Post-Game Talk: Florida Panthers at New York Rangers - November 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Meh…most of TV programming today is just regurgitating tweets.

Anyway, I disagree with everything you said. It’s not a conspiracy. If the team followed you and your homies stats we’d be the worst team in the history of sports since the ice age.

Sorry. I don’t think you know what your talking about and you can pull as many “effective minutes” , “expected results”, or any other non confirmed test to justify you and your homies insufferable circular logic.

Peace
My homer stats? I have never used advanced stats or anything like that. I don't even know how To read those charts.

I base my opinion exclusively on what I see on ice and point production.

It's pretty easy To notice that when Buchnevich is on ice good things happen more often than not, in Vesey's case the opposite happens, especially when the coach plays him as a top six player.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Yeah this would be one of the citations I would make for my previous point.

Your previous post was borderline nonsensical. Honestly I can't tell if you believe any of this or if you are just a contrarian; your counter arguments to AV criticism seem to lack any substance beyond bemusement and resignation.

Instead of writing something you should just type this in the future:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Went to this game last night. Here are my thoughts

Rangers had an incredibly good cycle game going which was awesome to see. They wore down Florida hard for most of the game.

The reffing was by far some of the worst I've seen in a couple years. The "interference" penalty on kreider was such a load of bullshit since kreider was the one interfered with, but whatever, who am I to say. Refs knew it too because that penalty call on Florida 20 seconds later was oh so painfully obviously a makeup call
The non-goalie interference call was also a joke, Nash is clearly shoved into a goalie who is out of the crease. Horrid call. I'd also argue that Pavelec was interfered with on Florida's 4th goal.

Hank had a bad game. He's entitled to it now and again but giving up 3 goals in the first was rough, especially when that 3rd one should NOT have gone in.

The defense as a whole is awful in it's own end. Holden was trash all night, he could hardly make a pass. Kampfer was also trash, guy iced the puck several times unnecessarily, he could not skate the puck out of danger when needed, and he's good awful in the offensive zone. 7th defenseman, basically.

Shatt is incredible. Guy was easily the best player on the ice. Looks great in the O zone and honestly, idk what people bitch about his defensive zone play for, he looked great

I know some guys were talking about Vesey in his thread about how he needs to pick a role and stick with it. Last night he reminded me of a very gritty 3rd liner--callahan esque, and honestly that's how he needs to play. Win board battles, play below the hash marks and goal line area.

Nieves is a nice player for the bottom 6. Enjoyed seeing him

Carey is absolutely worthless... I'm not sure what AV sees in him, but the guy contributes absolutely nothing to the game at all... He's hardly noticable on the ice, and that's a bad thing considering Nieves who is on his line is a solid standout.

Pavelec is a 3rd string goalie... He reminds me of Anders lindback (i admit I didnt watch much of lindback)--slow reaction times, awkward positioning, average rebound control, poor lateral movement. Rangers need to find a new backup goalie ASAP

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
And it was the game that him and kreider were flying all over the ice. If they were bad nobody would say a thing.

AV is not going to give KZB "first-line" minutes regardless of whether they are "on." Zuccarello usually gets the most ice time of any forward, and KZB, Miller line, and Hayes line typically get about 15-17 minutes.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Your previous post was borderline nonsensical. Honestly I can't tell if you believe any of this or if you are just a contrarian; your counter arguments to AV criticism seem to lack any substance beyond bemusement and resignation.

Instead of writing something you should just type this in the future:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What did you miss?

I said I could use your previous post as a citation for what I was talking about.

Also, I’m getting the contrarian thing thrown at me a lot.

Is that the new “straw man”.

Anyway, the guy who says calm down for a second fellas is the contrarian in a mental hospital, so it’s all relative.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Went to this game last night. Here are my thoughts

Rangers had an incredibly good cycle game going which was awesome to see. They wore down Florida hard for most of the game.

The reffing was by far some of the worst I've seen in a couple years. The "interference" penalty on kreider was such a load of bull**** since kreider was the one interfered with, but whatever, who am I to say. Refs knew it too because that penalty call on Florida 20 seconds later was oh so painfully obviously a makeup call
The non-goalie interference call was also a joke, Nash is clearly shoved into a goalie who is out of the crease. Horrid call. I'd also argue that Pavelec was interfered with on Florida's 4th goal.

Hank had a bad game. He's entitled to it now and again but giving up 3 goals in the first was rough, especially when that 3rd one should NOT have gone in.

The defense as a whole is awful in it's own end. Holden was trash all night, he could hardly make a pass. Kampfer was also trash, guy iced the puck several times unnecessarily, he could not skate the puck out of danger when needed, and he's good awful in the offensive zone. 7th defenseman, basically.

Shatt is incredible. Guy was easily the best player on the ice. Looks great in the O zone and honestly, idk what people ***** about his defensive zone play for, he looked great

I know some guys were talking about Vesey in his thread about how he needs to pick a role and stick with it. Last night he reminded me of a very gritty 3rd liner--callahan esque, and honestly that's how he needs to play. Win board battles, play below the hash marks and goal line area.

Nieves is a nice player for the bottom 6. Enjoyed seeing him

Carey is absolutely worthless... I'm not sure what AV sees in him, but the guy contributes absolutely nothing to the game at all... He's hardly noticable on the ice, and that's a bad thing considering Nieves who is on his line is a solid standout.

Pavelec is a 3rd string goalie... He reminds me of Anders lindback (i admit I didnt watch much of lindback)--slow reaction times, awkward positioning, average rebound control, poor lateral movement. Rangers need to find a new backup goalie ASAP

I hate making excuses, but the refs did us no favors to say the least.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If a team went 82-0 and a fan criticized the coach, that fan would easily outdistance the second most stupid fan in the world.
Lets be honest if a coach makes the playoffs with this roster he's doing a decent job. Especially since most times players tune a coach out after 4 years especially after horrendous start. Guys like Hayes, Miller, Skjei, Kreider, Buch continue to develop. But coaching has nothing to do with that i guess.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
As for the reffing I still find it AMAZING that Hank gets completely interfered with against LA in '14 and they allow the goal... NYR loose a crucial STANLEY CUP FINAL game... countless times since... yet the goal is waived off because Nash is pushed into Reimer and makes incidental contact and the goals is scored well after that contact.

Reactions: bl02

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
As for the reffing I still find it AMAZING that Hank gets completely interfered with against LA in '14 and they allow the goal... NYR loose a crucial STANLEY CUP FINAL game... countless times since... yet the goal is waived off because Nash is pushed into Reimer and makes incidental contact and the goals is scored well after that contact.

If you can access the full game replay , look at the refs faces after the Kreider goal. I’m not saying he ran the goalie. I’m talking about Kreider’s perceived reputation and the way the NHL calls crashing the nets these days.

The puck had already crossed the line on the Kreider goal, so it wasn’t waived.

But they were ready to give RangersTown ™️ A nice purple nurple the next chance they got.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Lets be honest if a coach makes the playoffs with this roster he's doing a decent job. Especially since most times players tune a coach out after 4 years especially after horrendous start. Guys like Hayes, Miller, Skjei, Kreider, Buch continue to develop. But coaching has nothing to do with that i guess.
What do you mean with this roster? Not making the playoffs with this roster is a fireable offense.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Seriously.

Why does everyone think this roster is no good?
I can't speak for everyone but I wouldn't say "No good"

Holes at center and a few on defense. I love Kirk, but he can't defend. Staal's "resurgence? May have been a flash in the pan. Smith has been anything from a scratch to bad to decent to good to bad again. Holden? Kampfer?

I mean there ARE glaring holes.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I can't speak for everyone but I wouldn't say "No good"

Holes at center and a few on defense. I love Kirk, but he can't defend. Staal's "resurgence? May have been a flash in the pan. Smith has been anything from a scratch to bad to decent to good to bad again. Holden? Kampfer?

I mean there ARE glaring holes.

If the coach stuck with McDonagh-Shattenkirk and Skjei-Smith which worked, we wouldn't have glaring holes in our top 4.

We don't have holes at center. Zibanejad and Hayes are having career years and a trained chimp could center Kreider and Buchnevich.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm really enjoying the way ignore functions now where you don't see a quoted post. Really makes reading through basically every thread way less insufferable. Thanks HF overlords!

Oh man, if that's a feature that's great. The ignore function was completely useless in the old HF.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I'm happy with Buch's minutes distribution right now. He's still young, adjusting to the physicality and has never experienced a full 70+ game schedule followed by the playoffs and the toll it takes by season's end. He's also been guilty of some egregious turn overs, as many others on the team have been as well. The difference is Buch is still getting comfortable at this level and a big mistake that ends up leading to a goal against can hurt his confidence and make him gun shy and over think his game. He's getting plenty of PP time and enough even strength time to keep him developing and producing and with sky-high confidence.

As a side point, Vesey, who I groan whenever I see on the ice, has looked like a completely different player the past 2 games. Kudos to him, hopefully he can build on it.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Bunch of AHLers, that's why. #sarcasm

It could be argued that most of those AHLers are seemingly there at the behest of the coach. The organisation has better pieces available to put on the team but for some reason decides to stick with Kampfer, Holden and Carey.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What do you mean with this roster? Not making the playoffs with this roster is a fireable offense.
not so sure especially with the parity and being in toughest division. That defense, especially without mcdonagh. Yikes. Also the forward depth isn't there like in years past but guys like hayes, miller, buch and kreider are getting better. Who knows with some other coaches they might have regressed?! Anyway, just trying to point out their are two sides to every story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad