Friedman: Florida could have interest in Erik Karlsson

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
But it’s not. That leaves the Sharks with ONE retention spot for 3 years. That means the returns on Timo, Reimer, Barabanov, Bonino, and all of our other rentals are going to be worse.

...ok I'm not going to pretend I know the SJ situation that well. I'm just not seeing how retaining one or two million on some of those guys would get you a better return than retaining on Karlsson. And now that you mention the Burns trade, seems like the return on an that expensive aging defenseman where 33% was retained wasn't that great?

Well whatever, I suspect we'll find out sooner or later what happens with Karlsson. Still think it makes no sense to just keep him...

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
...ok I'm not going to pretend I know the SJ situation that well. I'm just not seeing how retaining one or two million on some of those guys would get you a better return than retaining on Karlsson. And now that you mention the Burns trade, seems like the return on an that expensive aging defenseman where 33% was retained wasn't that great?

Well whatever, I suspect we'll find out sooner or later what happens with Karlsson. Still think it makes no sense to just keep him...
Burns asked out. EK didn’t. EK is also miles better than Burns in every aspect of the game. There’s literally no comparison there.

Reactions: PatrikBerglund

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

It makes sense to keep him if the deals out there don’t move the needle one way or the other unless he asks out. Unless moving Karlsson is something he wants or they get a legitimately quality future piece, why bother? They’re at 2nd overall with him at his best here so they can manage the draft position with him just fine until the right deal comes up.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
How are they going do pull that off with Bobrovsky? Karlsson will cost a lot and dumping Bob on us will only increase the cost.

If Lundell isn't on the table, I'm not interested. I understand why Florida isn't interested at that price.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Is Karlsson living up to his contract now? I doubt 20 some games of elite play erases everything else. No GM wants to touch that deal with a 10 ft pole without sending an equally horrible deal back.

Reactions: MCR74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad