Post-Game Talk: fly

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Shootouts are still dumb

Really sloppy game overall, especially defensively, but I'd say we generated enough chances to deserve at least a point.

Fox was pretty meh, Lindgren has looked poor for a while and Kreider was having one of those games where it looks like he's struggling to figure out where the puck is and whether he should go get it.

I don't get GG's usage of Laf. We're basically playing with house-money at this point in time playoff wise ( I get that they want home ice), but after tying it up with 5 mins to go he sees no more ice-time in regulation and about 15 seconds in OT. Why aren't we putting the minutes in to him to develop his game?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm glad I got to see about 20 seconds of Laf in the OT and none in the Shootout.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Shesty with another sub .900 game...

Hard game to watch. Difficult to gauge the performance.

I thought we were really bad, especially Panarin, who of course gets 2 points.

At least we beat those penguins pretty good tho!

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Hard to be mad when we outplayed them so throughly and got unlucky in a shootout. I just hope whatever is up with Igor isnt happening a month from now

Reactions: Holocene

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
We fought back and got a point.With a little puck luck we score 6 or 7 tonight.Not gonna lose my shit because we lost a skills competition

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Is Gallant the dumbest motherf***er on Earth. Why the f*** is this imbecile shooting when he's never f***ing scored in a shootout and has one f***ing move. f*** you Gallant, take a f***ing Taxi you worthless piece of shit.
Happy to see you are even-keeled and under control after that game. Don't want you to get your blood pressure up too high man. you are right about Chytil though, that was a bad decision.

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Panarin hasn't been this engaged in a long while. He's been the best player on the ice, in all games since Strome went out.

We just can't finish and have gotten lazy on back checks/defense. The 3rd goal allowed was egregious by Fox.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I really wonder why they don’t give Schneider-Braun a shot. Nemeth is so f***ing bad I don’t know why he’s the person secure on that pair.

Braun is a solid defensive d man but he’s not going to be effective at all with a player like Nemeth. When they’re out together you have two guys incapable of moving the puck predictably getting hemmed in their own zone as a result.

Reactions: Breaded Fox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad