Value of: Florida Panthers 2023 First round pick (28th - 32nd overall) look

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
With the Panthers beating the leafs the selection that was once thought, and bragged across HF to be a lottery pick will now be in the 28 - 32nd range.

What do we think the Habs can get from this selection?

Discuss:
You mean 29 to 32.

The 2 losing teams in east and west finals 29 and 30 and the Stanley cup finals loser and winner 31 and 32.

The rest of the playoff teams pick in reverse order of the regular season standings 17-28

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
The Buffalo Sabres offer...
Victor Olofsson (2.375 retaines)
Ukka Pekka Luukkonen

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I feel if the pick is traded, it will be (along with a 3rd or 4th) to trade down for 2 picks in the late-mid 2nd round. Doubt they trade it for a player.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
If there is a player Yzerman likes the Wings have the draft capital to trade two seconds for it. Not sure what the actual want is.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Ok. I'll play along. Here's an idea. Don't know the actual valuation

Barron and Florida pick for 13OA.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Ok. I'll play along. Here's an idea. Don't know the actual valuation

Barron and Florida pick for 13OA.

Thinking we were going to have a top-10 pick for most of the season or perhaps the 17th overall pick, and now picking late 1st. I HIGHLY doubt Hughes would give up anything of significance to move back up to that range. That would be comical

He's just gonna make the late 1st selection or trade it straight up for a player if he can

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Unless the add is a nice piece every other contender can beat that with a different 1st round pick + or a better prospect than that pick +.

I'm guessing they just draft a player with the pick.
I’m not convinced Dubois is a guy you really want on your team, tbh.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
If there is a player Yzerman likes the Wings have the draft capital to trade two seconds for it. Not sure what the actual want is.
Wings, Preds and Hawks (who have a ton of 2nd round picks and might be interested in getting another in the 1st) are the teams that I was looking at when making my comment.

For the Wings picks, the 42nd and the 43rd for the 29th and the either the 69th (Habs' 3rd round pick) or the 101st (Habs' own 4th round pick) seem to make sense in terms of historical draft pick values, depending on which "value chart" you look at.

Go out and get a big defensive player with it ,maybe a Ben Chariot?
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
As a Habs fan, watching both Boston and Toronto flame out is worth the drop in the 1st round with the Panther pick. I have no complaints. :)

I woke up this morning feeling like P Diddy.

Reactions: CapSpace

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Player who scores 28 goals dump? Especially less than three million a year, come on,
Habs are rebuilding and Don't need a guy who's going to be on the wrong side of his 30s when we are contending. And we absolutely don't need a new Michal Ryder who's only positive asset is his shot on the PP.
Therefore. For the Habs, he is a Dump.

So. Again, considering UPL is def not worth a 1st on his own as there are multiple better G prospect in this draft that will likelly be there at 29-32, what incentives are you going to give us to make that deal?

Wings, Preds and Hawks (who have a ton of 2nd round picks and might be interested in getting another in the 1st) are the teams that I was looking at when making my comment.

For the Wings picks, the 42nd and the 43rd for the 29th and the either the 69th (Habs' 3rd round pick) or the 101st (Habs' own 4th round pick) seem to make sense in terms of historical draft pick values, depending on which "value chart" you look at.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Habs don't need depth we have one of the deepest prospect pool in the NHL. We need sure fire talent.

Either Habs move up with the pick, or draft, or trade him for a player like Lafreniere/PLD with upside. I do not see a world where Habs trade this pick for more picks considering we have as we speak to.many prospect and not enough contract spots.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Habs are rebuilding and Don't need a guy who's going to be on the wrong side of his 30s when we are contending. And we absolutely don't need a new Michal Ryder who's only positive asset is his shot on the PP.
Therefore. For the Habs, he is a Dump.

So. Again, considering UPL is def not worth a 1st on his own as there are multiple better G prospect in this draft that will likelly be there at 29-32, what incentives are you going to give us to make that deal?

Habs don't need depth we have one of the deepest prospect pool in the NHL. We need sure fire talent.

Either Habs move up with the pick, or draft, or trade him for a player like Lafreniere/PLD with upside. I do not see a world where Habs trade this pick for more picks considering we have as we speak to.many prospect and not enough contract spots.
He is not a dump for anyone, dude scores goals, for some team he may not be so needed, but this does not mean that he is a dump. And for some teams, it will be very necessary if they do not have elite shooters and problems with PP. If Montreal doesn't need he, no problem, but it has a positive cost.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The Buffalo Sabres offer...
Victor Olofsson (2.375 retaines)
Ukka Pekka Luukkonen
One year of Olofsson? lol How does that help the Habs?

He is not a dump for anyone, dude scores goals, for some team he may not be so needed, but this does not mean that he is a dump. And for some teams, it will be very necessary if they do not have elite shooters and problems with PP. If Montreal doesn't need he, no problem, but it has a positive cost.
Why in the world would Montreal want him and his 1 year remaining in his contract?

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Well if you want the 1stz what are you arding to UPL?

Keep in mind better and younger goalies will be there are 29-32. Hrabal will be there fore sure. And we can let him cook a bit in juniors without a contract

And don't offer a mid 2nd. UPL value right now may be a 3rd/4th. Would need to be more rhan UPL + mid 2nd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad