Florida's defensive zone play

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Matheson has been terrible and is responsible for a goal or two a game against on a nightly basis.
McCoshen and Weegar are rookies and make mistakes from time to time.
Petrovic has been bad.
Pysyk has struggled too but will be better not playing with Matheson.

Half of our defense is very inexperienced. Bad play, like good play, is contagious.

Add in some mediocre goaltending and you're going to give up a lot of goals.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The corners have basically been free spaces for us to play. It's shocking. It's almost as tho the Cats think playing the puck outside of the trapezoid is a penalty for everyone, not just the goalie. Gives our guys lots to work with.

Boughner really has to get to work on that. It's too easy. Heartbreaking, too (a little), because Barkov and especially Trocheck are playing their hearts out.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
they have NO idea where to be

ive never seen a team with worse coverage in my life

why did they toss their only experienced dman to arizona?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Because McCoshen& Weegar were ready if you asked some of the fans.

Money is the reason for owners then again.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I can't speak for the panthers, but it was just a weird, wide open game. I would think the first half of that game, the Jackets gave up more scoring chances than they have in any game all season. It was looking like a 8-7 game there for a while.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One day, there will be documentaries on how they ruined a potentially rising team, because the ignorant owners couldn't keep themselves out of the hockey ops side of things.

Reactions: Howboutthempanthers

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I can't speak for the panthers, but it was just a weird, wide open game. I would think the first half of that game, the Jackets gave up more scoring chances than they have in any game all season. It was looking like a 8-7 game there for a while.

That’s Panther’s hockey this year. Unfortunately, as a team, they don’t have the personnel to sustain it for more than twenty minutes a night.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Because ownership told them to cut payroll. Their owners are almost as bad as some of the awful ownership groups they had early on. They're also f***in liars too.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think a lot of it comes down to how overrated Barkov is. He's not nearly as good as HFBoards makes him out to be in his own end.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think a lot of it comes down to how overrated Barkov is. He's not nearly as good as HFBoards makes him out to be in his own end.

The golden boy covers for 3 lines ans 6 D-men without problems as well as his own line?

What a ridiculous post, but sadly it's not even surprising anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: I am not exposed

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Matheson is bad.

Many Florida fans told me I didn't pay enough attention to Florida when I said the contract was premature. They said it was a bargain.

LOL

Reactions: Deku

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
It’s sad because the Panthers have a few players that I’d love to have on the Jackets.. Trocheck especially.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad