Prospect Info: Florida Panthers Prospect Thread 2014-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
Do you guys think he'll come over to play in the AHL in a few years or he'll stay in Finland?

Iirc he did an interview shortly after he was drafted where he stated that he was only coming to North America for one year to acclimate himself to our style of hockey. He was always going to return back to Finland in order to play against older competition. I wouldn't worry about him running away.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
So Rocco Grimaldi just finished his degree at North Dakota. While playing pro hockey he continued to take online classes and took 37 credits in the last year to finish it off. Sure is an impressive kid!

Shwaguy*

Josh Brown is leading the way against McDavid for the Gens. Think the Gens are destined for the Memorial cup this year.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Ekblad, Gudbranson, Petrovic, Kampfer, Brown, Blacker, Weegar all on the right side
Kulikov, Matheson, Mccoshen, Racine, Downing on the left side.

Our defensive pipeline is at the very least interesting.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
From what I've heard Brown is in charge of shutting down McDavid and is doing well. Could end up being a steal

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Hawryluk is having a pretty rough time vs Kelowna. -9 through the first 3 games and Brandon is down 3-0 in the series.
So, Hawryluk either makes the Cats out of camp or he goes back to juniors for another year. His birthday of 1/1 makes him one day ineligible for the AHL.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
There are probably going to be 2 open wing spots when training camp starts. Adding Howden/Hawryluk/Grimaldi would drastically change the skating ability of the team as a whole.

Probably a bad idea to have that many young guys on a team going into next year, but then again look at Calgary.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
There are probably going to be 2 open wing spots when training camp starts. Adding Howden/Hawryluk/Grimaldi would drastically change the skating ability of the team as a whole.

Probably a bad idea to have that many young guys on a team going into next year, but then again look at Calgary.

Howden has the best shot to make the roster out of camp. Trocheck is pretty close to being in the same category as Howden, but another year in the AHL couldn't hurt him. Grimaldi needs another year to transform his offensive game and get more productive. Jayce will return to junior. I think Clapperton up for turning pro next season. Rau and Matheson will experience their first full season in the AHL. Keep your eye on Matheson. If Dale doesn't bolster our defense over the summer, then I could see him have a shot. I think Petrovic is going to be a mainstay with the Panthers. Brickley probably deserves a shot and he might get it if we lose some bodies over the course of the season.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Howden has the best shot to make the roster out of camp. Trocheck is pretty close to being in the same category as Howden, but another year in the AHL couldn't hurt him. Grimaldi needs another year to transform his offensive game and get more productive. Jayce will return to junior. I think Clapperton up for turning pro next season. Rau and Matheson will experience their first full season in the AHL. Keep your eye on Matheson. If Dale doesn't bolster our defense over the summer, then I could see him have a shot. I think Petrovic is going to be a mainstay with the Panthers. Brickley probably deserves a shot and he might get it if we lose some bodies over the course of the season.

This is basically how I see it shaking out as well.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Why isn't not having a near 20-year-old with three years of junior hockey under his belt play against the best competition possible outside the NHL a bad thing?

He will be a hot commodity next season in Junior. It wouldn,t surprise me if he was traded for a team going all in for a year. He will be the leader of a team going for a championship. That's valuable experience.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
He will be a hot commodity next season in Junior. It wouldn,t surprise me if he was traded for a team going all in for a year. He will be the leader of a team going for a championship. That's valuable experience.

I guess I'm just looking at the competition. In junior, Hawryluk is dangling around 17-year-olds. In the AHL, Hawryluk is dangling around adults. Huge difference. But, I can see why keeping him in junior might be good so we don't end up with a logjam of prospects in the AHL.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Yep. Good call, good post. Although being a big fan of Grimaldi I do wish he would just force his way on the team out of camp, plus we need the speed, young, and energy. But it's cool if he is the first call up like this last season.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Josh Brown scored a huge goal tieing the game up the other night against Erie..

we got a good one here.. +- in that leag he is a team leading +49

So its safe to say the kid can play D

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I guess I'm just looking at the competition. In junior, Hawryluk is dangling around 17-year-olds. In the AHL, Hawryluk is dangling around adults. Huge difference. But, I can see why keeping him in junior might be good so we don't end up with a logjam of prospects in the AHL.

That was my train of thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad