Florida vs Ottawa - March 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
On goaltending regression in back to back games, a few factors to remember:
1) Not all goaltenders regress equally in back to back situations. Big variance here (e.g. Rask is great in B2B situations).
2) It is not a given that you increase your chances by playing different goalies. Even when you take the level of regression in one goalie into account, he still may be a better option than your backup. E.g. if you have a starter who is stopping about 92.5% of puck, and you know from past experience that he drops to 91.5% in the second half of B2B games, he is still a better option than a backup that only stops about 91% of shots in any game he plays.
3) Some goalies just seem to play better against certain buildings and against certain teams. You'll never get a sample size big enough to really show there is something to it, but this does influence coaching decisions.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Why are we playing another game in less than 24 hours? not only is travel back to Ottawa involved, but an earlier than usual time, too? WTH is the NHL thinking? :rant:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Is Hammond starting? I really hope Anderson starts. Wasn't his fault we lost last night and we really need to get him going.

Anderson played unreal, the team needs to play better in front of him.

I think today we find out what this team is made of, two sub par games in a row. Its how they respond that shows you the true sign of what this team is and where they are at. You cant play well every game especially for how gruelling the last month has been.

I have faith, Andy plays the panthers well I feel a big game coming from Hoff Zibby and Ryan.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Don't worry about it. It's Star Wars night.

The team will be invigorated by all the hoopla.

I can't help but worry. The team is tired, and the injuries are really starting to pile up. I wouldn't be surprised if the lose another player or two tonight.

Just too many games in too few days from now til the end of the season. The schedule makers didn't do us any favors.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I can't help but worry. The team is tired, and the injuries are really starting to pile up. I wouldn't be surprised if the lose another player or two tonight.

Just too many games in too few days from now til the end of the season. The schedule makers didn't do us any favors.

But..........

Star Wars!

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'm glad we have a game this afternoon. I don't want to think, talk, or write about yesterday's game any longer.

Side note: Man, "casual fans" are annoying. My facebook blew up last night with people screaming and crying to get Hammond, our savior, in there over Andy. One can be as casual or as fringe a fan as they want, the support for the team is still great to have, but do they all have to be so god damned opinionated on a subject they just know absolutely nothing about?
/rant

Welcome to life in general, just not sports. Our word is chalked full of opinions of people who have no idea what they're talking about.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Why are we playing another game in less than 24 hours? not only is travel back to Ottawa involved, but an earlier than usual time, too? WTH is the NHL thinking? :rant:

Meh Florida played Montreal at the same time last night, travel distance difference is 2 hours, the teams have it pretty equal

edit/ they went into ot as well

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

I find your lack of faith...disturbing.

Star Wars Theme!

esdoorn

Nov 14, 2006
70 40
Meh Florida played Montreal at the same time last night, travel distance difference is 2 hours, the teams have it pretty equal

edit/ they went into ot as well

But the Sens got to sleep in their own beds at home while, the Cats had to sleep in a hotel last night. Hopefully it was loud on their floor!

No, we can only hope that Anderson didn't decide to cut up some chicken for lunch.....we all know what happened last time he did that.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Welcome to life in general, just not sports. Our word is chalked full of opinions of people who have no idea what they're talking about.

Like me!!! or so i'm told. At least I'm part of the majority, for something around here. ahhhh just noticed something... I kept seeing Craig Medaglia's name on sens website... think i played hockey with his brother Chris, if he has one.... he was 1 of my goalies...

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 14m 14 minutes ago
#Sens have sent Chris Driedger to Binghamton.

Old5oh

Mar 21, 2013
Refresh browser to kill Mcdonalds ad.

Two things going for us,
Quick turn around, last night is fresh, it still burns, and the fire will be hot.
Andy shook off some rust, is loose and rested.

2 pts for us tonight.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Agreed. Hammond was in net on Thursday and showed signs of wear and tear.

Cameron needs to amp the system up a little and not have the guys sit back constantly. Last nights game looked like 2 teams fighting for McDavid. Ottawa better light a fire under their ass quick if they want any chance at a wildcard spot in these final 2 weeks.

The 3rd period last night reminded me of the Jacques Martin era in Senators history where we would play kiddie-bar the door hockey once we got a lead. The formula was quite simple:

1. Get a 1 goal lead
2. Dump puck in opponent's zone
3. Line up 5 guys in the neutral zone.
4. Defend

I'm hoping we forget about last night and continue with our aggressive forecheck for 60 minutes of hockey.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Can we unplug C3PO already? :rant: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad