Post-Game Talk: Florida Panthers at New York Rangers - November 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
How many years now where you treat metrics as the law of the land rather than a useful tool? You're a lost cause.

AV should be commended for how hes bringing a young player along carefully at even strength, and giving him ample PP time to boot. Its his 2nd year, lest you be reminded that his first was ruined by not being strong enough to play in the NHL. You seem to want to ignore this and throw Buchnevich out there 25 mins a game because a spreadsheet told you it might be a good idea.
We are almost a 500 team @Bleed Ranger Blue - and outside of playoffs. I just don`t understand why some of you guys try to convince others that Gorton & AV are both doing a fantastic job based on depth, and with our current table position?

Last edited:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
How many years now where you treat metrics as the law of the land rather than a useful tool? You're a lost cause.

AV should be commended for how hes bringing a young player along carefully at even strength, and giving him ample PP time to boot. Its his 2nd year, lest you be reminded that his first was ruined by not being strong enough to play in the NHL. You seem to want to ignore this and throw Buchnevich out there 25 mins a game because a spreadsheet told you it might be a good idea.

You making an argument that isn't complete garbage is a lost cause mate

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
If the coach stuck with McDonagh-Shattenkirk and Skjei-Smith which worked, we wouldn't have glaring holes in our top 4.

We don't have holes at center. Zibanejad and Hayes are having career years and a trained chimp could center Kreider and Buchnevich.

As I mentioned Kirk is amazing with the puck on his stick... but when the NYR don’t have it, he’s nearly a disaster. While I agree that McD / Kirk should’ve been given more time maybe they shouldn’t be together so that McD can defend the 1st lines of other teams? No need to see Taraesnko going around Kirk like he was McIlrath.

But I don’t know it all. Maybe AV knows more... maybe not.

I just feel if we had a bette option to play DEFENSE w/McD a real shutdown pair NOT Girardi but mobile, AND good at defense we’d be better off.

Also I liked Smith and resigning him but he’s been a F so far this season

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
As I mentioned Kirk is amazing with the puck on his stick... but when the NYR don’t have it, he’s nearly a disaster. While I agree that McD / Kirk should’ve been given more time maybe they shouldn’t be together so that McD can defend the 1st lines of other teams? No need to see Taraesnko going around Kirk like he was McIlrath.

But I don’t know it all. Maybe AV knows more... maybe not.

I just feel if we had a bette option to play DEFENSE w/McD a real shutdown pair NOT Girardi but mobile, AND good at defense we’d be better off.

Also I liked Smith and resigning him but he’s been a F so far this season

hes not terrible in the d zone... why does everyone have this opinion with shattenkirk

Reactions: Ori

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
hes not terrible in the d zone... why does everyone have this opinion with shattenkirk

He's not terrible in the D zone; however , the discrepancy between his O game and D game is massive.

His focus and bread and butter are being a backend elite 4th forward. There is nothing wrong with that, but his overall defensive game, particularly in shutdown situations, is not fantastic.

Anyway, I'm not knocking him. I've watched him for a while, the contract was a good term, and he's delivering what was supposed to be delivered.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
So what has Paul Carey done for us this year 1 pts in 13 games and AV still use him! I would love to bump the Boo Nieves player discussion so many of you who totally missed on Paul Carey. It`s funny to read on page 4 or 5 on this forum earlier since 5th October this year. I won`t bump the topic to prove a point and season is still young so a benefit of doubt, but truth is I`m kind of sad that AV don`t have other options than this Paul on our 4th line in the minors. :)

And some of you are like miss, miss, miss predictions concerning P. Carey an AHL god, hehe. He has 1 pts in 13 games - especially you @ManUtdTobbe so stubborn with your opinions. ;)

Anyway Steven Kampfer is another player with 1 pts in 13 games and we know there are mixed opinions about him - is`t too late for Gorton to do something about our 4th line this year or can we see a callup in near future any like to speculate on that specific topic?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Would a call up start putting up points? Boo put up 3 assists in his first game but has he had a lot, if any, points since? I wouldn't expect them to put up prolific numbers. I would expect them to eat up solid minutes, like good offensive zone time and a good forecheck and not be liabilities otherwise, while those who are expected to put up the points can recharge on the bench.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I had a super weird dream. AV invited me over for dinner and we discussed the Rangers performances. When I mentioned Staal's atrocious play, he started yelling and kicked me out :laugh:

Don't you know it's always a no-no to discuss work at the dinner table?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
not so sure especially with the parity and being in toughest division. That defense, especially without mcdonagh. Yikes. Also the forward depth isn't there like in years past but guys like hayes, miller, buch and kreider are getting better. Who knows with some other coaches they might have regressed?! Anyway, just trying to point out their are two sides to every story.
I think the defense is the best we’ve had in years. I think the pairings could be better. Shattenkirk and McDonagh have been excellent for us this season.

I like our forwards. Sure the center position isn’t optimal, but that doesn’t have to be exacerbated by playing DD just as much as you play Buch.

Bottom line: there’s a lot of things a good coach could do to mitigate the holes in this roster, yet AV goes around flaunting them.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

:badidea:

o_OFrom 2013-2014o_O

There were the voting threads and the preliminary threads. I didn’t even see that I was nominated until the end of summer because I needed a break from the cup loss.

:propellerNot everything was archived after the server change:propeller

The video you linked was from that year, so if you want to play the nostalgia, you begged for votes :tvhappy:and were incredulous as to why people didn’t find you funny when you tried so hard.

I have no idea they why they didn’t find you very witty and funny :dunno:

Anyway, it’s fun to reminisce.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad