Value of: Flyers #14 & 19 to trade up

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Could see the Oilers giving up 10th + Devils 3rd next season if the players we want are gone.

here is one slight

ittty bitty teeny winny problem. Sherlock

Oilers already traded that pick to the flyers for marody

80--March 21, 2018:
philadelphia_flyers.svg
PHI

2019 3rd round pick
edmonton_oilers.svg
EDM

Cooper Marody
February 26, 2018:
edmonton_oilers.svg
EDM

Joey Dudek
2019 3rd round pick
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Flyers are loaded with prospects at all positions. Let’s assume flyers want to trade picks 14&19 to get into top 10.

1. How high could they trade up using those two picks?

2. What teams might be willing to trade?

3. Is trading up even worth it given the depth of the 2018 draft?

If Philly can't find anyone to move up with...would they be willing to move both pick for an established player that fills their needs more? Looking to get LA more youth and picks.

What would it take to get 14+19 to LA?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If Philly can't find anyone to move up with...would they be willing to move both pick for an established player that fills their needs more? Looking to get LA more youth and picks.

The by issue is that trading away both doesn't make sense sine Philly is not in a win now position. They are building for the future....hence the Schenn trade. So anyone they would want would be young and have term on their contract.

Or DD...lol.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
The by issue is that trading away both doesn't make sense sine Philly is not in a win now position. They are building for the future....hence the Schenn trade. So anyone they would want would be young and have term on their contract.

Or DD...lol.

Other than Kopitar, Doughty, Vilardi and Kempe. I'm more than willing to move any assets.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Other than Kopitar, Doughty, Vilardi and Kempe. I'm more than willing to move any assets.
And that's fine. Philly is just in that weird rebuild spot of too many holes to fill right now, too young on D, and no goalie. But are still wanting to be competitive.

If Hextall cared about today the most, he never trades Schenn. That was a clear sign it's more about the future and future core. Thus why trading Simmonds continues that theme.

Trading picks, especially 1sts for roster players just goes against what he has already done with Schenn....which goes against his plan. Some just don't like that plan.

I suspect he drafts 2 guys the scouts like and then tries to see if he can trade some of the other picks for help now....or waits until FA in an attempt to add someone for "free".

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
And that's fine. Philly is just in that weird rebuild spot of too many holes to fill right now, too young on D, and no goalie. But are still wanting to be competitive.

If Hextall cared about today the most, he never trades Schenn. That was a clear sign it's more about the future and future core. Thus why trading Simmonds continues that theme.

Trading picks, especially 1sts for roster players just goes against what he has already done with Schenn....which goes against his plan. Some just don't like that plan.

I suspect he drafts 2 guys the scouts like and then tries to see if he can trade some of the other picks for help now....or waits until FA in an attempt to add someone for "free".

I completely understand but this is a hockey forum board. Not anything real. I was just trying to see what it would take. You know hypothetically if they were to trade the picks for NHL help since their prospects pool is so deep.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I completely understand but this is a hockey forum board. Not anything real. I was just trying to see what it would take. You know hypothetically if they were to trade the picks for NHL help since their prospects pool is so deep.

We got 2 firsts for Schenn. So if were not getting something around similar value to a .8ish pig center.. it doesnt make sense and the trade is a loss for us.

If la wants 14 and 19, I want Vilardi. la shouldn't do that, but theres nothing else of interest that fits the flyers needs that makes sense. And even then, vilardi just makes a bigger log jam with Couturier, Patrick, and Frost waiting around.

Kings just arent a good fit.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah I look at at the Kings lineup...and there isn't a real fit for the Flyers rebuild...unless the Kings want to get older by trading for Simmonds.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007

Flyers are one of the few teams that could afford to trade for Doughty. If he were to become available, Hextall would be first in line.

14+19+Sanheim/Myers is a pretty good start to a rebuild if LA goes in that direction.

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
To trade up you need to have specific target in mind so curious who would Philly be targeting ? Also , I don't think any of the teams in the top 10 move their pick until they know what players are available to them on draft day. For example if for whatever reason guys like Wahlstrom and Hughes drop I don't see anyway that the 6-10 range teams move their pick. At that point is it really worth it to move up ?

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
To trade up you need to have specific target in mind so curious who would Philly be targeting ? Also , I don't think any of the teams in the top 10 move their pick until they know what players are available to them on draft day. For example if for whatever reason guys like Wahlstrom and Hughes drop I don't see anyway that the 6-10 range teams move their pick. At that point is it really worth it to move up ?

If they were to move up, my guess is it would be for Tkachuk or Wahlstrom if they fell. I think there’s a better chance one of the picks is moved for an established player rather than to move up in the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad