Pre-Game Talk: Florida-Isles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolburnIsGone

Some interesting stats I read in the preview of this game from TSN:
New York (10-5-0) owns a 12-3 scoring advantage over the last four games and has gone 181 minutes, 11 seconds without yielding a goal. The Islanders have allowed fewer than 30 shots in three straight games, and 39 while blanking Arizona and Colorado in the last two.

New York went a team-record 199:24 without giving up a goal in 1998, a stretch that included three consecutive shutouts from April 1-6.
I'm pretty sure as a team, they're going to want to shut the Panthers out in the first period to set a new team record for shutout time so I would expect it to be a close game throughout.

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/new-york-islanders-florida-panthers-20141114/Preview

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Some interesting stats I read in the preview of this game from TSN:
I'm pretty sure as a team, they're going to want to shut the Panthers out in the first period to set a new team record for shutout time so I would expect it to be a close game throughout.

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/new-york-islanders-florida-panthers-20141114/Preview

I think this is the goal of every team that's ever played sports lol. But on a more serious note I think it's really important to get a first period goal, and hopefully the first goal of the game. The team gains so much confidence when they score first. I'm sure beating a good Sharks team on Tuesday helped, and if they can put away the Islanders tonight it would do wonders for the confidence of the team, especially ahead of a big trip out west.

CoolburnIsGone

I think this is the goal of every team that's ever played sports lol. But on a more serious note I think it's really important to get a first period goal, and hopefully the first goal of the game. The team gains so much confidence when they score first. I'm sure beating a good Sharks team on Tuesday helped, and if they can put away the Islanders tonight it would do wonders for the confidence of the team, especially ahead of a big trip out west.
How about you re-read what I wrote and not highlight only part of it. I was referring to their team record for time without giving up a goal...by shutting the Panthers out in the first period, they would set a new team record. Jeez :shakehead

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
yeah, but i think we'll get one by early anyway, expecting a slick power move by bjug
stad

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
How about you re-read what I wrote and not highlight only part of it. I was referring to their team record for time without giving up a goal...by shutting the Panthers out in the first period, they would set a new team record. Jeez :shakehead

I was making a joke, calm down. Obviously they want to set the record. But every team also wants a shut out.

Deadweight

Apr 20, 2014
New York, NY
Hey guys isles fan coming in peace

Pretty sure Ocho Cinco is going to start for NYI, I think he's like 4-0 with a 950 save percentage against Florida.

Our main source(Art Staple) just revealed Halak will be starting and bailey is back from injury replacing conacher.

Lines will probably look like this

Kulemin-JT-KO
Lee-Nelson-Strome
Bailey-Nielsen-Grabo
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Leddy-Boychuk
Hickey-Visnovsky
De Hann- Hamonic

Hoping for a fun game! Good luck guys

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Hey guys isles fan coming in peace

Our main source(Art Staple) just revealed Halak will be starting and bailey is back from injury replacing conacher.

Lines will probably look like this

Kulemin-JT-KO
Lee-Nelson-Strome
Bailey-Nielsen-Grabo
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Leddy-Boychuk
Hickey-Visnovsky
De Hann- Hamonic

Hoping for a fun game! Good luck guys
Thanks for the lines! Hope to see a good and close game!

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
The Panthers are going to have to take as many shots as possible at Halak. Besides going for his third straight shutout, he's won five of his last six starts. He faced us last season with the Blues and you all probably want to forget the 7-0 game we lost. I think it'll be close rather than a blowout, but Luongo's going to probably have to stand on his head if we want to think about getting a win.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Last game I listened to Out of Our Heads 4 times and the team scored 4 goals. Maybe I should just put it on repeat from now until puck drop...:sarcasm:

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
This game is actually pretty winnable. The Isles are going to come in really cocky after their performance last game. The Cats should try to use that to their advantage. Their offense isn't even that incredible, if Lu is on his game we'll be okay.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
This game is actually pretty winnable. The Isles are going to come in really cocky after their performance last game. The Cats should try to use that to their advantage. Their offense isn't even that incredible, if Lu is on his game we'll be okay.

Just shut their top lines down . Mitchell & Ekblad can do that :handclap:

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
I think this game is definitely winnable. Obviously we need to come out like we did against SJ and not stop. Hopefully since the Isles are surging, they will take us for granted :)

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Will we see the Panthers of new or old. That's the question as usual.

Old Panthers win a good team in SJS and next game get hammered
New Panthers win 2-1

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Will we see the Panthers of new or old. That's the question as usual.

Old Panthers win a good team in SJS and next game get hammered
New Panthers win 2-1

We will be fine. We had only two bad games so far and our offense has come alive. I see no reason that we cant beat Halak

Too bad I will miss another game :shakehead I will be drunk though :D

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I will be drunk though :D
200_s.gif

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Hey guys Leafs fan in peace.

Will be at the game tonight. If we get nosebleeds, is it pretty easy to move down? Are there a lot of non-scalpers trying to get rid of tickets outside of the arena?

Cheers

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Hey guys Leafs fan in peace.

Will be at the game tonight. If we get nosebleeds, is it pretty easy to move down? Are there a lot of non-scalpers trying to get rid of tickets outside of the arena?

Cheers

They've limited the ability to move around. You can move down in your section, but you can't really get to the lower levels. But to be honest, I love the view from the 300 level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad