Post-Game Talk: Flyers 2 Canucks 1 (Quin Hughes)

Joe Rogan

Jun 21, 2019
football-simpsons.gif

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
this post is nice so i'll make it twice.

the defence is playing ok and the defensive play is good enough. halak was bad on those goals but he only let in two.

i get that this is an adjustment to the forwards actually playing defence as well as offence, but it is still weak sauce

the forwards are presently not strong enough to initiate a push in their own building or bear down on the powerplay. all they can do is keep playing until it kind of happens naturally or there is a broken play to jump on. when it does happen they are doing all kinds of goofy no confidence stuff. boeser in the third shooting with no advantage instead of making that tap in pass or at least changing the angle would be an example.

green has mixed and matched i think pretty well. he just has no dangerous lines to work with. the fourth line is almost ok and could be an energy line without chiasson. the rest is ass.

most of the top six are playing like ass, by which i mean horvat and boeser are a little off, and petey and miller need to be benched, and petey may need an intervention. horvat is playing well in fits and spurts. boeser is trying hard but not able to play physically at all for some reason but i think he will get rewarded. garland was great but now two invisible games. pearson is grinding it out being pearson. hoglander has been dragged down a bit by the other guys.

playing chiasson is admitting you don't have a full nhl forward lineup. there is a piece of his hockey missing.

sucks to be podz right now. i actually think he needs sheltering from his own team more than the opposition.

brutal home stand.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
we have put 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, and 2 4ths on the credit card these past 3 seasons. This team needs to be much better.

Think the coaches on the bench lack experience for where this team needs to be. If Green remains then there needs to be more experience amongst the assistants.

Reactions: Indiana

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I mean, this is what you get when you stick with incompetent people. This is a rudderless ship.

Not much point in even evaluating player performances because the only story here really is the coaching.

- Lammikko 14:46. Bailey 11:32. Garland 10:37. While chasing the game all night.
- Lammikko out on a late 4-on-4 when we're a goal behind.
- Chiasson still on PP1 over Boeser.
- Podkolzin benched again.
- Rathbone makes 1 mistake and is a healthy scratch to dress Brad Hunt.
- team comes out flat and is badly outplayed for the first half of the game for the 8th straight time.
- zero ability to generate anything 5-on-5.

What a mess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad