Flyers' 2017-18 roster discussion, part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He could get another GM job and there's not a spot for him with us, so I imagine it was just a polite answer to a question.

Numpty Reporter: "Ron, any interest in bringing Dean Lombardi on board?"
Hexy: "It's certainly something we would be interested in if he was interested in joining our project in some capacity."

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
cant fault him for Voynov. not his fault he ended up being a POS. He let him go when the **** hit the fan. I agree on Richards tho, his loyalty clouded his judgement. he made a mistake.

Not what I am talking about. It's about how he handled the situations afterwards. I'm talking about hypocrisy of being selective about off the ice issues when a player is good or not. He kept Voynov on the roster & even had him practicing which was against the rules. But he was quick to ditch Richards when he got in trouble. One guy was a good player & the other was a bad player with a bad contract despite one beating his wife & the other being caught with pain pills. It wasn't a good look for Lombardi.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Not what I am talking about. It's about how he handled the situations afterwards. I'm talking about hypocrisy of being selective about off the ice issues when a player is good or not. He kept Voynov on the roster & even had him practicing which was against the rules. But he was quick to ditch Richards when he got in trouble. One guy was a good player & the other was a bad player with a bad contract despite one beating his wife & the other being caught with pain pills. It wasn't a good look for Lombardi.

He strikes me as someone who is the textbook definition of "Loyal to a fault."
Savvy in a lot of ways, but very likely not ruthless enough when he needs to be.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
the Kings didnt trade for Rinaldo.
I am not going to worry about it. Hextall is the GM. What role will he have anyway? I wont lose any sleep over it.
I'd take Rinaldo over Lecavalier :laugh:

Hextall would still be the decision maker, I suspect Lombardi would merely be a sort of an advisor.

Hope not. Based on his actions, his advice would be worthless.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011

Interesting with Gostisbehere unsigned. Not really worried about it but something to consider I suppose

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
that is too far man. come on.

At least Rinaldo can skate, hit, and fight. That's three more things than Lecavalier is able to do. He is 100% useless in every single aspect of hockey, every ounce of skill he once had left him.

Rinaldo is trash too, I don't want him anywhere near this team obviously. This is more a statement about how low my opinion of Lecavalier is than me thinking Rinaldo is a real hockey player.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Regarding second powerplay unit:
Couts played 118 minutes on powerplay and had 6 shots, Filppula had 8 in 142 minutes. I would be wary of having them both play on same unit.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
one day the Flyers will have 2 really good PP units and they will click at 28 percent.
then on days they go 0-5 folks will say the 2nd unit sucks and I would so so and so.
Dont think I have ever seen a time when the fans did not complain about the 2nd unit. or the PP in general
i am not saying the 2nd unit is good now. Just saying we will always ***** about the PP

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

Interesting with Gostisbehere unsigned. Not really worried about it but something to consider I suppose

Something has to be a little off here. Flyers have to be able to match this. Otherwise he could be signed right out from under them?

I get no compensation, but I can't see them being able to throw 50MM and be like "screw you"

The Flyers are protecting Ghost too, so again, something seems weird here, like they can sign him before we submit our protected list?

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
one day the Flyers will have 2 really good PP units and they will click at 28 percent.
then on days they go 0-5 folks will say the 2nd unit sucks and I would so so and so.
Dont think I have ever seen a time when the fans did not complain about the 2nd unit. or the PP in general
i am not saying the 2nd unit is good now. Just saying we will always ***** about the PP

Yeah because complaining about a 2nd unit that has played like trash is such a ridiculous thing to do. Give it a break man we get it.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Regarding second powerplay unit:
Couts played 118 minutes on powerplay and had 6 shots, Filppula had 8 in 142 minutes. I would be wary of having them both play on same unit.

Couts role has changed from a side wall guy to net front presence/cycler, which suits his skillset. He looked good there esp when we upgraded the 2nd unit with flipp and weal. However with Lindblom and 2OV joining the team, Couts may be off 2nd unit.

Simmonds
Giroux-Schenn-Voracek
Ghost

2 unit:
Lindblom
2OV-TK-Flipp
Provy

Hagg would prob be the alternative to Provy if we limit Provy min. If Weal if resigned, we should prob be the fill in guy

I can see TK and Lindblom being the net presence guys and switching high and low. Lindblom is very good at tipping pucks and has good hands in close. That opens Couts for being first centre off after the PP, which will be against the teams best line. To many times last year PEB-VDV gave up momentum after a solid PP.

Once Sanheim is on the team, I'd love to take Voracek off the first unit and give that role to Ghost, with Provy being QB. Then go Lindblom, 2OV-TK-Voracek with Sanheim as QB for the 2nd unit

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
been on this board for quite awhile. its the one thing that has been a constant/ that is all I am saying.

The 2nd unit hasn't looked good for a while. I can't remember what it looked like when Pronger and Timonen were still here but it would probably have to go back to then for a good #2 unit. Regardless if they were scoring goals or not their overall play the past few years has just been garbage.

I don't get your shtick. This team didn't make the playoffs two years ago, barely made it last year, and missed it this year. There is a lot to gripe about when it comes to Hakstol, this teams makeup, and some of the players usage. I don't accept mediocrity as success and neither should any fan of this team.

If this team was like the blackhawks and won the cup 3 times in the past 7-8 years I would get it but this team sucks.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Couts role has changed from a side wall guy to net front presence/cycler, which suits his skillset. He looked good there esp when we upgraded the 2nd unit with flipp and weal. However with Lindblom and 2OV joining the team, Couts may be off 2nd unit.

Simmonds
Giroux-Schenn-Voracek
Ghost

2 unit:
Lindblom
2OV-TK-Flipp
Provy

Hagg would prob be the alternative to Provy if we limit Provy min. If Weal if resigned, we should prob be the fill in guy

I can see TK and Lindblom being the net presence guys and switching high and low. Lindblom is very good at tipping pucks and has good hands in close. That opens Couts for being first centre off after the PP, which will be against the teams best line. To many times last year PEB-VDV gave up momentum after a solid PP.

Once Sanheim is on the team, I'd love to take Voracek off the first unit and give that role to Ghost, with Provy being QB. Then go Lindblom, 2OV-TK-Voracek with Sanheim as QB for the 2nd unit
Hagg couldn't even get on the Phantoms powerplay. He is not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad