Value of: Florida Panthers 2023 First round pick (28th - 32nd overall) look

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Jesus, you are talking 3 months ago? LOL

When Chiarot was traded, everyone thought the 1st would be a late pick as the Panthers were a very strong team and looked to be a perennial contender at that time. What happened afterwards really hasn't changed. How the Panthers got to the conference final was entertaining to say the least.
When you’ve been proven demonstrably wrong, just own up to it.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
When you’ve been proven demonstrably wrong, just own up to it.
Then you should own up to it.

Habs traded Chiarot for a 1st ++ which was a brilliant trade. No one equated Fla to Bedard. That's just stupidity. A 0.5% chance for Bedard is not worth taking about.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Then you should own up to it.

Habs traded Chiarot for a 1st ++ which was a brilliant trade. No one equated Fla to Bedard. That's just stupidity. A 0.5% chance for Bedard is not worth taking about.
A thread was posted demonstrating that you are exactly wrong. You can stick your head in the sand, but I don't know what else to tell you.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
A thread was posted demonstrating that you are exactly wrong. You can stick your head in the sand, but I don't know what else to tell you.
SO a thread posted in Dec when the panthers were on the outside looking in proves Habs fans are what? Hopeful that Florida will continue to plummet resulting in high chances at a pick?

Wow, you really caught us Habs fans! Taught us a lesson.

At the end of the day, the Chiarot trade was a massive win for the Habs. No matter where Florida finished. I am happy with the return and also happy the Panthers eliminated the Leafs.

At the time of the trade (which is all that matters), the Habs were thrilled to get a 1st of any kind. In fact, it was only Habs fans who believed they could get a 1st for Chiarot. The rest of HF land laughed. Then ate crow.

Reactions: BLONG7

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If Habs ownership desires to cut some payroll the Panthers pick is good potential trade chip to move Armia and his remaining contract

To :hawks
RW Joel Armia (2 x $3.4M)
Panthers 2023 1st round pick

To :habs
Stars 2023 3rd round pick

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If Habs ownership desires to cut some payroll the Panthers pick is good potential trade chip to move Armia and his remaining contract

To :hawks
RW Joel Armia (2 x $3.4M)
Panthers 2023 1st round pick

To :habs
Stars 2023 3rd round pick
Why would the Habs wish to cut some payroll. Habs will be right beside you looking to add 1 year dumps for picks. Not the opposite. We have plenty of cap with Monahan, Byron, Dadonov and Drouin off the books.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why would the Habs wish to cut some payroll. Habs will be right beside you looking to add 1 year dumps for picks. Not the opposite.

Habs don't have as much cap room as Hawks and others who will be taking on dumps

Hawks have over $41M in cap room potentially (If cap goes to what is expected) entering offseason

And Armia actual costs over next 2 seasons is $8.6M since lowest salary years were the first two of contract so it would save Habs ownership millions in real costs if he is moved

Also is Habs ownership going to be willing to spend near cap as you believe during a rebuild?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Habs don't have a lot of cap room at this time to do that

Hawks have over $41M in cap room potentially (If cap goes to what is expected) entering offseason

And Armia actual costs over next 2 seasons is $8.6M since lowest salary years were the first two of contract so it would save Habs ownership millions in real costs if he is moved
The Habs are one of the richest teams in the league. They were taking on cap dumps (Monahan) for 1st round picks. Habs are the LAST team to dump salary with a sweetener. Especially during this rebuild.

Habs have plenty of capspace and LTIR space (Price). 21 Million just came off the books with only Caufield to sign to a significant pay raise.

When you look at capfriendly, you have to remember that Carey Price's caphit won't count once the season starts. (or rather they can go 10.5M over the cap with Carey on LTIR).

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Watching the Leafs lose, takes the sting out of it. But this was a huge win for the Habs regardless. It was Fla 1st ++ for Chiarot.

NO one ever thought that. But nice try gaslighting the conversation.....
There was a thread on here and on Reddit that the Habs have the highest odds to Bedard to the Habs and the Florida pick combined having a higher % than last place team

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
SO a thread posted in Dec when the panthers were on the outside looking in proves Habs fans are what? Hopeful that Florida will continue to plummet resulting in high chances at a pick?

Wow, you really caught us Habs fans! Taught us a lesson.

At the end of the day, the Chiarot trade was a massive win for the Habs. No matter where Florida finished. I am happy with the return and also happy the Panthers eliminated the Leafs.

At the time of the trade (which is all that matters), the Habs were thrilled to get a 1st of any kind. In fact, it was only Habs fans who believed they could get a 1st for Chiarot. The rest of HF land laughed. Then ate crow.
Don’t be so sensitive. Someone reminisced about the notion that the Florida pick could turn into Bedard. Instead of letting it go, you denied it ever happened, you were proven wrong, and you’ve now moved the goalposts in twelve different directions. Chuckle and let it go.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Don’t be so sensitive. Someone reminisced about the notion that the Florida pick could turn into Bedard. Instead of letting it go, you denied it ever happened, you were proven wrong, and you’ve now moved the goalposts in twelve different directions. Chuckle and let it go.
Its irrelevant though. I was talking about at the time of the trade when the Habs fans postulated that this 1st overall would be a late one. What happened since is irrelevant. Laughing at a thread that occurred in December when the Panthers were near the bottom of the standings is hardly cannon fodder or an endictment of Habs fans.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Did the Leafs lose on purpose to cost the Habs twelve draft spots? I’m not saying they did but I’m just asking questions.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Its irrelevant though. I was talking about at the time of the trade when the Habs fans postulated that this 1st overall would be a late one. What happened since is irrelevant. Laughing at a thread that occurred in December when the Panthers were near the bottom of the standings is hardly cannon fodder or an endictment of Habs fans.
No one’s indicting anyone. Lighten up Frances.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I mean it's still a good return for Chiarot
I will never forget HF's response to the trade after it happened. Even i was shocked the trade went through and disagreed with Habs fans that there was no way. LOL

Hughes absolutely killed it that day.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
UPL is the price to dump Olofsson

What are you ACTUALLY offering for the pick?
Dump Olofsson? Is that supposed to be a joke he would be Montreal's mvp of their PP unit lmao. He has little value to the Sabres as a 3rd line guy but he has some as a PP sniper and spot in a top 6 on a team that isn't deep.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Dump Olofsson? Is that supposed to be a joke he would be Montreal's mvp of their PP unit lmao. He has little value to the Sabres as a 3rd line guy but he has some as a PP sniper and spot in a top 6 on a team that isn't deep.
Montreal's MVP of the PP unit is Caufield. Olofsson would have zero value to a rebuilding team. Habs have to fill these slots with young players and prospects. There is no room of Olofsson.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Montreal's MVP of the PP unit is Caufield. Olofsson would have zero value to a rebuilding team. Habs have to fill these slots with young players and prospects. There is no room of Olofsson.
I think the argument was more of why anyone would consider him a cap dump/negative value when he would easily be worth a mid round pick to teams that are looking for an addition to the PP. The main reason the Sabres would move him is because they have too many forwards already filling the top unit.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Olofsson iajt playing top6 in MTL.

Caufield-Suzucki-Anderson
Slaf-Dach-whoevernwendraft at 5

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think the argument was more of why anyone would consider him a cap dump/negative value when he would easily be worth a mid round pick to teams that are looking for an addition to the PP. The main reason the Sabres would move him is because they have too many forwards already filling the top unit.
I am sure there might be a team with interest. A non-rebuilding team that is. Not sure what his value would be though due to his caphit. Can't imagine its much value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad