Pre-Game Talk: Florida-Isles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
The Isles look pretty good so far this season. If we don't make the playoffs, I hope they do. If anything, just so Buffalo don't get another high pick!

Halak has back to back shut outs, and he's performed well against us in the past. I think the Isles will win this one 2-1, with the GWG coming about 3 minutes before the end of the third.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Who sits with Bergy likely back? I wouldn't want to sit Trocheck or Hayes because they've been playing well. Thornton, i guess?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Who sits with Bergy likely back? I wouldn't want to sit Trocheck or Hayes because they've been playing well. Thornton, i guess?
Probably Flash.

As good as he's been defensively, there's no point in playing him in a bottom6 role over a better fit.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Fleischmann is a better player than Thornton, so why not sit Thornton?
Isles have some capable fighters and Thornton has played well. Flash wasn't bad or anything in the last game, but you can see that he's not a fit to play with two grinders.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Isles have some capable fighters and Thornton has played well. Flash wasn't bad or anything in the last game, but you can see that he's not a fit to play with two grinders.

Yeah remember the last game vs NYI? I'd rather have some toughness in the line up. No idea who sits tomm, though.. Maybe let Bergy get a couple more days of rest?

Kuli should also start skating tommorrow which is a great sign.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yeah remember the last game Cs NYI? I'd rather have some toughness in the line up. No idea who sits tomm, though.. Maybe let Bergy get a couple more days of rest?
I'd be fine with that. Like I said, Flash didn't have a bad game and he looked decent, but he's not a 4th line player. Bergy is at his natural habitat in a bottom6 role.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
The Isles look pretty good so far this season. If we don't make the playoffs, I hope they do. If anything, just so Buffalo don't get another high pick!

Halak has back to back shut outs, and he's performed well against us in the past. I think the Isles will win this one 2-1, with the GWG coming about 3 minutes before the end of the third.

:laugh: me too. if we don't win the stanley cup i hope the tavares will hoist it.

it's gonna be a tough game that's for sure. i've been watching some islanders games during the season (tavares & okposo is on my fantasy team) and halak is not that good. he seems to have turned it around a bit the last few games but some nights he's just been plain awful.
i think we can end their winning streak tomorrow if we stay out of the penalty box, luongo stands on his head once again and if all our four lines play soild defensively, shutting down their skilled forwards.
then a couple of easy pucks could very possibly end up behind halak. pretty general stuff but but i think that's the the key for a w.
go cats! :handclap:

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I won't be able to attend or watch this one as I'll be driving to Orlando for the weekend, but I will definitely be listening on the radio the whole way up.

I think it'll be a really tough game and it's going to take the same intensity vs. the Sharks to get a win. I have Halak overall isn't a great goalie, but has been lights out lately. Luongo's going to have to play out of his mind again to beat him out as we may be lucky to score more than say two goals.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

I've always liked him since his days in Montreal. I think we could have snagged him here as a UFA if we didn't acquire Luongo. I would have been happy with a Halak/Montoya if it happened.

Finally going to a game!

You have your tickets already? Not worried it'll be sold out? :sarcasm:

Expecting a confident Islander group tomorrow night. Speed has been our friend the last couple games, let's keep that going. I'm assuming Lu gets the nod again. (We've only had one back to back so far and don't have one for another 3 weeks, the league taking it easy on us to compensate for our travel schedule?)

The San Jose game should be the template moving forward:

- limit penalites
- get the first goal
- speed
- ability to retrieve dump and chase entries/passes
- protecting the puck
- blocking shots
- fill up the lunch pale, we be hungry!

Let's go Panthers!!

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009

Which means he's due for a bad game :nod:

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
So, who's going to get the boys angry before tonight's game?

Compile a fine selection of your comments and it'll probably get the boys riled up :laugh: :sarcasm: Just joking :nod:

I hope we can have the same pace, energy and all-around good effort as we had against the Sharks. Was a fun game to watch and the boys played really well. Let's make it 2 wins in a row!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad