Florida's goalies

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Only took 8 seconds for a Reimer blunder tonight. He got lucky and a crisis was averted.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I don't think either of these screens were good enough to absolve blame of the goalie.

You can't just look at a screen and say ''Well, he was screened! He can't do anything about it!''.

There's a reason why Hutchinson is a mediocre goalie through his career and I can look at his play last night and the game before that and say ''Okay, makes sense! This goalie looks bad on the eyes and he looks bad on paper too!''.

Come on dude, these screens are hardly screens. Especially on I think it was the fourth goal? The guy ''Screening'' wasn't even in front of him. Look at the replay, the guy is off to the side and the shot is coming straight for him. If he's screened by that then it's HIS fault. He's not doing a good enough job of playing goalie if that's screening him.

These are VERY questionable screens. Unless the guy is right in the goalies face or there's a lot of traffic in the way of the goalie, I'm not absolving him of blame for a screen like that.

Three goals were seen as stoppable after reviewing video? Out of the 2 screens from Kreider and then both Kreider and Matheson being in the way, which of those shots were stoppable?
Starting with the 4th goal stopping the frame at the time the puck is just about off Zucc's stick- yeah, "the guy" being Kreider was off to the side. Right. Matheson was more the screen and I implied as much when I gave Kreider singular credit for the screen on the other two goals. I also don't know why you are telling me to watch the replay when you're the one who didn't recognize it either from seeing it yourself, or after I pointed it out. Matheson is the guy in the white shirt in front of his own goalie...and if his goalie moved around his player for the only other look at where the puck is, he's looking at Kreider.

In case that was all too many words- stopping at the last frame puck on the stick, he has bodies in front of him. Now back to reality where this is all in real time motion.

*For those that have never played goalie- being able to anticipate a shot is a big part of so much as getting a piece of the speeding puck*

LOL at "questionable screens" thing. And the " stoppable 2nd and 3rd goals" play where Kreider moves out of the way has been a few goals this year already. On different goalies.

Glad you think he should've saw them though.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Starting with the 4th goal stopping the frame at the time the puck is just about off Zucc's stick- yeah, "the guy" being Kreider was off to the side. Right. Matheson was more the screen and I implied as much when I gave Kreider singular credit for the screen on the other two goals. I also don't know why you are telling me to watch the replay when you're the one who didn't recognize it either from seeing it yourself, or after I pointed it out. Matheson is the guy in the white shirt in front of his own goalie...and if his goalie moved around his player for the only other look at where the puck is, he's looking at Kreider.

In case that was all too many words- stopping at the last frame puck on the stick, he has bodies in front of him. Now back to reality where this is all in real time motion.

*For those that have never played goalie- being able to anticipate a shot is a big part of so much as getting a piece of the speeding puck*

LOL at "questionable screens" thing. And the " stoppable 2nd and 3rd goals" play has been a few goals this year already. On different goalies.

Glad you think he should've saw them though.
If goalies were always beaten on those shots where there's the least bit of screen, the league average save percentage would probably be about .905% or lower.

Wait a minute, sounds like that's the same neighborhood that Hutchinson's career save percentage is in.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
If goalies were always beaten on those shots where there's the least bit of screen, the league average save percentage would probably be about .905% or lower.

Wait a minute, sounds like that's the same neighborhood that Hutchinson's career save percentage is in.
Right! So maybe if Matheson moves Kreider or even himself....

You don't know how much the little things count in such a fast game?? Even the slightest screens can be most effective. Obviously.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
@Bleedred don't blame him for the first Isles goal either LOL (No, I don't think you actually would!)
Looked like he had no chance on it. Perhaps a poor rebound (it was hard to even see the initial shot, it went so fast on the intermission replay), but a rebound has to be really bad for me to ding a goalie on it. In fact, one of the few rebounds that I've nailed a goalie on this year was actually against Reimer the other night in Washington. The rebound was so poor, it looked like he could have been credited with an assist. I think that was the only goal I slashed Reimer on in that game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad