we goin streakin'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
AHHH so this is what you mean by beat that ass!
1672456615204.gif

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
What do you mean, "biblical"?

Old Testament, real wrath of God type stuff.

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA!

3 power play goals! Koko with a snipe!

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
What do you mean, "biblical"?

Old Testament, real wrath of God type stuff.

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA!

3 power play goals! Koko with a snipe!
Yes, it's true

This man has no dick

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Can anyone remember a defensive team this good? This is like 90s Devils good, except minus the clutch and grab.

It's funny because on paper the 18-19 dcorp was more talented, but the results and #fancystats speak for themselves.

Shout out to Brent Burns, he didn't come in thinking to coast out his contract. And I feel there are less "what the f*** is he doing" moments to start the year.

Shout out to Martinhook, who stepped in as a middle 6 Nino replacement. He even kills penalties!

Shout out to Necas' shift against Connor McDavid, its clear Rod told Necas he was putting him on McDavid 1v1, and Necas took that to heart, never seen him bust ass playing defense (not a criticism just thought it was funnny)

10 wins to close out the year, couldn't feel more confident for this team!

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I didn't read the whole GDT, but I was amazed at how wrong the ESPN announcers were so often in this game. Early on, they stated the both Florida and Canes beat MTL in their last games (and mentioned Raanta got a shutout against MTL). Very often in the game they named the wrong player. On the Svech goal, they called him Aho even as he scored. On the KK goal, not only did they call him Teravainen in the replay, in the graphics in the replay they had a tag saying it was Teravainen (which I think comes from Sports Media Technologies, not ESPN, but still). I get that they don't see all these teams all the time so mistakes will happen, but this game seemed excessive to me.

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I didn't read the whole GDT, but I was amazed at how wrong the ESPN announcers were so often in this game. Early on, they stated the both Florida and Canes beat MTL in their last games (and mentioned Raanta got a shutout against MTL). Very often in the game they named the wrong player. On the Svech goal, they called him Aho even as he scored. On the KK goal, not only did they call him Teravainen, in the graphics in the replay they had a tag saying it was Teravainen (which I think comes from Sports Media Technologies, not ESPN, but still). I get that they don't see all these teams all the time so mistakes will happen, but this game seemed excessive to me.
Something I've said many times, Bucci was a fun studio guy, but he's beyond God awful at PBP. And the other two weren't any better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad