Post-Game Talk: fly

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
That was a good comeback anyway. Igor still kept us in the game. Poor officiating again. All of the top teams have been through periods like this. On to Tuesday

Reactions: egelband

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
FWIW, Kreider and Fox I don't think like to do shootouts. Vatrano 1/9 in career. I don't think Copp has had an attempt before. The next best options were Laf and Chytil. Maybe KAM. I go Laf first there but whatever. Chytil's been solid lately and I guess Gallant decided to give him the nod for it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He was the only reason we even reached o.t..but you be you angry bird

Hilarious dominate the team all game and he put us down behind the 8 ball with two weak ass goals in the first. Oh yay he made a couple of nice saves. Georgiev does that too, gives up horrible goals and then make a nice save here or there. Inexcusable.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Panarin hasn't been this engaged in a long while. He's been the best player on the ice, in all games since Strome went out.

We just can't finish and have gotten lazy on back checks/defense. The 3rd goal allowed was egregious by Fox.
I thought he was our worst player tn

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
If we have any plans of being a playoff team the lines need to resemble this, Chytil, Gauthier and Hunt have no offense to their game I can't handle our 3rd line being a black hole anymore.

Kreider Zib Vatrano
Panarin Strome Copp
Laf Goodrow Kakko
Motte Rooney Chytil

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Hilarious dominate the team all game and he put us down behind the 8 ball with two weak ass goals in the first. Oh yay he made a couple of nice saves. Georgiev does that too, gives up horrible goals and then make a nice save here or there. Inexcusable.
He stopped like 6 breakaways. Geo would of given up 5 goals this game

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Panarin hasn't been this engaged in a long while. He's been the best player on the ice, in all games since Strome went out.

We just can't finish and have gotten lazy on back checks/defense. The 3rd goal allowed was egregious by Fox.

Fox is not very good at defense.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Teams might finally start to be figuring Fox out on the PP. You really can just leave him wide open wherever and he's never going to take the shot himself.

People slag on Strome but he helps Fox a lot along that wall and Fox hasnt looked the same on the pp since his injury.

Reactions: romba

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
8 points to eliminate the Islanders.
1 point to eliminate Columbus
Washington has a problem: 18 to eliminate the Islanders
11 to eliminate Columbus

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think a lot of fans are use to Hank being God mode for a super long stretch. I think Igor is a little more human than Lundqvist.
I don't know if I would agree with that.

Even with this rough patch, this is a better season than Hank ever had. Hank never approached numbers like that over ~55 games.

Hank was all about consistency. We only won one Vezina because he was rarely the #1 best goalie in the league over any 82 game stretch.

The thing is, #1 always changed while Hank was always #2 or at worst, #3. That's pretty unheard of for a goalie, except Hasek.

Hasek was Igor's peak with Hank's consistency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad