Value of: Flyers #14 & 19 to trade up

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
We don't really trade firsts any more. We do so well out of the mid-late picks that it doesn't make sense unless we can sneak into the top 5 somehow.

Reactions: pmwlker

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Flyers are loaded with prospects at all positions. Let’s assume flyers want to trade picks 14&19 to get into top 10.

1. How high could they trade up using those two picks?

2. What teams might be willing to trade?

3. Is trading up even worth it given the depth of the 2018 draft?

1. Up to 13th OA.
2. I don't know.
3. Yeah.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Flyers are loaded with prospects at all positions. Let’s assume flyers want to trade picks 14&19 to get into top 10.

What else does PHI's roster need right now?

Would pick 11 and a cost-effective lower line player be of interest?

That depends namely on if PHI wants a center like Veleno, Hayton or Kotkaniemi?

Which theoretically should be of interest.

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

3. Is trading up even worth it given the depth of the 2018 draft?[/QUOTE]

Which theoretically should be of interest.[/QUOTE]

Phillys only real need is high end wingers - prospects or young players. Every other position is covered. Trading anywhere but outside the top 3 makes no sense unless Hextall has a firm belief that someone else in that range can become that player.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Which theoretically should be of interest.

Couturier, Patrick, Giroux too if they want, Laughton, Frost, Vorobyev, Laczynski, Rubstov, Bunnaman

To me, the Flyers don't "need" to move up to grab a C. In no way do I trade away both 1st to move up. I grab the best forward and best dman with the 2 picks if things fall right. Just take the 2 BPA and file them away to help in a few years if things go well.

CaptBagel

May 2, 2018
If Bouchard and Dobson are gone at 9 the Rangers should trade down for those flyer picks
We could get Kaut and Lundestrom then with our later picks get a couple RDs like Nils Lundqvist and Woo

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I don’t think we need to move up. (Unless it’s to top 3 or so)

We have a deep pool, I think we could use a young player who hasn’t yet broke out or hasn’t had consistency.

Soon enough if we keep having a plethora of picks, we aren’t going to have anywhere for them to play.

Either stay the course, or try a swing a trade for a young player or something to that effect.

Reactions: duffy9748

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
I would be interested in #3 overall from Montreal, but the cost seems prohibitive.

I wonder if Patrick straight up for the 3OA could work. Philly might not want to do it, but kinda makes sense for Montreal, if they were even open to trading the pick.

Anyway, it's what I would suggest in response if Philly asked about the 3OA. If it had to be a quantity deal from Philly's perspective, then I would act like a robber and demand a package that would make Hextall hang up angrily.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I wonder if Patrick straight up for the 3OA could work. Philly might not want to do it, but kinda makes sense for Montreal, if they were even open to trading the pick.

Anyway, it's what I would suggest in response if Philly asked about the 3OA. If it had to be a quantity deal from Philly's perspective, then I would act like a robber and demand a package that would make Hextall hang up angrily.

We will keep Patrick.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Ottawa 4th and Detroit 6th are two teams that in my opinion need quantity of prospects. Unfortunately they also need high quality. But they may be the more realistic targets.

14 + 19 is not enough for 4 or 6. Also not sure a 2nd rd pick added does it. May need to float in someone like Morin who was 11th in 2014.

I also think anything after 7th or 8th is pointless. After that you are probably looking at 14 + a 2nd if it is only to move up 5 spots.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Should get you in top 10. But not much more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad