of starts. In Pav's last 9 starts there are 3 clearly good games and 6 clearly bad games. WTF Paul! In that same time all but 1 of hutch's starts have been at least excellent if not outstanding. The one exception was the one where he mishandled the puck and gave up a freebie. 1 mistake, ONE. And had another goal scored that should have been disallowed.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

There is a sliver of truth in what you are saying, but IMO, it's also a little colored with what I think is a little bias in regards to Buff, and not watching enough of him.

Buff has put the Jets D, and pretty much the team on his back since our D men started dropping like flies.

If you see a post a few pages back, Maurice says Buff's pinch on the 1st goal isn't his fault as a Jets forward is supposed to cover. We've been seeing the forwards cover that play all season. You take that "gaff" away and what's left? Him rag-dolling Flyers forwards all night and obviously getting in everyone's kitchen? Starting breakouts with ease? Scoring? The guy played 27 minutes and on the OT goal while he could have stopped on the puck, if it doesn't hop over his stick he's off to the races. He probably does stop on it if it's 5 on 5. His partner also could have gone to the right side of the net. The pendulum on Buff last night is FAR on the good side.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
...then you haven't been paying attention to the Jets since their top-4 D have been injured. They've only lost 1 game in regulation, and Buff has been holding together a D with a bunch of rookies and bottom end players.

Haha there is no way I have time to care about the jets that much. I'm glad he has held things together. You guys just may nj devil your way to the playoffs with ot losses. A lot of players would distinguish themselves when you have a drop in talent like that.

The flyers also have a pretty good record recently when not losing in regulation is looked at. Anyway this has gone way further than I cared about.

seasontixholder*

The horse is dead and minced now. Can we start the pre game thread for the Hawks now?

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Haha there is no way I have time to care about the jets that much. I'm glad he has held things together. You guys just may nj devil your way to the playoffs with ot losses. A lot of players would distinguish themselves when you have a drop in talent like that.

The flyers also have a pretty good record recently when not losing in regulation is looked at. Anyway this has gone way further than I cared about.

Good, next time better to stay out of another team's thread. Good luck Flyers as it would be nice if you won against a few of our western rivals but sadly I predict you're going to **** the bed and probably end up getting your tough guy coach fired as you crash your way out of the playoff runnings

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Good, next time better to stay out of another team's thread. Good luck Flyers as it would be nice if you won against a few of our western rivals but sadly I predict your going to **** the bed and probably end up getting your tough guy coach fired as you crash your way out of the playoff runnings

That's what you get for drafting Couturier and not trading up to get Scheifele. :naughty: :sarcasm:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He's losing the argument so he is now waffling, but like the rest of the Flyers fans he can always pull out the "Buff is Fat" argument, because that's always a good one to use when you don't have anything else to go on

Don't know why I try... It's not waffling it's further elucidating. Don't know why I try having a conversation here. I like to talk with other teams fans. It goes well as a discussion. You guys are little bitter maybe from all the losing.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Don't know why I try... It's not waffling it's further elucidating. Don't know why I try having a conversation here. I like to talk with other teams fans. It goes well as a discussion. You guys are little bitter maybe from all the losing.

Please consult standings.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Good, next time better to stay out of another team's thread. Good luck Flyers as it would be nice if you won against a few of our western rivals but sadly I predict you're going to **** the bed and probably end up getting your tough guy coach fired as you crash your way out of the playoff runnings

We have a decent record against them actually

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Heard a snippet of Maurice today. I'm not sure whether he said it before yesterday's game or after. If I had to guess I'd say before. He said something like; 'Hutch was playing well so earned more starts. We started alternating because there was always a good start from the other guys last game'. He is still insisting that Pav has been playing well during this alternating of starts. In Pav's last 9 starts there are 3 clearly good games and 6 clearly bad games. WTF Paul! In that same time all but 1 of hutch's starts have been at least excellent if not outstanding. The one exception was the one where he mishandled the puck and gave up a freebie. 1 mistake, ONE. And had another goal scored that should have been disallowed.

Maurice is very good with the press. Says whatever the F he wants to suit his narrative. Never throws anyone under the bus. Even when someone completely craps the bed, he will single that moment out as one that everyone will have once in a while and then talk about the good attributes that person brings. He has been caught in outright lies over time, like when he said that they hated playing against Pav because he was so good against them, and then someone on this board was smart enough to fact check his statement and showed how badly Pav sucked against Maurice teams. 100% opposite of what he said. He says what he does to achieve his objective, whatever his objective may be. He is very smart. That's one of the reasons that I have such high expectations of this franchise now. Maurice is really the one running the show, including trades IMHO.

Maurice knows exactly what is going on with these two keepers. He knows that Pav is Pav and it ain't gonna change. He knows that they are trying to move over to Hutch as a matter of good business sense and survival of playoff hopes (which is also good business sense). He wants to win. He is being careful how he manages the transition, and the Jets have no backup plan if they fumble the handoff so he is trying to do it in a controlled manner. Don't put too much stress on Hutch as he takes more and more workload, try to keep Pav thinking he is still a good keeper in case the Hutch thing doesn't work out (although that is looking less and less likely - that it WON'T workout).

Don't worry about what Maurice says in the pressers. That's just a show - entertainment basically.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
There is a sliver of truth in what you are saying, but IMO, it's also a little colored with what I think is a little bias in regards to Buff, and not watching enough of him.

Buff has put the Jets D, and pretty much the team on his back since our D men started dropping like flies.

If you see a post a few pages back, Maurice says Buff's pinch on the 1st goal isn't his fault as a Jets forward is supposed to cover. We've been seeing the forwards cover that play all season. You take that "gaff" away and what's left? Him rag-dolling Flyers forwards all night and obviously getting in everyone's kitchen? Starting breakouts with ease? Scoring? The guy played 27 minutes and on the OT goal while he could have stopped on the puck, if it doesn't hop over his stick he's off to the races. He probably does stop on it if it's 5 on 5. His partner also could have gone to the right side of the net. The pendulum on Buff last night is FAR on the good side.

Absolutely I don't watch a lot of him. That's why I chose to discuss here and not with other flyer fans who don't watxh enough. From what I have seen I have formed an opion. Nothing wrong with that

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

Yeah that's not really what you're trying to do so cut the BS. Your whole board is mad at Buff so you just come here to stir the pot, now kindly take off eh

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Please.

You came in here guns ablazing. Quite frankly, I think you got a nicer, more civil response than your completely uneducated comments deserved. If you're going to come onto the Jets forum and make claims about Buff being a net negative player, you need to do a better job of backing that claim up.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah that's not really what you're trying to do so cut the BS. Your whole board is mad at Buff so you just come here to stir the pot, now kindly take off eh

Honestly how can you not be pissed at buff after that game...but I really wasn't trying to do anything like that. Look at my posts. I'm really not angry

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

They've already been locked out of the playoff running.
At this point they aren't even on the property of the door they need to knock on to ask if they can come in.
The Oilers and them can stare longingly at the house from the street trying to get warmth from their matchsticks.

inspirational-christmas-stories-the-little-match-girl-4.jpg

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Please.

You came in here guns ablazing. Quite frankly, I think you got a nicer, more civil response than your completely uneducated comments deserved. If you're going to come onto the Jets forum and make claims about Buff being a net negative player, you need to do a better job of backing that claim up.

How about this to end it. I will track the jets more closely for the second half. See how buff does. See how the jets do. Afterwards we can have another discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce