Florida State files suit against ACC, 1st step in leaving conference

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Only time will tell if they get picked up by the Big Ten or, more likely, the Big Twelve.

I doubt the SEC, as the Gators undoubtedly want a monopoly on the SEC in Florida.

Last edited:

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
It’s laughable how short sighted this is. Did FSU get screwed over? Absolutely. But wait one year… stay the big fish in the decent sized pond and you’re in the Playoff every year. Jump conferences, and you’re the medium fish in a much, much bigger pond.

But hey - you got paid more to go 7-5!

BMN

Jun 2, 2021
It’s laughable how short sighted this is. Did FSU get screwed over? Absolutely. But wait one year… stay the big fish in the decent sized pond and you’re in the Playoff every year. Jump conferences, and you’re the medium fish in a much, much bigger pond.

This is way more about $ than the playoff situation. The latter just aids the optics.

Nebraska threw away their longtime football power status to join the Big Ten. People keep pointing out to the powers-that-be that this was a further derivation from the very powerhouse status most people associate with them. Those powers-that-be almost always say: "Don't care: $$$."

Reactions: Spydey629

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Steve Spurrier did say it was more lucrative to suck in the SEC than anywhere else.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
It’s laughable how short sighted this is. Did FSU get screwed over? Absolutely. But wait one year… stay the big fish in the decent sized pond and you’re in the Playoff every year.

Uh 2023 called, it has something to tell you.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis

Vanderbilt gets paid every year to go 2-10.

College football long needs to be its own entity. Other sports shouldn't have to be dragged into this realignment crap.
Especially the Olympic sports. Why should track athletes have to fly out thousands of miles just because their school changed conferences to accommodate the football team?

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I don't understand why they don't take all the top teams and have a tournament style bowl.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Vanderbilt gets paid every year to go 2-10.

Especially the Olympic sports. Why should track athletes have to fly out thousands of miles just because their school changed conferences to accommodate the football team?
Football drives the bus. Always has.

I'm surprised the NCAA hasn't done this yet. They've never imposed their own championship on college football and pretty much oversee it at arms length.
Further reason why the NFL is far superior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad