Prospect Info: Florida Panthers Prospect Thread 2014-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Worthy of an ELC? Yes, I think so. Again, not high end speed, but he has NHL speed and more than makes up for that with quickness and anticipation. I like his grit, although he is not a fighter per say.......he will not back down and can be an agitator. Although he's going back to juniors, he deserves 3 years to make his mark.

Considering our wing depth, signing him certainly wouldn't hurt. After 4 consistent years production-wise in the QMJHL, I'd be interested to see what he's able to do in the AHL.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Considering our wing depth, signing him certainly wouldn't hurt. After 4 consistent years production-wise in the QMJHL, I'd be interested to see what he's able to do in the AHL.
I corrected the fact he would have to go back to juniors. Had him confused with Hawryluk.:)

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Clapperton is interesting. He's small, but plays big, has a strong slapshot and decent offensive instincts. Not sure if he's fast. This guy was drafted 122nd overall in the 5th round and put up 340 points in 299 games (with playoffs) in the Q, about 1.14 points per game with 139 goals. I know a lot of prospects light up the Q, but that's a lot of production for someone drafted that low. Those are Vinny Trocheck numbers. Wonder how this Clapperton kid will do in the AHL. Very interested.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Clapperton is interesting. He's small, but plays big, has a strong slapshot and decent offensive instincts. Not sure if he's fast. This guy was drafted 122nd overall in the 5th round and put up 340 points in 299 games (with playoffs) in the Q, about 1.14 points per game with 139 goals. I know a lot of prospects light up the Q, but that's a lot of production for someone drafted that low. Those are Vinny Trocheck numbers. Wonder how this Clapperton kid will do in the AHL. Very interested.

With a 5th rounder, I think being productive in the AHL and helping the team to push for a championship would be great even if he doesn,t make it with the Panthers.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Brown lost his man after a faceoff and that said man put it in off Appleby, Kelowna takes the lead.

The very next shift, Brown stood up his man at the blueline, Cassels didn't cover him (caught puck watching) and left a Rockets forward walking right in front of the net.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Brown seemingly saved a goal. Kelowna had a wide open net on the powerplay at the blue paint and Brown recovered to just get enough of the player's stick and prevent the shot

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
His acceleration is pretty poor, which is especially noticeable when Kelowna goes on a quick counter attack. Opposing forwards are going past him way too easily and Brown has to result to hooking, I'm actually surprised how he hasn't been called for one already.

I'd also question his stick work, Brown resorts to hooking in situations where trying to deflect the puck / take away the shooting lane would be a better option. Kelowna's first goal was a good example.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
His acceleration is pretty poor, which is especially noticeable when Kelowna goes on a quick counter attack. Opposing forwards are going past him way too easily and Brown has to result to hooking, I'm actually surprised how he hasn't been called for one already.

I'd also question his stick work, Brown resorts to hooking in situations where trying to deflect the puck / take away the shooting lane would be a better option. Kelowna's first goal was a good example.

Outside of tonight I thought he's been pretty decent in the games i've seen him in.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
"The character on this team is unbelievable" - Ken Appleby

Somewhere Tallon is grinning.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
From Elliotte Fiedman's 30 Thoughts:

30. Finally, circled back around Zach Hyman, the Michigan forward who informed Florida he will become an unrestricted free agent in August. Normally, teams don’t try to trade for this kind of player, knowing they can get him for free in a little more than two months. But there does appear to be some interest (maybe to wine-and-dine him in advance, who knows?) from the likes of Detroit, San Jose and Toronto, among others. No doubt the Panthers would love to get a pick out of it, if possible.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Supposedly an excellent possession Center. Should be a nice addition up in Maine. Looks like a very cerebral guy and just might be a nice surprise as he was given more latitude in the offensive end in the AHL than he ever got playing for Coach Murray@Western Mich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad