Florida's defensive zone play

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Matheson is bad.

Many Florida fans told me I didn't pay enough attention to Florida when I said the contract was premature. They said it was a bargain.

LOL

So what you're telling me is, that less than 15 games after a contract extension, he's already wasted his worth and has no way of redeeming himself? Pump the brakes here, pal.

He's 23 years old, played well last year and dare I say - is playing in his sophomore season as we speak. Let's not jump to conclusions because "I said this at this particular time."

Reactions: Little Bobby Boo

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
So what you're telling me is, that less than 15 games after a contract extension, he's already wasted his worth and has no way of redeeming himself? Pump the brakes here, pal.

He's 23 years old, played well last year and dare I say - is playing in his sophomore season as we speak. Let's not jump to conclusions because "I said this at this particular time."
Fine, bump it whenever.

My point, that signing a guy to 8 years 39Million after one solid season NHL time is reckless, will stand the test of time.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
I think a lot of it comes down to how overrated Barkov is. He's not nearly as good as HFBoards makes him out to be in his own end.
This might seriously be the most ridiculous post I've seen here... and that says a lot. "Oilers suck because McDavid isn't good enough".

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
they have NO idea where to be

ive never seen a team with worse coverage in my life

why did they toss their only experienced dman to arizona?

This was CBJ's first 2 goals lmao

cgTLR0D.png

3 guys at the goal line, no one covering the back door

ohkX0SI.png

The black dot is the puck. I guess the right faceoff dot isn't considered a scoring zone :laugh:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So a re
they have NO idea where to be

ive never seen a team with worse coverage in my life

why did they toss their only experienced dman to arizona?
So a team in the west can look dazed and confused too? Have you seen the gaffes by the Coyotes defense?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Let me share some gems from Monday's game which led to their closed door meeting.

9VCPqG.jpg

rpv1gt.jpg

Both are even strength. And in the 2nd picture, only McGinn was protecting the net.

I can say that the meeting worked at least. They improved from 8 against to 7.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Pretty much the poster boy for why you can't throw spreadsheets at everything. Analytics in hockey are way behind analytics in baseball. Just because it's growing rapidly doesn't mean you can rely on them to guide everything you do. It all starts with penny pinching meddlesome ownership and that idiot Tom Rowe. After all, the only thing worse than relying solely on analytics is analytics on the cheap.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
It is sad because the Panthers are a force on the offensive front. Losing Luongo has not helped either. They need to tighten up defensively until he comes back.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It's almost a year later and I'm still trying to figure out why they thought firing Gallant would benefit them.

We have #HockeyExperts as Owners. All talk, no substance.

They decided to blow the system up, bring in more Army friends, go 100% towards analytics, and piss off the Head Coach by trading players he liked. Then fired the HC at the first chance they got, to bring in another Yes man as HC in Rowe.

This was CBJ's first 2 goals lmao

cgTLR0D.png

3 guys at the goal line, no one covering the back door

ohkX0SI.png

The black dot is the puck. I guess the right faceoff dot isn't considered a scoring zone :laugh:

otnzu_JJ.gif

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Oh man the PK is hilariously bad too, I should have mentioned that. Boughner has this really bizarre setup where it's a triangle (like would be used in a 5 on 3) during the 5 on 4 pk. Sharks fans know what I'm talking about.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I do find Barkov to be over rated as well but it's more than him that's an issue there. That defense is downright terrible. Florida looked to be on the rise a few yrs. ago now they're looking like they could be league also rans for yrs. to come.

cribbe

Dec 29, 2015
I do find Barkov to be over rated as well but it's more than him that's an issue there. That defense is downright terrible. Florida looked to be on the rise a few yrs. ago now they're looking like they could be league also rans for yrs. to come.
In what way..? Is his defensive play overrated or??

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Barkov is so not overrated, but yeah. We do suck again. Oh well.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad